Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3243830 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #8445 on: September 14, 2017, 08:31:44 pm »
With dinner tonight:

Crooked Stave 2014 Surette-ok, a little past it's prime but still tasty
Allagash Brett IPA-Yum

herman otto

« Reply #8446 on: September 14, 2017, 08:36:51 pm »
And, dinner was?

Space Freely

« Reply #8447 on: September 14, 2017, 08:57:49 pm »
$100 VIP (200 Tickets Available - 2 per person): Anniversary Glass, Early Access, Anniversary Bag, 1 Bottle of Anniversary Stout, & 15 6oz pours
just for the pours that day...$1.11 per Oz
and that Anniversary stout...which will make you the king of your next bottle share

got some great breweries coming

what is the price per oz threshold for space?

I've had stouts by Aslin, and trust me, they're not trade bait or bottle share highlights.

Space Freely

« Reply #8448 on: September 14, 2017, 09:02:00 pm »
And, dinner was?

....The only ten minutes my daughter paid any attention to me all night.

Oh, you mean the food?

Salmon pasta with a spinach salad accented with cranberry trail mix and some dressing i made from scratch (olive oil, balsmic vinegar, lime juice, honey, garlic aoili mustard).

Except my finicky daughter insisted on something else and my workaholic wife worked so late she missed dinner....

medeski7

« Reply #8449 on: September 14, 2017, 10:31:21 pm »
$100 VIP (200 Tickets Available - 2 per person): Anniversary Glass, Early Access, Anniversary Bag, 1 Bottle of Anniversary Stout, & 15 6oz pours
and that Anniversary stout...which will make you the king of your next bottle share

I've had stouts by Aslin, and trust me, they're not trade bait or bottle share highlights.

Their BA bottled stouts are awesome.  I agree the canned stouts are good but not highlights.

Space Freely

« Reply #8450 on: September 14, 2017, 11:09:29 pm »

Their BA bottled stouts are awesome.  I agree the canned stouts are good but not highlights.

Fair enough. I have had their regular stouts but not the barrel aged stuff I think someone will have to invite me to a bottle share so i can test your theory.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #8451 on: September 15, 2017, 07:57:37 am »

That's something like $75 for a six-pack.  Whose willing to pay that?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #8452 on: September 15, 2017, 08:20:33 am »
There is more math going on in this thread than a rolling compendium of integers.
LVMH

« Reply #8453 on: September 15, 2017, 08:50:18 am »
True...but you do need to parse out some things to get an accurate price per oz
I'd say VIP is a $20 premium for early access and feeling elite over the stinking masses
the glass sells for $10 and the stout would probably retail for $18
Anniversary Bag-$2
so the price per oz comes down to $.56
about on par if typically you get a 16 oz pint of good beer...it costs you $9 then tax and tip puts you at $11
that would cost you $.68 oz

but sounds like the deal of the week to me :)
can someone check my math, I'm still kinda of sad about Cassini

liking good beer is really impacting my ability to save for my children's college fund
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #8454 on: September 15, 2017, 11:11:42 am »
I'd say VIP is a $20 premium for early access and feeling elite over the stinking masses
Anniversary Bag-$2
about on par if typically you get a 16 oz pint of good beer...it costs you $9 then tax and tip puts you at $11

liking good beer is really impacting my ability to save for my children's college fund

I probably own 30-40 brewery glasses and there's only two drinkers in the family. The brewery glass is worth $0 to me. Ditto the bag. Also don't need another sugary stout to decorate the basement with.

Also, $75 for a six pack, but it's a six pack you have to consume all at once. In a parking lot.

Yada

« Reply #8455 on: September 15, 2017, 12:03:38 pm »
Hey you fucking cheap skates, there was a $35 option as well.

I'm sure that still doesn't meet the space: ounce/cost ratio.

« Reply #8456 on: September 15, 2017, 12:26:09 pm »
finally a sneaker for beer drinking
The adidas Munchen Oktoberfest Brown is perfect for the beer loving sneakerhead. Not only does this Munchen embody the spirit of this beer haven but thanks to an invisible coating, you can be assured of hard-wearing durability. Even if you spill beer on these creps, that nectar of the gods will simply flow right off.

note...not space friendly price of $210
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #8457 on: September 15, 2017, 12:44:12 pm »
finally a sneaker for beer drinking
The adidas Munchen Oktoberfest Brown is perfect for the beer loving sneakerhead. Not only does this Munchen embody the spirit of this beer haven but thanks to an invisible coating, you can be assured of hard-wearing durability. Even if you spill beer on these creps, that nectar of the gods will simply flow right off.

note...not space friendly price of $210
Julian's America Score: 3.4 out of 10
LVMH

brennser

« Reply #8458 on: September 15, 2017, 03:12:05 pm »
Anniversary Bag-$2

Aslin BA stouts are going for $150 a bottle on the secondary market (if you're into that kind of thing) - so it pays for the ticket and then some

I had Beaumont at a share a few weeks ago - it was fucking awesome and more than held its own against some heavy hitters

Space Freely

« Reply #8459 on: September 15, 2017, 03:25:31 pm »
Hey you fucking cheap skates, there was a $35 option as well.

I'm sure that still doesn't meet the space: ounce/cost ratio.

What did $35 get you? A designated driver ticket?

I honestly didn't really pay any attention. Beer festivals don't fit my lifestyle anymore, if they ever did. My wife's not interested, my kid's not interested, and I'm not interested in drinking and driving.