Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2689702 times)

Cock Van Der Palm

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #10875 on: December 09, 2023, 12:53:00 am »
William Strings
CFG Arena - Balt
Friday and Saturday

hutch

« Reply #10878 on: December 09, 2023, 12:04:43 pm »
I have to admit I have not listened to any of this music but “ambient” is probably my latest favorite genre and looks really interesting and no doubt a rare chance to see….might be a game time decision….lately am having trouble motivating to go out

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10879 on: December 15, 2023, 11:30:50 pm »
jimmy carr tonight!
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #10880 on: December 16, 2023, 12:05:04 am »
Report back! We never got a report on Basinski….missing it broke my heart

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10881 on: December 17, 2023, 01:20:07 am »
jimmy carr tonight!

i'm not sure that request was for me, but here goes anyways: t'was absolutely brilliant.  best live comedy i've ever seen.  good comedy is more than just jokes, it should make you think, feel, question, cringe... jimmy did all of that.  he is amazing at improv (protip: don't heckle him unless you're prepared to be destroyed... he murdered three loudmouths last night).  i was a tad worried that after 25 years of touring he'd be jaded, phoning it in, doing the same old routines, etc - newp, last night was as fresh and heart-felt as any of his past stuff i've seen (recorded).  jimmy carr is now on my must-see list, i'll be catching him whenever he's in town.  protip2: if you do have an opportunity to catch his show, don't bring someone who is unfamiliar with his stuff and/or isn't a fan of blue and black humor.  the couple sitting to my left were on a date and the lady was not enjoying herself... she stuck it out but she clearly doesn't believe that sacred cows make the tastiest hamburgers.  pretty sure the date was over after that ;D

he doesn't have any currently listed dates in the DC area.  he'll be in atlantic city in april, as well as the carolinas and pittsburgh around then, but nothing closer.  but he's constantly touring so it's just a matter of time.  highly recommended.
<sig>

nkotb

« Reply #10882 on: December 17, 2023, 02:14:12 pm »
Interpol tomorrow

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #10883 on: December 17, 2023, 03:56:36 pm »
If you meant William, I really am glad I saw it. First concert that I went to for concert purposes this year, I think. Wonderful music albeit obviously not that much to see action-wise. I had a blast.
LVMH

Vas Deferens

« Reply #10884 on: December 17, 2023, 11:18:10 pm »
Wish I'm seeing Sweeping Promises again tonight opening for Interpol.
One of the best albums of the year.
Brilliant show at songbyrd on Thursday. I bet they sound great with 930s sound system.
(_|_)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #10885 on: December 18, 2023, 02:29:49 pm »
Has anyone seen an announcement of whether on not Madonna is covering the costs to keep the Metro open late for her shows?  Sounds like it's already going to be a nightmare with the Red line shutdown... This whole not starting until after 10pm for a two hour+ show is stressing me out.. and yes I know there are these things called horseless carriages, just the Green Line is less stressful...
T.Rex

Vas Deferens

« Reply #10886 on: December 18, 2023, 06:26:37 pm »

https://www.facebook.com/capitalonearena/videos/682757190650973

Has anyone seen an announcement of whether on not Madonna is covering the costs to keep the Metro open late for her shows?  Sounds like it's already going to be a nightmare with the Red line shutdown... This whole not starting until after 10pm for a two hour+ show is stressing me out.. and yes I know there are these things called horseless carriages, just the Green Line is less stressful...
(_|_)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #10887 on: December 18, 2023, 07:11:29 pm »
Thanks for the link, but wow that video is super unhelpful when trying to see on one’s phone

Looks like if you take the green line north one is going to miss 40+ minutes of the show. 

Sigh
T.Rex

Vas Deferens

« Reply #10888 on: December 18, 2023, 07:16:33 pm »
Due to the intricacies of the Madonna production, Tuesday’s show will begin past the ticketed start time of 8:30 PM. Please plan your evening’s travel and surrounding details accordingly.

Please be aware that the show may run past when the last train is expected to leave the Gallery Place station. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the Gallery Place train schedule and rider guide HERE before the show.

-------
To me it sounds like they won't extend metro unlike the last tour?
(_|_)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #10889 on: December 18, 2023, 07:37:00 pm »
Yup not seeing any of the local news outlets sharing the info about them paying to keep the metro open, the whole Red line closure with all those buses is probably complicating things

Oh well horseless carriage is being arranged
T.Rex