Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241430 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #7875 on: January 31, 2017, 01:08:34 pm »
What are you drinking for the Super Bowl?

Bud and Bud Lite.

Space Freely

« Reply #7876 on: January 31, 2017, 01:52:20 pm »
What are you drinking for the Super Bowl?

I'll be cheering for the team whose QB is not good friends with Trump.

shemptiness

« Reply #7877 on: January 31, 2017, 05:56:49 pm »
I find Nectar to be better fresh on draft... don't like it at all out of a can.

This is true.  The pitcher(s) we had at the Smithereens show were much better than the canned version.

Bagley

« Reply #7878 on: February 03, 2017, 02:32:13 pm »
This looks interesting-
Downtown Crown Wine and Beer!
Ghettosburg, Md-
Tonight, starting at 5pm, Lagunitas Brewing Co take over our taps with 8 drafts including some really special rarities! High West-ified Imperial Barrel-Aged Coffee Stout, Willett Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout, Dark Swan, a Dark Dry-Hopped Sour Ale w/ Grapes, 2015 Vintage Cappuccino Stout, Citrusinensis Blood Orange Pale Ale and more! Pours and crowler fills available on most.

Space Freely

« Reply #7879 on: February 03, 2017, 02:44:28 pm »
This looks interesting-
Downtown Crown Wine and Beer!
Ghettosburg, Md-
Tonight, starting at 5pm, Lagunitas Brewing Co take over our taps with 8 drafts including some really special rarities! High West-ified Imperial Barrel-Aged Coffee Stout, Willett Barrel-Aged Imperial Stout, Dark Swan, a Dark Dry-Hopped Sour Ale w/ Grapes, 2015 Vintage Cappuccino Stout, Citrusinensis Blood Orange Pale Ale and more! Pours and crowler fills available on most.

High Westified is drink-worthy, and I'd love to try to Willett. The other tthree listed I've had and wouldn't bother getting again.

« Reply #7880 on: February 03, 2017, 09:06:45 pm »
scored a delicious  4 pack of Nu-Tropic by Stillwater Artisanal Ales

Oh hutch...they have a beer for you: Why Can't IBU
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #7881 on: February 04, 2017, 06:26:42 pm »
Hopslam at RFD. Meh.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #7882 on: February 04, 2017, 06:54:26 pm »
Then I had another.

gavroche

« Reply #7883 on: February 06, 2017, 01:31:06 pm »
I stumbled upon a  750 of Rodenbach Caractère Rouge and had to have it, even though it was entirely too much money on it.  Made the second Alexander I bought seem like a steal.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7884 on: February 06, 2017, 02:00:50 pm »
those typically run for about $30, whole foods foggy bottom had some for what seemed like forever (actually they might still have some, haven't checked recently).  hopefully you didn't pay more than that...
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #7885 on: February 06, 2017, 02:05:38 pm »
those typically run for about $30, whole foods foggy bottom had some for what seemed like forever (actually they might still have some, haven't checked recently).  hopefully you didn't pay more than that...

I saw it listed for 16 euros at a beer store in Italy I'll be at later this year. Might have to bring a couple of those babies home!

Though truth be told, I think I like the Vintage and Grand Cru better (Rouge might be too sweet (?)). Haven't cracked an Alexander yet.

gavroche

« Reply #7886 on: February 06, 2017, 02:22:08 pm »

I saw it listed for 16 euros at a beer store in Italy I'll be at later this year. Might have to bring a couple of those babies home!

Though truth be told, I think I like the Vintage and Grand Cru better (Rouge might be too sweet (?)). Haven't cracked an Alexander yet.

I never saw them at the P Street Whole Foods.  I picked mine up when I was in CA.  $28.00 before tax, which definitely feels steep. 

Space Freely

« Reply #7887 on: February 06, 2017, 04:22:20 pm »

I never saw them at the P Street Whole Foods.  I picked mine up when I was in CA.  $28.00 before tax, which definitely feels steep. 

If you're still talking about Caractere Rouge, there's some at a couple of the TW's in VA for $30. There's also some at my local Whole Foods for about the same.

I managed to get a couple of 32 oz growler fills of it for about $17 each a while ago.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #7888 on: February 07, 2017, 03:21:58 pm »

Space Freely

« Reply #7889 on: February 07, 2017, 03:37:44 pm »
Make your picks now!

IPA Bracket
Imperial IPA Bracket

I snickered when I saw Port City's IPA (49th percentile overall and 30th percentile for style in ratebeer) listed first. Then I snickered some more when I saw Rebel IPA included. Who made this thing up, Hutch?  :D