Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241408 times)

fatskippy

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #7065 on: June 29, 2016, 03:52:38 pm »
Space Reaper is significantly better on draft

Space Freely

« Reply #7066 on: June 29, 2016, 03:55:08 pm »
Did sidenozzle stop drinking or something?

Trillium cans starting today! Not sure how this will impact things as Trillium is one of the best more easily accessible beers to acquire. 

I'm thinking the price per ounce would go way down? Great beer, but damn their bombers are expensive.

Probably told this story already, but I once took a handful of coworkers to their tasting room back when the South Boston location did free samples...and one of my coworkers disliked their hoppy beers so much that every now and then he uses that experience to remind me what terrible taste I have in beer....

Space Freely

« Reply #7067 on: June 29, 2016, 03:56:01 pm »
Space Reaper is significantly better on draft

It is very good but not great on draft this year, imo. Think I will skip the cans.

Yada

« Reply #7068 on: June 29, 2016, 03:57:16 pm »

Trillium cans starting today! Not sure how this will impact things as Trillium is one of the best more easily accessible beers to acquire. 

I'm thinking the price per ounce would go way down? Great beer, but damn their bombers are expensive.

Probably told this story already, but I once took a handful of coworkers to their tasting room back when the South Boston location did free samples...and one of my coworkers disliked their hoppy beers so much that every now and then he uses that experience to remind me what terrible taste I have in beer....

I'm too lazy to break down the costs (and I'm sure you already have this data), but $9 to $13 for 25oz of a top tier (some could argue the best IPA) isn't bad IMO.

But yes, price will go down, however, i hope this doesn't mean demand goes up and we have ourselves another treehouse, heady, aslin epidemic.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 03:59:57 pm by Yada »

hutch

« Reply #7069 on: June 29, 2016, 04:02:47 pm »
How about some price per ounce comparison charts? Anyone?

Space Freely

« Reply #7070 on: June 29, 2016, 04:03:02 pm »

I'm too lazy to break down the costs (and I'm sure you already have this data), but $9 to $13 for 25oz of a top tier (some could argue the best IPA) isn't bad IMO.

I would pay that price once in a while, but not all the time. If I lived around the corner from a bottle shop that had it at that price and it was superfresh, maybe once a month.

Yada

« Reply #7071 on: June 29, 2016, 04:03:35 pm »

The beer you drink is measured in how many spider dumps you take the next day after drinking them.

Yada

« Reply #7072 on: June 29, 2016, 04:04:08 pm »

I would pay that price once in a while, but not all the time. If I lived around the corner from a bottle shop that had it at that price and it was superfresh, maybe once a month.

Seems like you've been blowing plenty of savable dollars at Aslin lately!

hutch

« Reply #7073 on: June 29, 2016, 04:17:59 pm »

The beer you drink is measured in how many spider dumps you take the next day after drinking them.

well could we see some charts??

Yada

« Reply #7074 on: June 29, 2016, 04:19:25 pm »

can you confirm that sidenozzle is on the wagon?

hutch

« Reply #7075 on: June 29, 2016, 04:22:13 pm »

can you confirm that sidenozzle is on the wagon?

oh he's just somewhat busy with life.. he'll be back... he went to the Cure last week and even bought me two beers!!!! which was fair cause he drank my entire six pack on the way up!

Space Freely

« Reply #7076 on: June 29, 2016, 06:23:18 pm »

Seems like you've been blowing plenty of savable dollars at Aslin lately!

Think I got four 32 oz growler/crowlers in the past three months or so at Aslin, so yes definitely been splurging!

« Reply #7077 on: June 29, 2016, 07:08:57 pm »
decided to take all the spare change out of the couch and buy a new home
so be drinking a lot of yuengling in 2016/17/18/19/20......
slack

« Reply #7078 on: June 29, 2016, 07:11:22 pm »

oh he's just somewhat busy with life.. he'll be back... he went to the Cure last week and even bought me two beers!!!! which was fair cause he drank my entire six pack on the way up!
Drank 4 of the 5 beers...it was a two hour drive and I did think it was a 6 pack
(thinking I left you two)
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #7079 on: June 29, 2016, 07:18:17 pm »

But yes, price will go down, however, i hope this doesn't mean demand goes up and we have ourselves another treehouse, heady, aslin epidemic.

$15/4 pack on the pale ale, 16 oz cans
$17/4 pack on the IPA, 16 oz cans

Definitely better than $9-$13 for on2 25 oz bottle.

I love that can size, means i get eight ounces instead of six, which is the perfect pour size, imo.