Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2689718 times)

K8teebug

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #6045 on: November 01, 2013, 08:44:08 am »
your call for cover album?  mine is appetite for destruction.  i heard that mentioned weeks ago as a wish list call, and thought . . . oh fucking yeah.

I always wished they would play that.

K8teebug

« Reply #6046 on: November 01, 2013, 08:46:03 am »
They played their new album.  LAME.

Yada

« Reply #6047 on: November 01, 2013, 09:02:27 am »

Why do you care? You've admitted many times you don't like the band.

hutch

« Reply #6048 on: November 01, 2013, 09:19:42 am »

that is embarrassing

I've said it before but this really is a dead band walking... their last few albums have been horrible... trey needs to get back to the hard drugs or something...maybe gordon needs some underage chicks.. i don't know what happened to these guys...trey's last solo album.. the one with the green cover is HORRIBLE.

its been commented on many boards/forums just how easy it has become to get a ticket to see phish... even a place like hampton..

there is no magic with this band left...

disclaimer: this post in no way endorses the use of hard rugs or underage chicks...restrctions apply..anal bleeding may ensue.. please consult your doctor for an erection lasting longer than 29 days.

Yada

« Reply #6049 on: November 01, 2013, 09:28:00 am »

that is embarrassing

I've said it before but this really is a dead band walking... their last few albums have been horrible... trey needs to get back to the hard drugs or something...maybe gordon needs some underage chicks.. i don't know what happened to these guys...trey's last solo album.. the one with the green cover is HORRIBLE.

its been commented on many boards/forums just how easy it has become to get a ticket to see phish... even a place like hampton..

there is no magic with this band left...

disclaimer: this post in no way endorses the use of hard rugs or underage chicks...restrctions apply..anal bleeding may ensue.. please consult your doctor for an erection lasting longer than 29 days.

This is probably not the proper forum to discuss this since I'm guessing 99% of the posters here despise Phish without ever actually listening to them, seeing them, etc... but has Phish EVER had a good album? Or something that critics thought was good?

I thought it was a giant fuck you to all of the haters and thoroughly enjoyed it. If you do follow the band, people have been complaining about no new material, similar set lists nightly, and too much predictability. Well, last night they did something NO ONE was expecting. Played an entire album of material no one has ever heard. I think that's a lot more exciting than a set of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, Excitable Boy, etc. By the way, basically this entire tour sold out other than Hampton... tickets for every night this weekend are astronomically priced and last night's tickets were over $250 to get in the door.

Anyway, you seem to know a bit about the band, read the Play Bill from last night. It's pretty refreshing and nice to hear that after 30 years a band doesn't despise each other and come together to make quality music (obviously, a subjective opinion).

hutch

« Reply #6050 on: November 01, 2013, 09:35:42 am »
Billy Breathes, I think, got good reviews when it came out.. and that was their last good album.... a very good album.. on some days a great album

I really like the TAB album too.. the one with all the horns..

somebody wrote it on a board: if you go out on haloween dressed up as yourself its pretty lame

this was a very very bad move for Phish I think...we know they can't write songs anymore..now they can't even cover other people on halloween? what is left??

Yada

« Reply #6051 on: November 01, 2013, 09:40:04 am »
Billy Breathes, I think, got good reviews when it came out.. and that was their last good album.... a very good album.. on some days a great album

somebody wrote it on a board: if you go out on haloween dressed up as yourself its pretty lame

this was a very very bad move for Phish I think...we know they can't write songs anymore..now they can't even cover other people on halloween? what is left??

Ok... well, Billy Breathes came out in 1996, so this conversation can probably just end. If you haven't liked anything Phish has done in roughly 18 years, I'm not sure why you're concerned about what they're playing on Halloween.

hutch

« Reply #6052 on: November 01, 2013, 09:50:22 am »

Ok... well, Billy Breathes came out in 1996, so this conversation can probably just end. If you haven't liked anything Phish has done in roughly 18 years, I'm not sure why you're concerned about what they're playing on Halloween.

cause i like the cover albums which they do on halloween, right?

waiting for columbus..man that was cool

i can't help it they can't write songs anymore dude but if you enjoy them great

but when you really like a band for a while.. mid to late 90s... and then they really suck.. well you just keep hoping they won't suck......its a pretty normal response..

but yeah i ain't buying their new one and i'm not going to see them again.. i tried one of their MPP shows a few years ago and it sucked..

unfortunately i think some phish fans are just in denial...

Yada

« Reply #6053 on: November 01, 2013, 10:00:55 am »

cause i like the cover albums which they do on halloween, right?

waiting for columbus..man that was cool

i can't help it they can't write songs anymore dude but if you enjoy them great

but when you really like a band for a while.. mid to late 90s... and then they really suck.. well you just keep hoping they won't suck......its a pretty normal response..

but yeah i ain't buying their new one and i'm not going to see them again.. i tried one of their MPP shows a few years ago and it sucked..

unfortunately i think some phish fans are just in denial...

Denial of what? Are they the same band they were 20 years ago? No. Are you the same person you were 20 years ago? I hope not.

Anyway, I'll refer to my previous post. If you haven't liked a band for over a decade, you probably won't like them again.

K8teebug

« Reply #6054 on: November 01, 2013, 10:19:24 am »
I'm with Hutch.  Billy Breathes was their last good studio album.  I went to see them for the last time in 2000.  I just knew they were done and I was done with them.  I always like to see what they cover for Halloween though because they're still good at that.  I bought Farmhouse and listened to it one time.  It was terrible.

I'm glad they still get along and it's nice knowing there are still people out there dancing around, but they are not innovators.

But, I've also been done with the band for a while.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #6055 on: November 01, 2013, 10:25:27 am »
i go see a band.  the band is good.  i have a good time.  i have good memories.  the bands plays good.  the band always has.  i meet good people.  i talk about good things.  life is good.  getting there is good, getting back is good.  new towns are good.  listening to people talk about it . . . is good.  good phish good.

Yada

« Reply #6056 on: November 01, 2013, 10:28:57 am »
I'm with Hutch.  Billy Breathes was their last good studio album.  I went to see them for the last time in 2000.  I just knew they were done and I was done with them.  I always like to see what they cover for Halloween though because they're still good at that.  I bought Farmhouse and listened to it one time.  It was terrible.

I'm glad they still get along and it's nice knowing there are still people out there dancing around, but they are not innovators.

But, I've also been done with the band for a while.

The one thing that doesn't add up is you guys keep saying, "they're done, they're not innovating, etc." How were they "done" in 2000 yet it's 2013 and they're still going strong? Well, they still sell out arenas yearly and continue to get new newb phans.

With bands like Phish (not that there are many), you always have folks that think they're over, they don't like their new style, etc... This happened in the early 90's when they started playing arenas in 95' or so, then when their style changed in 97' to more of funk/darker jams, then the crazy drug scene of the late 90's/00. It changes, yet they still keep chuggin' along, changing each year. Assuming these guys all stay healthy, we'll probably be having this same conversation in 10 years.

Anyhoo, good day all, I'm off to see Phish.  :o :o :o

K8teebug

« Reply #6057 on: November 01, 2013, 10:37:55 am »
I don't think the band is done, and personally, I'm glad they're still touring and people are still out there having a good time.  But, innovation-wise, come on.  They are done doing anything new. 

Have a great time at the show.

killsaly

« Reply #6058 on: November 01, 2013, 10:42:08 am »
How was the show last night showlist?  I wasnt able to make it out (or you would have seen me)... By the time I was even ready to think about going anywhere, it was already 10:30, and I was worried I would miss Inter Arma. 

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #6059 on: November 01, 2013, 10:47:12 am »
You definitely would've missed Inter Arma, since they went on around 10:10-10:15.  Apparently Bastard Sapling dropped off due to a health issue (obviously, the guy who's not in Inter Arma).