Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2689720 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #5295 on: June 24, 2013, 10:06:43 am »
i just pulled 5th row, section 100s, close to stage and incredible seats

total cost  -  1280.00, before fees.

for the stones

and they can go fuck themselves

azaghal1981

« Reply #5296 on: June 24, 2013, 10:23:17 am »
If you charge triple figures, you can go fuck yourself. If you charge four, you need to die in a fire.
احمد

hutch

« Reply #5297 on: June 24, 2013, 10:34:03 am »
you guys....the naivete!

all they've done on this tour is take the scalpers out of the game by charging what the scalpers would have charged had the Stones priced them below market.. at the same time they've incorporated a new thing where they sell a lot of seats for $$85 and when you get there they tell you where you sit (basically filling in the unsold seats- many of them $600 seats- with people who paid $85)..  most of the pit is made up of $85 tickets....

having said that most people who pay $85 won't get good seats... but there are by now enough stories from the tour to establish that you have a chance for a $600 "seat" spending $85...all comes down to luck

Yada

« Reply #5298 on: June 24, 2013, 10:36:40 am »
you guys....the naivete!

all they've done on this tour is take the scalpers out of the game by charging what the scalpers would have charged had the Stones priced them below market.. at the same time they've incorporated a new thing where they sell a lot of seats for $$85 and when you get there they tell you where you sit (basically filling in the unsold seats- many of them $600 seats- with people who paid $85)..  most of the pit is made up of $85 tickets....

having said that most people who pay $85 won't get good seats... but there are by now enough stories from the tour to establish that you have a chance for a $600 "seat" spending $85...all comes down to luck

I'm hoping to show up this evening and get a pair of those $85 seats from the box office window due to the fact that there are so many empty seats for this show. It's been happening in many other cities.

James Ford

« Reply #5299 on: June 24, 2013, 10:39:08 am »
Hey cool! We finally agree on something. How about that!

If you charge triple figures, you can go fuck yourself. If you charge four, you need to die in a fire.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5300 on: June 24, 2013, 10:47:43 am »
So is that Franz Ferdinand did with their ticket prices?
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #5301 on: June 24, 2013, 10:51:43 am »

no Kosmo..what Franz Ferdinand did is say if you live in DC you have to pay double if you live in Philly..

Stones prices are constant in every market. Honestly I really dont' care if people on this board hate the Stones but I was tryin to explain what they're doing with the pricing... if you want to hate them go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yada, to answer what you wrote... the fact there are empty seats showing means nothing..theyv'e sold many many $85s and they can fill them in with those.... looking unlikely any more $85 releases.. both Philly shows had none close to date etc.. basically the $85s give them a lot of flexibility.. they will have some walk up purchases today and they will fill the rest with $85s..having said that the thing to watch for are the $150s... there may be some pretty good seats released today for $150 (seats that used to be $600 or $300)...

anyways i ain't going myself...but those that do enjoy it!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 10:53:36 am by hutch »

Yada

« Reply #5302 on: June 24, 2013, 10:55:55 am »

no Kosmo..what Franz Ferdinand did is say if you live in DC you have to pay double if you live in Philly..

Stones prices are constant in every market. Honestly I really dont' care if people on this board hate the Stones but I was tryin to explain what they're doing with the pricing... if you want to hate them go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yada, to answer what you wrote... the fact there are empty seats showing means nothing..theyv'e sold many many $85s and they can fill them in with those.... looking unlikely any more $85 releases.. both Philly shows had none close to date etc.. basically the $85s give them a lot of flexibility.. they will have some walk up purchases today and they will fill the rest with $85s..having said that the thing to watch for are the $150s... there may be some pretty good seats released today for $150 (seats that used to be $600 or $300)...

I'm assuming the $85 seats are already pre-determined where they're sitting, no? If there are 1,000 empty seats in the 100 level, why wouldn't they release more tickets? At any rate, whether or not $85 seats will be released, the show isn't close to sold out from what I gather.

hutch

« Reply #5303 on: June 24, 2013, 11:02:25 am »

I'm assuming the $85 seats are already pre-determined where they're sitting, no? If there are 1,000 empty seats in the 100 level, why wouldn't they release more tickets? At any rate, whether or not $85 seats will be released, the show isn't close to sold out from what I gather.

I seriously doubt there will be any $85s released.... and the show will be a sell out or close in the end much like every other show. i don't know when they print the seat assignments for the $85s or how they do the whole thing but you could buy some real pricey seats before any of the shows on the tour.. just cause they're showing up as unsold doesn't mean they don't realize most likely they will fill them up with $85s....

but best of luck!

azaghal1981

« Reply #5306 on: June 24, 2013, 11:08:52 am »
Only caught two AFIDOCS movies. The Punk Singer, the Kathleen Hanna doc was awesome. Left an even bigger fan of hers than before. Our Nixon was as close to a light-hearted Nixon documentary as you will probably get. It was basically a collage of home movies and tapes that tried to humanize him as much as he can be humanized which is pretty difficult. Oh and Bob Woodward was part of a panel afterward and he still comes off as being hella full of himself.

Man...or Astro-Man? killed.
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #5307 on: June 24, 2013, 11:23:17 am »

Yada

« Reply #5308 on: June 24, 2013, 01:12:26 pm »
Just swung by the box office and the not so in the know lady did say that there will most likely be cheap (er)  tickets released today, however that could still mean $300 a ticket.

Meh, maybe I won't be attending.

She was clueless re: the $85 tickets.

hutch

« Reply #5309 on: June 24, 2013, 01:22:52 pm »
Just swung by the box office and the not so in the know lady did say that there will most likely be cheap (er)  tickets released today, however that could still mean $300 a ticket.

Meh, maybe I won't be attending.

She was clueless re: the $85 tickets.

$150 lower bowl is best possibility you will have i think.. and maybe not even that....

despite people's protestations its a very hot ticket.... stones always are...

but keep checkin' as you never know although i dont imagine $85s hitting at this point..yesterday was D day.