Author Topic: Virgin Freefest 2012  (Read 121533 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Virgin Freefest 2012
« Reply #135 on: August 17, 2012, 12:38:16 pm »
A person can use social media tools like Facebook and still have a life.

absolutely not.  social media serves only to distance you from others - atomicfront told me so.
<sig>

atomicfront

« Reply #136 on: August 17, 2012, 01:03:56 pm »

absolutely not.  social media serves only to distance you from others - atomicfront told me so.

well i guess it depends on how much you use social media.  If you are out and about and you are checking facebook every 20 minutes I am guessing you aren't being very social.  But a lot of things can keep you from being social.  Seeing a live band is truely a passive non social event.  Well I am sure in some cases that isn't true but in most cases you are just standing watching a band.  You have to do things in moderation.  But Facebook I would state is pretty anti-social medium in general.   But so is reading a book.  Or watching baseball on tv. 

hutch

« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2012, 01:21:32 pm »

well i guess it depends on how much you use social media.  If you are out and about and you are checking facebook every 20 minutes I am guessing you aren't being very social.  But a lot of things can keep you from being social.  Seeing a live band is truely a passive non social event.  Well I am sure in some cases that isn't true but in most cases you are just standing watching a band.  You have to do things in moderation.  But Facebook I would state is pretty anti-social medium in general.   But so is reading a book.  Or watching baseball on tv. 

Like you're checking this thread every 20 minutes??

;)

wml7

« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2012, 02:14:21 pm »
I thought only complete  losers had them.  sorry. 
sigh. i bet you said this about facebook and myspace and xanga and cell phones and pagers and shorts and haircuts and dvd players and comic books and vinyl records. I know it's probably "against" some bullshit you believe in because SO many people use and Kim Kardashian tweets so it MUST be evil, just try it and then you can bitch about the flaws. Maybe your loser ass can actually get the link itself, I don't think IMP gives 2 squirts of piss if you have been buying tickets since you went to see The Cure in 1984 and quite frankly neither do I. But, I'm sure people will post it here. I'm excited for ZZ Top.

Well if IMP doesn't care about their long-time customers than they are quite foolish.  And when everyone is at Fillmore they will have no one to blame but themselves.

I probably only go to 6 or 7 of their shows a year now since I live in Baltimore

Well I have a vinyl record collection that is quite large.  I did say CD's weren't as good in sound quality on the first listen as vinyl records.  I had an ex-girlfriend who had twitter and she would read off the stupid tweets that people she knew would post and make fun of how boring some peoples tweets were.  I said if you found them boring just don't follow them anymore but she couldn't because I guess she wanted to have a lot of followers and she had like 1000 facebook friends.  Of course she probably had about 4 real friends.  And she actually cared what people thought about her that weren't her friends. 

Guess what if someone i know has a monumental event they can either call me or text me to let me know.  If I am not important enough to be told then i don't need to know

Anyway myspace had a use when bands were on there.  Not really useful for communication.  I used facebook the 3 months that I was single.  I guess when you are in a relationship you don't have time for it.  Once in a while I will go on their and most of the stuff people post is completely irrelevant.  Oh you are out with these 15 people at this bar?  How long did that take out of your time at the bar to post.  Really like I care.  Or your kid just said something that you thought was funny?  Guess what no one else does.  Or they post some stupid thing that everyone else is posting.  I do like looking at photos but photobucket could be used for that and would be easier to use. 

I have no idea what xanga is about. 

This is a fantastic painting of how boring you are to me.

boring because i actually go to clubs that you guys worry that are douchey, travel around the world, hang out with friends and have actual face to face converations,  hike a mountain etc, instead of spending alll my free time on tiwtter and facebook.  If that is boring to you well i am happy to be boring. 

Are you this guy??

;D

K8teebug

« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2012, 02:27:28 pm »

I've hung out with more people in person because of facebook.  And it's a nice way to keep in touch with my cousins who live overseas!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #140 on: August 17, 2012, 02:34:32 pm »
if they gave away the tickets on the television . . . would you people have these deep discussions about the corruptable powers of t.v.? 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #141 on: August 17, 2012, 02:35:51 pm »
I thought only complete  losers had them.  sorry. 
sigh. i bet you said this about facebook and myspace and xanga and cell phones and pagers and shorts and haircuts and dvd players and comic books and vinyl records. I know it's probably "against" some bullshit you believe in because SO many people use and Kim Kardashian tweets so it MUST be evil, just try it and then you can bitch about the flaws. Maybe your loser ass can actually get the link itself, I don't think IMP gives 2 squirts of piss if you have been buying tickets since you went to see The Cure in 1984 and quite frankly neither do I. But, I'm sure people will post it here. I'm excited for ZZ Top.

Well if IMP doesn't care about their long-time customers than they are quite foolish.  And when everyone is at Fillmore they will have no one to blame but themselves.

I probably only go to 6 or 7 of their shows a year now since I live in Baltimore

Well I have a vinyl record collection that is quite large.  I did say CD's weren't as good in sound quality on the first listen as vinyl records.  I had an ex-girlfriend who had twitter and she would read off the stupid tweets that people she knew would post and make fun of how boring some peoples tweets were.  I said if you found them boring just don't follow them anymore but she couldn't because I guess she wanted to have a lot of followers and she had like 1000 facebook friends.  Of course she probably had about 4 real friends.  And she actually cared what people thought about her that weren't her friends. 

Guess what if someone i know has a monumental event they can either call me or text me to let me know.  If I am not important enough to be told then i don't need to know

Anyway myspace had a use when bands were on there.  Not really useful for communication.  I used facebook the 3 months that I was single.  I guess when you are in a relationship you don't have time for it.  Once in a while I will go on their and most of the stuff people post is completely irrelevant.  Oh you are out with these 15 people at this bar?  How long did that take out of your time at the bar to post.  Really like I care.  Or your kid just said something that you thought was funny?  Guess what no one else does.  Or they post some stupid thing that everyone else is posting.  I do like looking at photos but photobucket could be used for that and would be easier to use. 

I have no idea what xanga is about. 

This is a fantastic painting of how boring you are to me.

boring because i actually go to clubs that you guys worry that are douchey, travel around the world, hang out with friends and have actual face to face converations,  hike a mountain etc, instead of spending alll my free time on tiwtter and facebook.  If that is boring to you well i am happy to be boring. 
Yeah, because I have a Twitter and a Facebook that means I don't go out. You're a twat, guy.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #142 on: August 17, 2012, 03:30:28 pm »
Yeah, because I have a Twitter and a Facebook that means I don't go out. You're a twat, guy.

amazingly in all your insults you have not mentioned once anything positive about twitter.  i am sure you only leave the house to head to the apple store to wait in line with all the other drones. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #143 on: August 17, 2012, 04:11:59 pm »
Lol, I have a Droid, but your wide, sweeping generalizations are fucking great. So, while I have no life and could continue arguing with you on this amazing message boards for sit-at-home-concert-going-loser-Twitter-havers, I'm going to get drunk with my real friends, which you don't think are real because I do in fact have a Twitter. Also, Twitter is fucking great, there, happy? Pretty sure someone else on here rattled off a list of reasns why Twitter is awesome. You know, some people fucking despise concerts, they do, I know a couple. So, to each their own, some people like shit for no reason, other people don't like shit for REAL reasons. So, instead of littering this thread with more of your really stupid bullshit, and my equally unncessary retorts, I'll stop. Because this is stupid. So, realize this is stupid and that you're stupid and I'm stupid and let's all DM each other the Twitter link, except to this guy.

Anyway, I'm excited for ZZ Top.
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #144 on: August 17, 2012, 04:14:15 pm »

Anyway, I'm excited for ZZ Top.

You would be

wml7

« Reply #145 on: August 17, 2012, 05:10:09 pm »
I'm excited for the free backstage passes and all you can drink beer Sethy will give me because I said Facebook and twitter
 ;D

stevewizzle

« Reply #146 on: August 17, 2012, 09:27:27 pm »

amazingly in all your insults you have not mentioned once anything positive about twitter.  i am sure you only leave the house to head to the apple store to wait in line with all the other drones. 

i like to think i explained what is great about twitter in my response (and for twitter fans, under 140 characters).

we don't need echos here.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #147 on: August 19, 2012, 09:30:02 pm »
this mop has more talent than skrillex

T.Rex

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #148 on: August 19, 2012, 09:40:42 pm »
too bad the person pushing it . . . doesn't.

atomicfront

« Reply #149 on: August 22, 2012, 08:57:44 am »
I got the presale information in email from Virgin Mobile as I am a customer.  So I guess I made the right move by not signing up for twitter.  I would tell everyone the information but I am sure as Twitter junkies you all know as well.