Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241422 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #3750 on: November 05, 2013, 05:21:59 pm »
jen kimmich's response in the comments:

"Retailers will be receiving much more beer so you should be able to access Heady easily. You should be able to purchase a full case from our larger retailers. As always, we do our best to encourage suggested retail pricing- the price should be in the $13-$15. "
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #3751 on: November 05, 2013, 05:28:44 pm »

"Retailers will be receiving much more beer so you should be able to access Heady easily. You should be able to purchase a full case from our larger retailers. As always, we do our best to encourage suggested retail pricing- the price should be in the $13-$15. "

So many issues with that... one, they can't control the price and once retailers realize the demand (not that they don't already know), they'll be upping their prices.

Also, retailers also have the ability to put a limit on the amount purchased. At least prior to the 15th of November, if you planned your trip right to VT, you were guaranteed to come home with topper, now a trip to VT might get you a four pack or two.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3752 on: November 05, 2013, 05:40:25 pm »

So many issues with that... one, they can't control the price and once retailers realize the demand (not that they don't already know), they'll be upping their prices.

Also, retailers also have the ability to put a limit on the amount purchased. At least prior to the 15th of November, if you planned your trip right to VT, you were guaranteed to come home with topper, now a trip to VT might get you a four pack or two.

i don't know what VT distribution laws are, but it might be possible for The Alchemist to withhold stock from gougers.  The Alchemist has made a point of being a "Vermont brewery for Vermonters", i don't think they'll put up with gouging.

something to keep in mind is that some of these retailers are off the beaten path.  even the big cities sell to locals, and retailers don't want to piss off their main clientele.  we make a big deal about the HT that's leaving the state, but a lot is consumed by locals.  it's nice that lines of immigrants snap up the stuff on weekends at the brewery, but now that the stock is diffused across the state retailers gotta be careful to not kill the goose. 

the trick is going to be finding those out-of-the-way retailers.
<sig>

atomic

« Reply #3753 on: November 05, 2013, 06:29:53 pm »

i don't know what VT distribution laws are, but it might be possible for The Alchemist to withhold stock from gougers.  The Alchemist has made a point of being a "Vermont brewery for Vermonters", i don't think they'll put up with gouging.

something to keep in mind is that some of these retailers are off the beaten path.  even the big cities sell to locals, and retailers don't want to piss off their main clientele.  we make a big deal about the HT that's leaving the state, but a lot is consumed by locals.  it's nice that lines of immigrants snap up the stuff on weekends at the brewery, but now that the stock is diffused across the state retailers gotta be careful to not kill the goose. 

If they are  selling so much they should borrow money to increase production.  Interest rates are at all time lows.  Build a huge plant and start selling the stuff for real.  Although I guess the appeal of it is that is hard to get. If everyone can get it easily they probably won't want it as much.   

James Ford

« Reply #3754 on: November 06, 2013, 08:21:53 am »
Haven't had it on draft yet. But yes, bottles are excellent. Not quite as good as DirtWolf, but I'm definitely excited to have those two produced regionally.

Went to Matchbox for lunch on Monday, and our server announced that Beer X had been replaced by "Victory Dirty Wolf", so I got the have my first DirtWolf on draft, and was extremely pleased.

I take back my criticism of The Truth... was drinking it out of a bottle most of the weekend and it was delicious. Way better than the couple of times I had it on draft.

Yada

« Reply #3755 on: November 06, 2013, 08:45:22 am »

If they are  selling so much they should borrow money to increase production.  Interest rates are at all time lows.  Build a huge plant and start selling the stuff for real.  Although I guess the appeal of it is that is hard to get. If everyone can get it easily they probably won't want it as much.   

Thank you for your contribution to this thread and topic.

stevewizzle

« Reply #3756 on: November 06, 2013, 10:43:11 am »
i just want to remind folks that while heady topper is very good, there are also other excellent, widely available beers out there.

such as leffe blonde, hoegaarden, goose island ipa, etc...

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3757 on: November 06, 2013, 12:29:53 pm »
i just want to remind folks that while heady topper is very good, there are also other excellent, widely available beers out there.

Those don't seem like the same thing.

« Reply #3758 on: November 06, 2013, 01:10:25 pm »
my first DirtWolf on draft, and was extremely pleased.
Had a Dirtwolf at Lost Dog and thought it was excellent too
slack

atomic

« Reply #3759 on: November 06, 2013, 03:19:40 pm »

I don't like goose island IPA's.  I just mentioned those as good In Bev beers. 

I am done with American Beers anyway.  Like American food I just don't see the appeal.

James Ford

« Reply #3760 on: November 06, 2013, 05:06:29 pm »
Founders Backwoods Bastard is out now. Get it while you can.

stevewizzle

« Reply #3761 on: November 06, 2013, 05:49:59 pm »
Founders Backwoods Bastard is out now. Get it while you can.

if anyone snags an extra 4-pack, and would like something from WA, let me know.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3762 on: November 06, 2013, 06:37:00 pm »
steve, i gotcha.  let's tawk.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3763 on: November 06, 2013, 06:38:20 pm »
update on The Alchemist situation:

"The couple plan to re-open the retail outlet as soon as possible and is actively looking for other locations in Waterbury, Kimmich said. "

;D

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/vt-beers-fans-trouble-neighbors-20804191
<sig>

stevewizzle

« Reply #3764 on: November 06, 2013, 07:29:11 pm »
update on The Alchemist situation:

"The couple plan to re-open the retail outlet as soon as possible and is actively looking for other locations in Waterbury, Kimmich said. "

;D

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/vt-beers-fans-trouble-neighbors-20804191

"The busier they've gotten, the more chaotic my life has gotten," she said in an interview on her front porch. Beer lovers can be more boisterous than considerate at times. The driveway at the Kimmichs' business is easy to miss, and Kinsell said there was one half-hour period last summer when 26 people turned around in her driveway.

homeowners are the worst. and the people who put a mic infront of their face and let them be a miserable fuck to the rest of the world are also the worst.