Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3243874 times)

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #5265 on: February 15, 2015, 10:10:56 pm »
Ok I like some NOFX and I like good craft beer
but I don't think I'm going to spend $8.50 for a 16 oz can of this stuff

slack

Yada

« Reply #5266 on: February 17, 2015, 11:54:25 am »
i'm not particularly excited for hopslam.  maybe i'll change my mind if reports are that this year's batch is amaze-balls, but barring that i doubt i'll buy any.  i'm not sure if the beer has gotten worse or if my tastes have change, but the last few years i've been underwhelmed.

an IIPA that i am really excited about is flying dog's single hop HBC-431.  it's a one-time release made with a new experimental hop that tastes amazing.  get it while you can.

I just grabbed a six pack of this, I'll report back with my findings.

Found this offering quite mediocre. Definitely prefer "The Truth" over it in my very honest, non beer snobbery, opinion.

« Reply #5267 on: February 17, 2015, 12:16:36 pm »
I'm really enjoying the Imperial IPA's lately (other than the cost)
I think the Truth is the best offering by flying dog, have searched for this HBC one, but can't seem to find a retailer that has it (haven't looked that hard)

picked up a four pack of this and have been savoring it
slack

« Reply #5268 on: February 17, 2015, 12:21:51 pm »
just realized that DIPA and IIPA are the same thing
Imperial just sounds better
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #5269 on: February 17, 2015, 12:32:18 pm »
A friend gave me 4 heady toppers. Gonna re-gift some to Bagley.

« Reply #5270 on: February 17, 2015, 01:08:04 pm »
I need better friends
slack

hutch

« Reply #5271 on: February 17, 2015, 01:57:18 pm »
I need better friends

you need to start buying your friends some drinks man...

Bagley

« Reply #5272 on: February 17, 2015, 02:08:07 pm »

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #5273 on: February 17, 2015, 02:29:34 pm »

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

Indeed. I will leave them in the mailbox with all of the other stuff (kidding).

« Reply #5274 on: February 17, 2015, 02:45:45 pm »
I need better friends

see with friends like these...who needs enemies
slack

hutch

« Reply #5275 on: February 17, 2015, 02:58:25 pm »
I need better friends

i'm sure our friendship can survive a bit of honesty...

generally speakin shows we've gone together, and it has been a noticeably long while, i've bought you two drinks you've bought me one

even shows i've gotten you a free ticket for...

i always get the first drink.. then you buy me one back.. then i buy the third.. sometimes then i buy myself a fourth.

;)

i don't really give a shit- although i do keep track- and i like to drink more, i think, but come on now.

i've decided you're kind of tightfisted at shows...the ticket dynamic regarding the Specials is what clinched it for me...lets remember i got you a free ticket and paid for mine... isn't that kind of weird?

another classic was the one where you tried to pawn off bryan "he who does not keep his word" on me regarding the breeders ticket: "I don't owe you, Bryan here does...good luck"

Yada

« Reply #5276 on: February 17, 2015, 03:02:39 pm »
I need better friends

generally speakin shows we've gone together, and it has been a noticeably long while, i've bought you two drinks you've bought me one

i always get the first drink.. then you buy me one back.. then i buy the third.. sometimes then i buy myself a fourth.

;)

i don't really give a shit- although i do keep track- and i like to drink more, i think, but come on now.

i've decided you're kind of tightfisted at shows...the ticket dynamic regarding the Specials is what clinched it for me...lets remember i got you a free ticket and paid for mine... isn't that kind of weird?

another classic was the one where you tried to pawn off bryan "he who does not keep his word" on me regarding the breeders ticket: "I don't owe you, Bryan here does...good luck"

You fellas should take this offline or log into the James Ford account.

hutch

« Reply #5277 on: February 17, 2015, 03:04:40 pm »
I need better friends

;)

You fellas should take this offline or log into the James Ford account.

what? this is the thanks we get for trying to liven up the board with some - you know- reality?

I have to admit there are Fordian overtones to this conversation..... ;D

Yada

« Reply #5278 on: February 17, 2015, 03:08:17 pm »
I picture hutch in his cat in the hat hat acting like he's writing down a setlist but actually keeping track of the number of drinks sidehutch has purchased him throughout the evening.

pretty lulzy brah.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 03:13:53 pm by Yada »

hutch

« Reply #5279 on: February 17, 2015, 03:14:55 pm »
I picture hutch in his cat in hat hat acting like he's writing down a setlist but actually keeping track of the number of drinks sidehutch has purchased him throughout the evening.

pretty lulzy brah.

when it happens time after time you begin to notice......so when someone jokes about needing better friends you might chime in..

generally i'm a good guy about buying drinks.. i believe i offered to get you one but you said you didn't want one?

but i am not a good bar tipper... i mean i can be cold...it ain't automatic.. i've even been known to have a problem with a bartender here or there...

now if its the blonde bartender at the 930.... i hope she's still there...been a while since i seen her...there are no problems

at the end of the day i am incredibly self-aware.. of what i do and the people around me do.. most people i daresay walk through life in a relative haze.. i don't need to take notes..it just goes in my brain and i do keep scores... fortunately, sidehatch has been one of the best friends i've ever had so like i said I don't really give a shit....he's come through for me dozens of times in ways bigger than people would imagine...