Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241429 times)

atomic

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #4320 on: March 18, 2014, 02:05:40 pm »
Baltimore, MD, March 17, 2014 ? Union Craft Brewing Company today announced the release of its third addition to its canned beer line. Blackwing Lager, a German-style Schwarzbier, is a light-bodied yet dark and full-flavored lager beer. This third installment in its canned beer lineup joins the already popular Duckpin Pale Ale and award-winning Balt Altbier. Blackwing will be shipping to Maryland & DC area retailers next week. Additionally, the brewing company has acquired three new 60 barrel fermentation tanks, increasing brewing capacity by 65% and has signed a lease on an additional 3,000 sq ft unit adjacent to the current brewery space
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 02:15:44 pm by atomic »

Yada

« Reply #4321 on: March 18, 2014, 02:17:38 pm »
considering breaking form, and having a drink of beer.  local shoppe, in my area offering ten dollar, full growlers of nugget nectar.

stay strong sister.

i am . . . growlers always bothered me because of having to drink them day of purchase.  but nugget nectar on draft is always great.

You don't have to drink them the day of purchase.  If you seal back up tight it should be fine for a couple of weeks.

We've had this argument on here before and you have no clue what you're talking about. It will taste like garbage in 72 hours or so.

Not true at all.  I do have a clue as I have done it multiple times with no problems.  You have no clue as you probably got shitty beer to begin with. 

decent post.

stevewizzle

« Reply #4322 on: March 18, 2014, 02:25:33 pm »
how about a 2 liter of soda that you open, atomic? do those magically stay carbonated and taste great weeks after opening, too?

atomic

« Reply #4323 on: March 18, 2014, 02:32:09 pm »
how about a 2 liter of soda that you open, atomic? do those magically stay carbonated and taste great weeks after opening, too?

No soda does not stay good for 2 weeks after opening.  But I don't drink soda it is bad for you.  I am also guessing if you poor soda straight from the fountain and put it in a growler and opened it in a couple of days it wouldn't be very good.   I drink carbonated water and it is fine a week after opening it if closed pretty quickly.

James Ford

« Reply #4324 on: March 18, 2014, 04:03:56 pm »
Let me know if they ever get around to canning their Double Duckpin beer. I'd pay good money for that beer. The rest of their beers, decent but ultimately "meh".

Baltimore, MD, March 17, 2014 ? Union Craft Brewing Company today announced the release of its third addition to its canned beer line. Blackwing Lager, a German-style Schwarzbier, is a light-bodied yet dark and full-flavored lager beer. This third installment in its canned beer lineup joins the already popular Duckpin Pale Ale and award-winning Balt Altbier. Blackwing will be shipping to Maryland & DC area retailers next week. Additionally, the brewing company has acquired three new 60 barrel fermentation tanks, increasing brewing capacity by 65% and has signed a lease on an additional 3,000 sq ft unit adjacent to the current brewery space

atomic

« Reply #4325 on: March 18, 2014, 04:09:17 pm »
Let me know if they ever get around to canning their Double Duckpin beer. I'd pay good money for that beer. The rest of their beers, decent but ultimately "meh".

I am sure Double Duckpin is awful.  I love their Blackwing Lager so I am happy that it is coming out.  I feel that they are by far the best brewer within MD/VA/DC/DE area.

James Ford

« Reply #4326 on: March 18, 2014, 05:34:58 pm »
I am sure you are just trying to be contrary.

I am sure Double Duckpin is awful.  I love their Blackwing Lager so I am happy that it is coming out.  I feel that they are by far the best brewer within MD/VA/DC/DE area.

atomic

« Reply #4327 on: March 18, 2014, 08:20:17 pm »

Contrary?  Union Craft is a German Style brewer.  So it makes sense that I like them. Don't like Duckpin Ale though. I am guessing they just put that out their to attract the beer novices.

James Ford

« Reply #4328 on: March 18, 2014, 08:52:30 pm »
According to this

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/29377/

they've brewed 22 beers. I count six that are German style. Nine are pale ales or IPA's. The other seven are an assortment of non-German styles. That hardly makes them a "German style brewer".

Contrary?  Union Craft is a German Style brewer.  So it makes sense that I like them. Don't like Duckpin Ale though. I am guessing they just put that out their to attract the beer novices.

atomic

« Reply #4329 on: March 18, 2014, 10:58:42 pm »
According to this

they've brewed 22 beers. I count six that are German style. Nine are pale ales or IPA's. The other seven are an assortment of non-German styles. That hardly makes them a "German style brewer".

Well I am sure Beer Advocate knows everything.  I am guessing you should stop licking Beer Advocates dirty ass and go to the brewery and take a tour and talk to the brewer.  Maybe you would actually learn something.

James Ford

« Reply #4330 on: March 19, 2014, 08:11:52 am »
I have been to the brewery. Twice. Both times, the majority of beers they had on draft for free sampling were non-German. Though they do more German style beers than your typical American craft brewery (6/22=27.2%).

Their original flagship beer, Duckpin Ale, is an American pale ale (their second flagship beer, the altbier, is a German style),

According to this

Well I am sure Beer Advocate knows everything.  I am guessing you should stop licking Beer Advocates dirty ass and go to the brewery and take a tour and talk to the brewer.  Maybe you would actually learn something.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 08:14:04 am by James Ford »

atomic

« Reply #4331 on: March 19, 2014, 09:52:17 am »
I have been to the brewery. Twice. Both times, the majority of beers they had on draft for free sampling were non-German. Though they do more German style beers than your typical American craft brewery (6/22=27.2%).

Their original flagship beer, Duckpin Ale, is an American pale ale (their second flagship beer, the altbier, is a German style),

According to this

Their third is a German style and when I was there there the other beers were German style.  A lot of ingredients are from Germany.  The brewer tells you what German brewing terms mean.  I am sure the Duckpin Ale was created for Beer Novices like yourself to get into the Brewery.

stevewizzle

« Reply #4332 on: March 20, 2014, 12:14:10 am »
what a

their second flagship beer, the altbier, is a German style

bizarre style to make your second flagship beer.

James Ford

« Reply #4333 on: March 20, 2014, 06:52:13 am »
So does any style a brewery regularly cans/bottles count as their "flagship beer"? I mean first they did Duckpin, second they canned altbier, andquite a bit later they start canning the black lager. The first two were commonly called the flagship beers (use the google). So they start canning a third and it becomes a "flagship" as well?

Deschutes bottles a handful of beers year round and they call their porter their flagship beer, if I remember correctly.

How many flagships can a brewery have?

BTW, I prefer the altbier and black lager to the pale ale. Though I don't fin them any more challenging to the palate. It's the DOUBLE duckpin i really like.

James Ford

« Reply #4334 on: March 20, 2014, 09:17:47 am »
Just because I was curious:

Ask the Brewers #2: Flagship Beer?

http://www.beeradvocate.com/articles/447/