Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3243870 times)

Sieve-Fisted

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #3375 on: August 27, 2013, 01:11:16 pm »
DC Brau is canning OTWOA today! Can't wait until Saturday.

« Reply #3376 on: August 27, 2013, 01:23:54 pm »
Founders vs. Lyon Hall Beer Dinner

10/01/2013
 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
 Lyon Hall
 Beer Dinners

In the spirit of friendly competition, Founders will be going up against the rest of the beer world in a beer dinner challenge. We will be pairing only Founders beers with the dinner, while the beverage guru for Lyon Hall gets to choose any beer available to him. This is going to be the dinner of all dinners: 4-5 courses, with 8-10 beers. We are still working on the menu and pricing, but you can bet your bum we will be featuring some Breakfast Stout. Tickets are limited to 35 people, so get them early. More info to come!!

Please contact Lyon Hall with questions at (703) 741-7636.

Only 35 tickets!
slack

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3377 on: August 27, 2013, 01:47:23 pm »
good . . . lord.

Yada

James Ford

« Reply #3379 on: August 27, 2013, 03:01:11 pm »
I bet it would make a great float with Ben and Jerry's Liz Lemon.

Actually, I sort of mixed the two over the weekend and it was quite tasty.

finally got to try rubaeus.  that's a damn nice fruit beer.  the missus is in love with the stuff but can't drink it much at the moment.  i've been given orders to find more - hopefully the stuff will keep for a month or two.  doesn't seem like a beer that was made for cellaring but gotta get while the gettin' is good.

i snagged an oracle last night for my fantasy football draft.

but our draft isn't until next week... wait - ARE YOU SEEING OTHER LEAGUES?!?  BASTARD!!!

Finished the last of my Heady Topper supply last night.

I am sad.

now i'm sad too... that means no HT at the next bottle share <cries>

stevewizzle

« Reply #3380 on: August 27, 2013, 04:45:58 pm »
i snagged an oracle last night for my fantasy football draft.

but our draft isn't until next week... wait - ARE YOU SEEING OTHER LEAGUES?!?  BASTARD!!!

i'm sorry you had to find out this way "/

other league is a 10-team keeper league. 

atomic

« Reply #3381 on: August 28, 2013, 11:30:39 am »
Had some awesome beers lately.  Last night I had Helles Schlenkerla Lager which was amazing.  I also had two Ettal beers.  Their Dunkel and their Helles.  Both were quite outstanding. 

stevewizzle

« Reply #3382 on: August 28, 2013, 11:51:55 am »
Had some awesome beers lately.  Last night I had Helles Schlenkerla Lager which was amazing.  I also had two Ettal beers.  Their Dunkel and their Helles.  Both were quite outstanding. 

your taste in beer sucks and no one cares.

« Reply #3383 on: August 28, 2013, 12:00:46 pm »
hmmm...who's this atomic dude?
slack

atomic

« Reply #3384 on: August 28, 2013, 01:08:21 pm »

your taste in beer sucks and no one cares.

Troll. 

atomic

« Reply #3385 on: August 28, 2013, 01:25:28 pm »
I am going to probably go to the Ettal Monstary to get some of their beers fresh.  It is pretty close to the place we are staying in the Bavarian Alps so it is pretty much a must stop. 

imbecile

« Reply #3386 on: August 28, 2013, 01:48:25 pm »
I am going to probably go to the Ettal Monstary to get some of their beers fresh.  It is pretty close to the place we are staying in the Bavarian Alps so it is pretty much a must stop. 

Definitely try and go if you can.  I went several years ago when I was staying in nearby Garmisch for a winter holiday.  It was absolutely gorgeous.  I would mention the beer, but you're already aware of it. 

atomic

« Reply #3387 on: August 28, 2013, 01:57:19 pm »

Definitely try and go if you can.  I went several years ago when I was staying in nearby Garmisch for a winter holiday.  It was absolutely gorgeous.  I would mention the beer, but you're already aware of it. 

Cool.  I will be staying in Garmisch as well. 

medeski7

« Reply #3388 on: August 28, 2013, 10:26:36 pm »
Cantillon announced churchkey as its DC location for zwanze day, September 14.  Nothing on CK site yet.

James Ford

« Reply #3389 on: August 28, 2013, 10:32:03 pm »
Quotes from the 70 year old guys sitting next to me at Pizza Paradiso Old Town tonight:

"I sure wish they had some lagers or pilsners on this draft list."

"I don't like the citrus tasting beers."

"$45 for a bottle of beer? That has to be some kind of mistake. That just CAN'T be true. Oh wait it's 750 ml. Is that more than the usual serving size?" Other guy: "Yeah, it's about two cans. But still, must be a mistake."

"I left Church A for Church B because at Church A they love the IDEA of God, but at Church B they love God."

"When I witness for the Lord I always ask somebody who doesn't believe in God how he can live a life filled with such emptiness...."

....and about 60 minutes of really loud detailed conversation on theology that had both me and my six year old rolling our eyes.

Oh and I had a Terrapin Hopzilla and a Sinebrechoff (sp?) Baltic Porter. The former a bit too boozy, the latter a bit too bland.