Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241380 times)

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #10920 on: February 10, 2022, 12:29:56 pm »
The other alternative was hiking out toward Walkie, and stopping at Pen Druid
Actually was out in Sperryville on Saturday and stopped by PD for some drinks
new location is nice, but no indoor or real bathrooms (yet I hope)
Nice view of the mountains (old rag I think?)
They also only had one sour on tap. Spontaneous Vidal it was good, but nothing to write home about
lady said that it's going to be a few more months before their traditional line up is ready as they age for a while in combination with the move to the new place

The rest were more traditional styles of beer.  I think I had an amber that was tasty but can't recall now
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #10921 on: February 10, 2022, 12:34:44 pm »
The other alternative was hiking out toward Walkie, and stopping at Pen Druid
Actually was out in Sperryville on Saturday and stopped by PD for some drinks
new location is nice, but no indoor or real bathrooms (yet I hope)
Nice view of the mountains (old rag I think?)
They also only had one sour on tap. Spontaneous Vidal it was good, but nothing to write home about
lady said that it's going to be a few more months before their traditional line up is ready as they age for a while in combination with the move to the new place

The rest were more traditional styles of beer.  I think I had an amber that was tasty but can't recall now

Thanks for this post. That's a big help. I agree about the Spontaneous Vidal. Just ok, imo. Their traditiional beers are fine, but I may shuffle the Spring hiking schedule so that VA hikes wait until they have more sours ready. They're the reason to go to PD.

Looks like I could also hit Landmade in combo with a hike at Sugarloaf, but my gang hates that hike.

GAY,GUY

« Reply #10922 on: February 10, 2022, 01:19:46 pm »
I do, have a nice . . . hiking stick.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #10923 on: February 10, 2022, 01:42:44 pm »
Saturday was planning on taking the whole gang to Rachel Carson, and next door to Elder Pine. Unfortunately, Landmade would add too much extra drive time (and not sure of Landmade's dog or teen kid policies....maybe they themselves aren't sure at this point.)

Wait. You have a dog?!? Talk about burying the lede!

Space Freely

« Reply #10924 on: February 10, 2022, 01:56:47 pm »
Saturday was planning on taking the whole gang to Rachel Carson, and next door to Elder Pine. Unfortunately, Landmade would add too much extra drive time (and not sure of Landmade's dog or teen kid policies....maybe they themselves aren't sure at this point.)

I've talked about him on here before. Most recently with Yada, whose dog is ailing. :( Our's just turned 13.5 on Monday. At his age, halfs count. He's a medium labradoodle. I won't be taking him on any uphill hikes (never did, really), but he's still up for a few miles on flat ground. He also likes to hang out at breweries too. Moreso than my teen.

« Reply #10925 on: February 10, 2022, 01:58:30 pm »

that's a known quantity as far as I can remember
slack

Bagley

« Reply #10926 on: February 10, 2022, 02:02:48 pm »

Looks like I could also hit Landmade in combo with a hike at Sugarloaf, but my gang hates that hike.

Love the blue trail hike from the west parking lot at Sugarloaf.  Although, recently they shut down the road to the east and west lots because of icy conditions-should be open now...

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #10927 on: February 10, 2022, 02:29:14 pm »

Well when you have a memory like mine, everything is a discovery!

Space Freely

« Reply #10928 on: February 10, 2022, 02:36:21 pm »

Love the blue trail hike from the west parking lot at Sugarloaf.  Although, recently they shut down the road to the east and west lots because of icy conditions-should be open now...

I don't think my family will ever forgive me for getting them lost on that trail and hiking several extra boring, unnecessary miles years ago. So getting them to go back there, when we have several other family favorite hikes...probably not happening, lol.

Would I appear to be too much of an alcoholic if I stopped at Landmade *before* my hike (they open at 11!) and hit Wheatland and Juicy on the way home? Small pours of lower abv beers, of course. It's possible I could be Landmade's first customer, how exciting!

« Reply #10929 on: February 10, 2022, 02:38:34 pm »
Would I appear to be too much of an alcoholic if ...
asks in a thread about beer and drinking....
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #10930 on: February 10, 2022, 02:42:17 pm »

Well when you have a memory like mine, everything is a discovery!

Once you've met him, he's kind of hard to forget.

https://ibb.co/HtkWTQT

Yada

« Reply #10931 on: February 10, 2022, 03:01:07 pm »
Still trying to help space post the actual pic vs. a link...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10932 on: February 10, 2022, 03:24:42 pm »
FYI i have met him, his name is Theo, and he is in fact a very, very good boy.

Our's just turned 13.5 on Monday. At his age, halfs count. He's a medium labradoodle. I won't be taking him on any uphill hikes (never did, really), but he's still up for a few miles on flat ground.

i took my now 10-year-old puppers on my annual trek up the big mountain, and it was likely her last time.  she barely made it up, and i doubt she'll be able to make the climb again next year... so i'll be going it solo.  not sure which is worse, me getting old or watching my ball of furry trouble get old.

do we need a doggo thread??
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #10933 on: February 10, 2022, 03:29:00 pm »
FYI i have met him, his name is Theo, and he is in fact a very, very good boy.

Our's just turned 13.5 on Monday. At his age, halfs count. He's a medium labradoodle. I won't be taking him on any uphill hikes (never did, really), but he's still up for a few miles on flat ground.

i took my now 10-year-old puppers on my annual trek up the big mountain, and it was likely her last time.  she barely made it up, and i doubt she'll be able to make the climb again next year... so i'll be going it solo.  not sure which is worse, me getting old or watching my ball of furry trouble get old.

do we need a doggo thread??

Not sure I could handle a doggo thread at this point... I've never been more sad/depressed/and bitter in my life regarding the status of my pup. Gawt damn. Nearly put him down over the weekend, but he bounced back... FUck.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10934 on: February 10, 2022, 03:53:18 pm »
big furry hugs to you, yadders.  like i said, dunno which is worse...
<sig>