Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241423 times)

Yada

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #6645 on: March 31, 2016, 10:47:51 am »
I enjoy this banter.  it makes me want to go have a beer, at ten thirty in the morning.  I just noticed, the clock on here has finally, caught back up.

I feel ya walky... been trying to cut down my week day/night drinks though. I did drink a 16oz heady topper last night.

Space Freely

« Reply #6646 on: April 01, 2016, 10:59:28 am »
uhh... i'm kinda speechless about your wife's daytime offers of intimacy, so i'll focus on:

But damnit, it's KBS on draft.

last time i had KBS on draft was 2 or 3 years ago with brennser and stevewizzle.  we were somewhat underwhelmed.  it was hot, the alcohol heat hid the finer points of the beer.  i'm more excited about the sweet repute and better half.

assuming that KBS bottles will be about $10 each (maybe $30 a four pack if lucky), imma gonna hafta think long and hard about whether or not it's worth the price.

So teleworking and skipping KBS at Churchkey today. Will have to wash away the sorrow of missing it with the growler of Rodenbach Vintage that's in the fridge.

Also, KBS is coming in on the truck today to a store in upstgate New York where my mom lives. I've got her on the case. Or at least onto a four pack...or whatever they'll sell her. Bound to be less competition to score bottles up there than here...

« Reply #6647 on: April 01, 2016, 11:34:15 am »
Also, KBS is coming in on the truck today to a store in upstgate New York where my mom lives. I've got her on the case. Or at least onto a four pack...or whatever they'll sell her. Bound to be less competition to score bottles up there than here...
How pissed is Space going to be when his mom's scores a case of this
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6648 on: April 01, 2016, 02:15:20 pm »
So teleworking and skipping KBS at Churchkey today. Will have to wash away the sorrow of missing it with the growler of Rodenbach Vintage that's in the fridge.

i'm going to miss it too.  i'm making up for it by having a few sours from the cellar (need to funk up some beer, so i need the bugs ;D)
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #6649 on: April 01, 2016, 03:05:34 pm »

And my mom is officially a beer mule. $23.99+tax+deposit for a four pack. Could also ask my brother too, but maybe that would be greedy and he's busy with a job and shit.

Yada

« Reply #6650 on: April 01, 2016, 03:07:07 pm »

And my mom is officially a beer mule. $23.99+tax+deposit for a four pack. Could also ask my brother too, but maybe that would be greedy and he's busy with a job and shit.

Blessings to you and your family for spending such a chunk of $$$ on this endeavor!

Space Freely

« Reply #6651 on: April 01, 2016, 04:08:11 pm »
Grossest beer name of the year

He'Brew Cir Cum Session Ale

Yada

« Reply #6652 on: April 01, 2016, 04:30:06 pm »
Grossest beer name of the year

He'Brew Cir Cum Session Ale

something about Grunion Pale Ale makes me not even want to try it.

Grundle + onion flavored beer?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6653 on: April 01, 2016, 04:38:30 pm »
i'm making up for it by having a few sours from the cellar (need to funk up some beer, so i need the bugs ;D)

on deck:
- Cantillon Kriek (2 years old)
- Paradox no. 34
- Almanac Dogpatch Sour (at least a year old)
- Alvinne Omega
<sig>

walk,on,by

« Reply #6654 on: April 01, 2016, 07:55:03 pm »
Chillwave, is good, sort of on par with other good beers of the sort.  But, enjoy by weed day beer, stands out and destroys.  I want to get as much as possible.

walk,on,by

« Reply #6655 on: April 01, 2016, 08:06:34 pm »
also, I tried a sort of sour beer, as it is called, from boulevard, tell tale tart.  I liked it and now have this sort of passion to get into sour beers, having never really tried sour beer or know much about them.  basically, where should I go to next for an excellent sour in bottle from a beer store, that sells good beer and rips you off on the price, just like any small business owner, will.  thank you.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6656 on: April 01, 2016, 08:58:41 pm »
also, I tried a sort of sour beer, as it is called, from boulevard, tell tale tart.  I liked it and now have this sort of passion to get into sour beers, having never really tried sour beer or know much about them.  basically, where should I go to next for an excellent sour in bottle from a beer store, that sells good beer and rips you off on the price, just like any small business owner, will.  thank you.

the problem with us making recommendations is that we have no idea what you have access to.  you could talk to the folks at the beer store.  maybe someone there can recommend something that they have in stock.

tell tale tart is on the low side of sourness.  just giving you a heads-up before you end up with something really, really sour (unless you think you're going to like the intensity).  just like with hops, i find that most folks work their way up (down?)  the ladder.  i would enquire about "gose" and "berliner wiesse", two nice and tart styles.  Ommegang's Rosetta is another nice one.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 09:28:17 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

walk,on,by

« Reply #6657 on: April 01, 2016, 09:08:27 pm »
aren't you all helpful.  thank you.  I bet all the beer ladies, throw themselves, at you.

« Reply #6658 on: April 01, 2016, 09:51:58 pm »
I bet all the beer ladies
all the beer ladies...that term doesn't exist
(I know that's sexist, but I saw more women at punk shows in the 80s than you do at a beer event/brewery)
slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #6659 on: April 01, 2016, 10:00:16 pm »
Wifes, of beer nerds.  There.  They all want to hop your homebrew bone.