Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3243802 times)

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #7230 on: August 03, 2016, 09:36:23 am »
^take that reco with a grain of salt* as he only recognizes beer from MI or RVA as being drinkable

*that grain should also be escalated from Detroit's famous salt mine
which I visited and was actually very cool (literally too)

edit...just read public tours have not been conducted since the 1980s.
well got in there just in time I guess
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 09:39:26 am by Sidehatch 🐶 |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| 🍺 👻 »
slack

Yada

« Reply #7231 on: August 03, 2016, 09:49:36 am »
I'd recommend any one of these IPAs for IPADAY or break the rules and have a pale ale. All delicious, all fruity and light. #mulebomb and for those keeping score, $115... This one is all mine sidehutch. :0)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #7232 on: August 03, 2016, 10:11:07 am »
^take that reco with a grain of salt* as he only recognizes beer from MI or RVA as being drinkable
So, you recommend something, I second your recommendation, and then you come back and denigrate your own recommendation because JULIAN.

This board is amazing sometimes.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #7233 on: August 03, 2016, 10:21:23 am »
So, you recommend something, I second your recommendation, and then you come back and denigrate your own recommendation because JULIAN.

No offense Jules, but your IPA recs would've been awesome circa 2005.

« Reply #7234 on: August 03, 2016, 10:42:00 am »

As GGW was always astute to point out: Julian's America does advocate an old-world view of success. It's basically stuck in 1989.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #7235 on: August 03, 2016, 10:46:02 am »

As GGW was always astute to point out: Julian's America does advocate an old-world view of success. It's basically stuck in 1989.

RIP GGW.

« Reply #7236 on: August 03, 2016, 10:56:58 am »
#becauseJULIAN
might have to put that one in the band name thread
slack

Yada

« Reply #7237 on: August 03, 2016, 03:44:02 pm »
well sheeeeeeeeeeeeet....guys like sidehop need not apply since he doesn't like IPAs.

We pleased to announce our first annual Forever Summer Fest(a celebration of all things hoppy) on Saturday August 27th! 🙌🏼 All of the proceeds will be going to a local non-profit. This will be a ticketed event. 2 sessions. Very low ticket counts so every guest can enjoy all of the beers at the festival in a relaxed setting. More info regarding ticket sales and other details coming soon. We are extremely honored to host our good friends Other Half Brewing Company, Suarez Family Brewery, Oxbow Brewing Company, Tired Hands Brewing Company, Bissell Brothers, Trillium Brewing Company, Lawson's Finest Liquids, Ocelot Brewing Company, The Answer Brewpub, Cycle Brewing, Monkish Brewing Co., Threes Brewing, and Commonwealth Brewing Company. Stay tuned! 😎 ‪#‎vabeer‬ ‪#‎rvabeer‬ ‪#‎rva‬ ‪#‎scottsaddition‬

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 03:47:46 pm by Yada »

« Reply #7238 on: August 03, 2016, 03:47:34 pm »
well sheeeeeeeeeeeeet....guys like sidehop need not apply since he doesn't like IPAs.

We pleased to announce our first annual Forever Summer Fest(a celebration of all things hoppy) on Saturday August 27th! 🙌🏼 All of the proceeds will be going to a local non-profit. This will be a ticketed event. 2 sessions. Very low ticket counts so every guest can enjoy all of the beers at the festival in a relaxed setting. More info regarding ticket sales and other details coming soon. We are extremely honored to host our good friends Other Half Brewing Company, Suarez Family Brewery, Oxbow Brewing Company, Tired Hands Brewing Company, Bissell Brothers, Trillium Brewing Company, Lawson's Finest Liquids, Ocelot Brewing Company, The Answer Brewpub, Cycle Brewing, Monkish Brewing Co., Threes Brewing, and Commonwealth Brewing Company. Stay tuned! 😎 ‪#‎vabeer‬ ‪#‎rvabeer‬ ‪#‎rva‬ ‪#‎scottsaddition‬
I'm guessing its The Veil doing that?

EDIT: You added a picture which answered my question.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #7239 on: August 03, 2016, 03:48:23 pm »

I'm guessing its The Veil doing that?

yessir... with a pretty darn unbelievable line up in terms of hoppy brewers.

« Reply #7240 on: August 03, 2016, 03:49:18 pm »
Hmm, last weekend before football. I have liked the few beers of theirs I've gotten to try. Depending on price I might go to that.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #7241 on: August 03, 2016, 03:54:33 pm »
Hmm, last weekend before football. I have liked the few beers of theirs I've gotten to try. Depending on price I might go to that.

Space and hutch are most likely going to need to crash on your couch, i hope that's ok.

« Reply #7242 on: August 03, 2016, 04:01:40 pm »

Space and hutch are most likely going to need to crash on your couch, i hope that's ok.
The guest bed is a queen. They can hash out the sleeping arrangements on their own. . .
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #7243 on: August 03, 2016, 04:26:14 pm »

It does sound pretty neat. But I'll be in Jackson Hole that weekend. Drinking at many Melvin 2x4's as possible. Six ounces at a time.

hutch

« Reply #7244 on: August 03, 2016, 04:53:36 pm »

The guest bed is a queen. They can hash out the sleeping arrangements on their own. . .

well thank you..its nice to know that is an option....a place to lay my weary drunken head is always welcome...

I hardly ever make it to Richmond any more.. it has been like 3 years or so.....very strange...since I went to Dylan at the Mosque which was great.... what freaked me out is I went to the Third Street Diner or whatever beforehand and it had changed ownership and was a total shithole.. that place was so great back in the day I have such fond memories.... anyways..it kind of sucked cause i had hyped it up to my friend who I went to the show with..

It is rare that Richmond gets a show that is a must see that I can't see in DC....which is a shame..