Author Topic: Maybe we should just elect Trump president  (Read 933879 times)

hutch

Re: Maybe we should just elect Trump president
« Reply #2865 on: February 09, 2017, 08:24:08 pm »
People are so stupid!! The travel ban will go to the Supreme Court and be struck down but when there is a terrorist attack people will say I was right trying to protect us!

« Reply #2866 on: February 09, 2017, 10:16:43 pm »
slack

walkie,talkie

« Reply #2867 on: February 09, 2017, 10:24:12 pm »
wow

hutch

« Reply #2868 on: February 09, 2017, 11:05:45 pm »
People are too busy with "memes"!!! Kellyann and Steve helped pull off biggest political upset in world history!!! Nobody thought I could win!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2869 on: February 10, 2017, 12:13:53 am »
People are too busy with "memes"!!! Putin and Comey helped pull off biggest political upset in world history!!! Nobody thought I could win!

FTFY, if you're going to attribute it to individuals...
<sig>

dyecraig

« Reply #2870 on: February 10, 2017, 07:06:00 pm »
^^^^ uncanny.

« Reply #2871 on: February 11, 2017, 07:22:11 am »
read an interesting commentary (in paste magazine of all places) that there is NO point in every trying to convince a trump voter of the hypocrisy of the thing Trump and his gang does.  It is an argument that can not be won

Yes, yes, it?s hypocrisy. Of course it?s hypocrisy. No shit it?s hypocrisy. But to scold conservatives in righteous disbelief and wait for them to own up to their contradictions is to fundamentally misunderstand the nature of politics in America today. It was always bullshit, and it was obvious bullshit. If we?re still talking about it like we expect them to experience an epiphany, we are wayyyy behind the curve. An enormous part of our country makes its political decisions based on emotion and hatred and prejudice, not cold hard reason, and that won?t change no matter how many times you bludgeon them over the head with their monumental inconsistencies.

This is the old adage made manifest?lower yourself to fight on their level, and they?ll beat you with experience.
slack

« Reply #2872 on: February 11, 2017, 07:55:25 am »
who makes up these questions for polling...

-And finally only 18% of voters think it's acceptable to punch a Nazi in the face, to 51% who say it's unacceptable and 31% who are unsure on the moral quandary of our times. Clinton and Trump voters are actually in alignment on this with only 18% of each saying it's ok to punch a Nazi. 78% of Jill Stein voters though say that they are pro punching a Nazi, this may be where Hillary fell short.
slack

« Reply #2873 on: February 11, 2017, 08:30:05 am »
Bernice King (Daughter of MLK & Coretta Scott King) posted this and it's been going around
I think it's great

1. Don't use his name; EVER (45 will do)
2. Remember this is a regime and he's not acting alone;
3. Do not argue with those who support him--it doesn't work;
4. Focus on his policies, not his orange-ness and mental state;
5. Keep your message positive; they want the country to be angry and fearful because this is the soil from which their darkest policies will grow;
6. No more helpless/hopeless talk;
7. Support artists and the arts;
8. Be careful not to spread fake news. Check it;
9. Take care of yourselves; and
10. Resist!
Keep demonstrations peaceful. In the words of John Lennon, "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system?s game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight! Because once they?ve got you violent, then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don?t know how to handle is non-violence and humor."
When you post or talk about him, don't assign his actions to him, assign them to "The Republican Administration," or "The Republicans." This will have several effects: the Republican legislators will either have to take responsibility for their association with him or stand up for what some of them don't like; he will not get the focus of attention he craves; Republican representatives will become very concerned about their re-elections.
slack

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2874 on: February 13, 2017, 12:09:17 pm »
I like assigning his actions to Republicans.

Man I bet that'll get their goat.
‼‼?‼‼

walkie,talkie

« Reply #2875 on: February 13, 2017, 12:16:14 pm »
when I wake up, the first thing I do is grab for a device, and read the news.  it is sad, I guess, but it is a nice way to wake up I feel.  and every time, as the device is allowing me to press it until I arrive at the first news site of my choice, and I do also love that moment when you randomly decide which site to start with, I always think the same thing . . . I wonder what Donald Trump and his gang has done today.

Relaxer

« Reply #2876 on: February 13, 2017, 01:06:06 pm »
I like assigning his actions to Republicans.

Man I bet that'll get their goat.

Agreed. The Paul Ryans and Mitch McConnells need to own the leader of their party.
oword

Space Freely

« Reply #2877 on: February 13, 2017, 01:09:16 pm »
The slightly amended version of the King post:

Amended Post (especially related to #1 below):

Some Wise Advice Circulating:

1. Use his name sparingly so as not to detract from the issues. I believe that everyone, regardless of their beliefs, deserves the dignity of being called by their name. However, this is a strategic tactic. While we are so focused on him we are prone to neglect the questionable policies that threaten freedom, justice and fairness advanced by the administration.

2. Remember this is a regime and he's not acting alone;

3. Do not argue with those who support him and his policies--it doesn't work;

4. Focus on his policies, not his appearance and mental state;

5. Keep your message positive; those who oppose peace and justice want the country to be angry and fearful because this is the soil from which their darkest policies will grow;

6. No more helpless/hopeless talk;

7. Support artists and the arts;

8. Be careful not to spread fake news. Check it;

9. Take care of yourselves; and

10. Resist!

Keep demonstrations peaceful. In the words of John Lennon, "When it gets down to having to use violence, then you are playing the system?s game. The establishment will irritate you - pull your beard, flick your face - to make you fight! Because once they?ve got you violent, then they know how to handle you. The only thing they don?t know how to handle is non-violence and humor."

When you post or talk about him, don't assign his actions to him, assign them to "The Republican Administration," or "The Republicans." This will have several effects: the Republican legislators will either have to take responsibility for their association with him or stand up for what some of them don't like; he will not get the focus of attention he craves; Republican representatives will become very concerned about their re-elections.

« Reply #2878 on: February 14, 2017, 07:12:10 am »
Mr Flynn...we hardly knew ya.  Honorable to fall on your sword at least
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2879 on: February 14, 2017, 11:28:38 am »
Mr Flynn...we hardly knew ya.  Honorable to fall on your sword at least

he didn't honorably fall on his sword.  he was dismissed, and they let him resign because it looks better for the administration than being fired.

he wasn't dismissed because he did something illegal (the reason he should have been fired, and would have been in any other presidency).  no, he was given the boot because he was disloyal.  the message is clear: "you can do illegal shit, and you can lie about it to the public (in fact you probably should!) - you just can't lie to us."
<sig>