Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241379 times)

Bagley

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #6900 on: May 10, 2016, 03:59:33 pm »
I wonder what type of brew Trump drinks?

hutch

« Reply #6901 on: May 10, 2016, 04:06:50 pm »
I wonder what type of brew Trump drinks?

um, Trump Beer....

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6902 on: May 10, 2016, 04:14:36 pm »
for anyone looking to get their hop on this saturday:

D.C. Hopfest 2016
May 14 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
$50

http://www.hellbenderbeer.com/event/d-c-hopfest-2016
tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dc-hopfest-2016-tickets-24820976208

HOPFEST is back ? the only D.C. beer festival by local brewers and for local brewers! This year 17 local DC, MD & VA breweries will pour over 20 of the hoppiest, local craft beers to raise money for the D.C. Brewers Guild! Brews on tap will include old favorites, rare hard-to-finds and one-offs brewed just for HOPFEST. Guests will receive a complimentary tasting glass and unlimited pours. Plus, the Arepa Zone food truck will be on site to serve their award winning arepas.

Participating Breweries:

Hellbender, Atlas, DC Brau, 3 Stars, Right Proper, District Chophouse, Blue Jacket, Adroit Theory, Caboose, Capital City, Port City, Flying Dog, Denizens, Gordon Biersch, Handsome, Calvert Brewing & Lost Rhino.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #6903 on: May 10, 2016, 04:29:54 pm »
for anyone looking to get their hop on this saturday:

D.C. Hopfest 2016
May 14 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
$50

http://www.hellbenderbeer.com/event/d-c-hopfest-2016
tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/dc-hopfest-2016-tickets-24820976208

HOPFEST is back ? the only D.C. beer festival by local brewers and for local brewers! This year 17 local DC, MD & VA breweries will pour over 20 of the hoppiest, local craft beers to raise money for the D.C. Brewers Guild! Brews on tap will include old favorites, rare hard-to-finds and one-offs brewed just for HOPFEST. Guests will receive a complimentary tasting glass and unlimited pours. Plus, the Arepa Zone food truck will be on site to serve their award winning arepas.

Participating Breweries:

Hellbender, Atlas, DC Brau, 3 Stars, Right Proper, District Chophouse, Blue Jacket, Adroit Theory, Caboose, Capital City, Port City, Flying Dog, Denizens, Gordon Biersch, Handsome, Calvert Brewing & Lost Rhino.

Interesting the best hoppy brewers in the DC area aren't included.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6904 on: May 10, 2016, 04:43:32 pm »
indeed.  maybe the new guys don't feel like giving away beer - why would they, they're selling everything they make.
<sig>

bob72

« Reply #6905 on: May 11, 2016, 09:07:03 am »
FYI... stay away from Guiness' Nitro IPA. Quite possibly the worst IPA on the market
PENIS

Yada

« Reply #6906 on: May 11, 2016, 09:24:13 am »
FYI... stay away from Guiness' Nitro IPA. Quite possibly the worst IPA on the market

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6907 on: May 11, 2016, 12:34:57 pm »
another beer fest for ya: America On Tap / DC on Tap

SATURDAY MAY 21, 2016
5PM ? 8PM
DC Convention Center

http://americaontap.com/washington-dc/
<sig>

« Reply #6908 on: May 11, 2016, 12:46:25 pm »
meant to ask if anyone has tried the Sam Adam's Nitro offerings that are out?
slack

« Reply #6909 on: May 11, 2016, 12:49:14 pm »
indeed.  maybe the new guys don't feel like giving away beer - why would they, they're selling everything they make.
I totally agree, but other than this board....are people really talking about them
they get like zero press

They have been leaking some photos of them at Pizza Paridiso and Meridian Pint
methinks they will be on tap in DC soon?

aslinbeerco (Instagram profile)   
Thanks to @MeridianPint and Jace for hosting @aslin_andrew and @aslinkai afternoon. #BigThingsComing
slack

« Reply #6910 on: May 11, 2016, 12:50:54 pm »
I know this is a lot to ask...but I wish they'd say not only what Brewery was coming...but what they planned to bring
makes a big difference
slack

Yada

« Reply #6911 on: May 11, 2016, 01:29:27 pm »
I totally agree, but other than this board....are people really talking about them
they get like zero press

Thanks to @MeridianPint and Jace for hosting @aslin_andrew and @aslinkai afternoon. #BigThingsComing

any self proclaimed local beer dork knows about these guys... They're startin' to get some interest outside of the area too.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6912 on: May 11, 2016, 02:03:15 pm »
they get like zero press

BeerAdvocate average rating for Aslin: 4.28.  Ocelot: 4.09.  people are noticing.  and they sell outta beer - clearly someone is paying attention to them...

yes please!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 02:23:06 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #6913 on: May 11, 2016, 02:08:18 pm »
they get like zero press

To echo Yada and Sweetcell:

http://www.beeradvocate.com/community/threads/metro-dc-brewery-discussion-thread.391379/

Space Freely

« Reply #6914 on: May 11, 2016, 02:11:53 pm »
We shared six half pours at Right Proper before the show Monday night. Five of the tart variety and one hoppy. All of them pretty damn good. Probably the best collection of beers I've had from them in any one visit.