Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241414 times)

James Ford

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #4260 on: February 16, 2014, 03:15:40 pm »
I never use my 64 oz growlers anymore. Only 32 oz growlers from here on out.

And I only get something in a growler if it's either a fantastic buy or a limited draft only release.

Yada

« Reply #4261 on: February 16, 2014, 06:05:35 pm »
I never use my 64 oz growlers anymore. Only 32 oz growlers from here on out.

And I only get something in a growler if it's either a fantastic buy or a limited draft only release.

I average two growlers a year.

James Ford

« Reply #4262 on: February 16, 2014, 06:07:49 pm »
We're splitting a 32 oz growler o Nugget Nectar tonight. Price: $5.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4263 on: February 16, 2014, 06:08:37 pm »
In in the vein of continuing Julian's beer knowledge: what the hell is a growler?
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #4264 on: February 16, 2014, 06:31:09 pm »
We're splitting a 32 oz growler o Nugget Nectar tonight. Price: $5.

I'm a tad concerned regarding your consumption this weekend.

atomic

« Reply #4265 on: February 16, 2014, 06:40:55 pm »
In in the vein of continuing Julian's beer knowledge: what the hell is a growler?

A big jug where you can get draft beer poured into with usually a screw on cap.  Basically a way to get 64 oz of draft beer to take home with you to drink at your convenience.  I don't know why people are complaining about Maryland laws.  Because all the liquor stores around here will sell you growlers full of beer and so do the breweries.

« Reply #4266 on: February 16, 2014, 07:24:15 pm »

A big jug where you can get draft beer poured into with usually a screw on cap.  Basically a way to get 64 oz of draft beer to take home with you to drink at your convenience.  I don't know why people are complaining about Maryland laws.  Because all the liquor stores around here will sell you growlers full of beer and so do the breweries.
so would I bring my own jug thing or do they rent it to me?
LVMH

James Ford

« Reply #4267 on: February 16, 2014, 08:11:11 pm »
You buy the jug and reuse. I imagine you can get one at Whole Foods in Richmond.

« Reply #4268 on: February 16, 2014, 09:08:07 pm »
You buy the jug and reuse. I imagine you can get one at Whole Foods in Richmond.

Dear Lord, I don't wonder to that hippie part of town off on the west end!
LVMH

fatskippy

« Reply #4269 on: February 16, 2014, 09:16:28 pm »
I got a growler yesterday of DC Brau's new DIPA Solar Abyss. It's really good and very well balanced for 10% alcohol. I hope they still have some next weekend.

atomic

« Reply #4270 on: February 17, 2014, 12:39:58 am »

You are like a walking advertisement for Whole Foods.  Perhaps that is why you don't have money for a car.  Store that charges 20+ percent more for the same item as every other grocery store in the area.  Plus the stores are way too small.   I can only imagine how awkward getting growlers filled at a Whole Foods would be.   They do have a decent cheese selection which I would say is their one redeeming quality.

radley17

« Reply #4271 on: February 17, 2014, 09:57:59 pm »
Just moved from DC to Alexandria, where are the best(wide selection,not crazy pricey) stores to buy "good" beer? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

James Ford

« Reply #4272 on: February 17, 2014, 10:44:37 pm »
Total Wine and Whole Foods. I can't think of anything else. Rick's used to be good, but they closed.

Just moved from DC to Alexandria, where are the best(wide selection,not crazy pricey) stores to buy "good" beer? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4273 on: February 19, 2014, 12:24:25 pm »
The internetz says Unwined.  Never been there.  Looks spendy.
http://www.unwinedva.com/beer/

radley17

« Reply #4274 on: February 19, 2014, 11:57:22 pm »
Thanks for the recommendations. I hit up Total Wine and was pretty stoked about the selection and prices, plus I found a Thai restaurant nearby that was pretty good called Rice and Spice. Unwined is pretty close to me so I will have to give it a look at some point.