Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241438 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #10110 on: January 12, 2021, 04:19:44 pm »
Looks great for his age!

I had to look up who that guy was, but found it a tad ironic that it's a picture of a guy with water in his name in a beer thread. Oh well, water is the primary ingredient so maybe it fits.

« Reply #10111 on: January 13, 2021, 11:14:39 am »
“Atlas rolls out Amtrak Joe Pilsner and Madam Veep’s IPA ahead of Inauguration” https://popville.com/2021/01/atlas-brew-works-amtrak-joe-pilsner-madam-veeps-ipa-beer/

Womp, womp...already sold out :(
Batch two up for sale today...https://occasionales.com/
won't be available until Feb though
they are also selling art prints of the label

Yes Yada, this beer probably sucks moose testicals, but this time it's definitely about the packaging
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #10112 on: January 14, 2021, 11:00:57 am »

Picked this up last night...

Space Freely

« Reply #10114 on: January 15, 2021, 09:12:40 am »
Sapwood doesn't send cans down here.

Another local coconut... I may grab this tomorrow, will report back.

https://www.silverbranchbrewing.com/product/endless-joy/

Two packs of Flaked and three other Sapwood canned beers currently available at DTC.

While some are on a sobriety run, I'm engaged in Project Phase 1c. I split a Flaked with my wife last night. I can report it was the best damn coconut stout I've ever had. Color me impressed, Sapwood.

Yada

« Reply #10115 on: January 15, 2021, 09:24:33 am »
Sapwood doesn't send cans down here.

Another local coconut... I may grab this tomorrow, will report back.

https://www.silverbranchbrewing.com/product/endless-joy/

Two packs of Flaked and three other Sapwood canned beers currently available at DTC.

While some are on a sobriety run, I'm engaged in Project Phase 1c. I split a Flaked with my wife last night. I can report it was the best damn coconut stout I've ever had. Color me impressed, Sapwood.

But you could've purchased a 12 pack of sierra hazy little thing for the same price!!!!

#$ideSchwillLogic

« Reply #10116 on: January 15, 2021, 09:46:41 am »
At $7 a can, I think I would have taken the plunge

Was at a random corner bodega in Cap Hill and they were selling 4 packs of Aslin Power Moves IPA for $11
They were very tasty and kinda shocked that it would be stocked in a place like this
slack

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #10117 on: January 15, 2021, 09:49:48 am »
Can confirm that Flaked is pretty awesome.

Aslin for $11 per 4-pack??

Yada

« Reply #10118 on: January 15, 2021, 10:26:20 am »
Can anyone recall if Aslin ever dated their cans?

I noticed pre holidays that a random store in my hood had their cans sitting warm on a shelf and they had no dates on them... I'm assuming this is a distro move by Aslin.

Space Freely

« Reply #10119 on: January 15, 2021, 10:30:14 am »

I noticed pre holidays that a random store in my hood had their cans sitting warm on a shelf and they had no dates on them... I'm assuming this is a distro move by Aslin.

Pretty sure they never have.

Space Freely

« Reply #10120 on: January 15, 2021, 10:33:26 am »
Can confirm that Flaked is pretty awesome.

Aslin for $11 per 4-pack??

Which beer? edit: ah i see, above. They have a lager for $9/four pack.

I think I bought the That Shitz Slapz doppelbock $11/four. I thought it was very good. Not sure if I'm spelling it right. Stupid name, but very good beer.

Yada

« Reply #10121 on: January 15, 2021, 10:52:05 am »

Pretty sure they never have.

Gotcha... I guess it didn't matter when it was picking up at Herndon (the last time I bought Aslin beer), because you knew everything was typically brewed and canned in the last few weeks. These random stores in MoCo that have Aslin definitely have beern that is upwards of 6 months old.

« Reply #10122 on: January 15, 2021, 10:55:40 am »
These random stores in MoCo that have Aslin definitely have beern that is upwards of 6 months old.
how are you determining that?
I know you want the freshest IPAs, but wouldn't the stouts and sours be fine if they were sitting for months?
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #10123 on: January 15, 2021, 11:10:57 am »
These random stores in MoCo that have Aslin definitely have beern that is upwards of 6 months old.
I know you want the freshest IPAs, but wouldn't the stouts and sours be fine if they were sitting for months?

IMO, the stouts, definitely or close. Probably same with the lagers. The (fruited) sours, maybe.

Yada

« Reply #10124 on: January 15, 2021, 01:22:55 pm »

IMO, the stouts, definitely or close. Probably same with the lagers. The (fruited) sours, maybe.

Any of the beers these guys make these days loaded with lactose and whatever other fruit goop you don't want sitting warm on a shelf.