Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 935814 times)

hutch

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #1335 on: April 27, 2016, 01:14:12 pm »
both races are over.

vansmack

« Reply #1336 on: April 27, 2016, 01:19:24 pm »
has there ever been a presidential nomination race where California was this important?

Important is an interesting word, but the last time CA's primary mattered for the Republican's was 1976 when Reagan beat Ford, but still lost the nomination.  Some argued that it both cost the R's the 1976 general election and setup Reagan for the win in 1980.

For the Dem's it was 1972 when McGovern clinched over Humphrey.  Back then the CA primary was winner take all and CA was a huge deal.  Now both parties split the delegates based on votes and CA no longer sways the parties one way or another.

I would argue, however, that the most important Primary in CA history was RFK in 1968.  After winning and perhaps securing the nomination, he was assassinated leaving the hotel post victory speech.

for the Dems, it's over.  even if Bernie gets 70% of the remaining votes, he doesn't close the gap.

Please tell me that you did not just figure this out because of this interactive map...
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1337 on: April 27, 2016, 01:29:03 pm »
Donald Trump has only one path to the GOP nomination. And he has himself to blame for it.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/04/18/donald-trump-has-only-one-path-to-the-gop-nomination-and-he-has-himself-to-blame-for-it/

Please tell me that you did not just figure this out because of this interactive map...

the interactive put a number on what was known but not quantified. 
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #1338 on: April 27, 2016, 01:35:11 pm »
Donald Trump has only one path to the GOP nomination. And he has himself to blame for it.

That's a political journalist's take, not a political scientist's take.

both races are over.

Not yet.  While last night aided Trump a lot, he's not yet in the comfortable spot Hillary is in.  This can still be undone by Indiana and California.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #1339 on: April 27, 2016, 01:42:09 pm »
I've been saying Hillary would win this nomination since she conceded in 2008 so I think I got you beat... but they don't pay me the big bucks...so you got that small consolation..

Bitch Hutch, you joined this board in April of 2008, long after I was on record of calling that election over.  If you think I knew who you were or gave any credence to your opinion, you'd be wrong.  And don't limit that statement to elections.

With all due respect Vansmack you already established you don't care about anything I have to say so please just ignore me.. thanks much.

vansmack

« Reply #1340 on: April 27, 2016, 02:11:59 pm »
Cruz to name Fiorina as running mate.  Clearly a move to gain more traction in CA.
27>34

« Reply #1341 on: April 27, 2016, 02:18:24 pm »
children...play nice!

can someone post a synopsis of the Trump Int'l Policy speech he gave
my brah-in-law is raving about it

Hope you're doing well ....Trump just won the election with his foreign policy speech today ...it's over  Oh man it was like a used car salesman on a double dose of steroids
I don't think even for a moment that he's appeared presidential until today ...he crushed it
slack

vansmack

« Reply #1342 on: April 27, 2016, 02:27:33 pm »
children...play nice!

can someone post a synopsis of the Trump Int'l Policy speech he gave
my brah-in-law is raving about it

Hope you're doing well ....Trump just won the election with his foreign policy speech today ...it's over  Oh man it was like a used car salesman on a double dose of steroids
I don't think even for a moment that he's appeared presidential until today ...he crushed it

"America First," he followed and, surprisingly, stayed on script.

35 minute mark here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW8RqLN3Qao
27>34

hutch

« Reply #1343 on: April 27, 2016, 02:44:49 pm »
my take: this election has been over for months... many want to convince us otherwise but I do not believe them...

the whole Sanders movement is a study in delusion.. Cruz has very limited appeal....regardless of whether the Republican elites want Trump or not they got him.

I do go back and forth on how strong a general election candidate Trump would be...... some days I think he will crush Hillary and others I think the other way around.. I can't quite make up my mind...this is disturbing to me.

walk,on,by

« Reply #1344 on: April 27, 2016, 10:23:05 pm »
I, like turtles.

« Reply #1345 on: April 27, 2016, 11:14:32 pm »
my take: this election has been over for months...
I will say that in my heart of hearts I knew that to be true months ago...on both sides no less
but things got very interesting for a moment and the hail mary was there...but how many times do hail mary's succeed

(funny me with the sport's reference)
slack

« Reply #1346 on: April 28, 2016, 09:58:49 am »
"I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life."  Boehner on Cruz
slack

killsaly

killsaly

walk,on,by

« Reply #1349 on: May 03, 2016, 12:32:34 pm »
Trump's connection wirh The National Enquirer . . . priceless.