Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241428 times)

Yada

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #3135 on: July 26, 2013, 09:49:11 am »
This draft list from the Reservoir in Waterbury, VT is not too shabby either. No Heady, but they have it in cans.

Updated 7/23/2013
38 DRAFT BEERS
Featuring 22 From Vermont

Allagash Confluence - 2012
Allagash Odyssey
Citizen Cider ? Unified Press
Dieu Du Ciel Peche Mortel
Dogfish Festina Peche
Drop-In  Gupta?s Gleeful
Fiddlehead Golden Grillz
Founders KBS
Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout
Grassroots Shadow Pictures of a Journey
Guinness
Harpoon 100 Barrel Series #46
Hill Farmstead Edward
Hill Farmstead Everett
Hill Farmstead Florence
Hill Farmstead Society & Solitude #5
Jack?s Abby Hoponius Union
Lawson?s Finest Chinooker?d
Lawson?s Finest Double Sunshine
Leipziger Gose
Long Trail Batch #3 (Brownbag Series)
Lost Nation Saison Lamoille
Maine Beer Company MO
North Coast Old Rasputin
Otter Creek Vermont Lager
Prairie Artisinal Prarie Ale
Rock Art Simcoe
Rodenbach Grand Cru
Shed Mountain Ale
Stillwater Cellar Door
Switchback
Trapp Family Helles Lager
Trout River Rainbow Red
Weihenstephan
Wolaver?s Organic Wildflower Wheat
Zero Gravity Green State Lager

Tap list from Farmhouse which basically changes daily.

that's an incredible draft list!

My only regret of my trip was not getting to spend a bit more time in Waterbury. Prohibition Pig and that place are about 100 feet from each other.

brennser

« Reply #3136 on: July 26, 2013, 10:12:21 am »
My only regret of my trip was not getting to spend a bit more time in Waterbury. Prohibition Pig and that place are about 100 feet from each other.

And don't forget blackback - exactly half way bewteen pro pig and reservoir on the other side of the street - that street in Waterbury probably has the greatest concentration of great beer on draft anywhere in the US!

http://blackbackpub.com/beers_on_tap

James Ford

« Reply #3137 on: July 26, 2013, 10:33:35 am »
What is the menu like there? Do they have the full Mad River Taco menu, or limited selection?

Think my two day game plan is:

Thurs: Montreal to Hill Farmstead to Rock Art to Von Trapp (lunch at their bakery/deli plus their beer) to Alchemist to Farmhouse T&G.
Friday: Burlington to Winooski Bev Center (Lawson's), maybe Magic Hat, to WAterbury for lunch (Pig or REsevoir) to Warren area (hiking, Warren Store, maybe Mad River Taco) to my mom's in upstate NY.

And don't forget blackback - exactly half way bewteen pro pig and reservoir on the other side of the street - that street in Waterbury probably has the greatest concentration of great beer on draft anywhere in the US!

Yada

« Reply #3138 on: July 26, 2013, 10:38:02 am »
What is the menu like there? Do they have the full Mad River Taco menu, or limited selection?

Thurs: Montreal to Hill Farmstead to Rock Art to Von Trapp (lunch at their bakery/deli plus their beer) to Alchemist to Farmhouse T&G.
Friday: Burlington to Winooski Bev Center (Lawson's), maybe Magic Hat, to WAterbury for lunch (Pig or REsevoir) to Warren area (hiking, Warren Store, maybe Mad River Taco) to my mom's in upstate NY.

I'd get to Alchemist first thing Thursday if they lift the two case limit or you'll be coming home with no Topper. Even if they don't lift the two case limit, might be cutting it close.

Also, that's a damn aggressive couple of days!

brennser

« Reply #3139 on: July 26, 2013, 10:44:34 am »
the food is way better at the pig than at reservoir

didn't eat at black back so don't know

James Ford

« Reply #3140 on: July 26, 2013, 10:59:49 am »
Thanks. They said the case limit was for the forseseable future I think.

I've been watching their FB page, and it's lasted until at least Friday noon each week so far.

Yes, alot on the list, may have to trim as necessary. but after three days of often boring sessions all day at a conference in Montreal, I'll be looking for as much excitement as possible.

Also planning on hitting Dieu du Ciel brewpub in Montreal, and Vices et Versa in Montreal (for other Quebec beers on draft), as well as Schmaltz Brewing in Clifton Park, NY, and Troegs in Hershey.

And then giving my liver a rest.

I'd get to Alchemist first thing Thursday if they lift the two case limit or you'll be coming home with no Topper. Even if they don't lift the two case limit, might be cutting it close.

Also, that's a damn aggressive couple of days!

James Ford

« Reply #3141 on: July 26, 2013, 11:43:28 am »
Oh, and Ben and Jerry's. For my daughter. Have to stop there.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3142 on: July 29, 2013, 09:32:08 am »
Imma have 14.1 DFH 60 minutes chilled and waiting after Marine Corps!

http://draftmag.com/calories/burned/?weight=158&hours=3&minutes=45&type=running9

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3143 on: July 29, 2013, 10:29:24 am »
i had one dogfish head 120 minute yesterday.  god i got giddy good drunky feelings for quite a while.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3144 on: July 29, 2013, 10:34:57 am »
That's a big beer to drink on your own!  I usually have to share with 1 or 2 others...

Yada

« Reply #3145 on: July 29, 2013, 10:46:08 am »
Dug into a Parabola this weekend, what a delicious beverage.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #3146 on: July 29, 2013, 10:48:39 am »
i had one dogfish head 120 minute yesterday.  god i got giddy good drunky feelings for quite a while.

i've only had it as part of a flight @ dogfish head in rehoboth -- not sure if I'd want a full glass, too alcohol-y
(o|o)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #3147 on: July 29, 2013, 11:09:49 am »

i've only had it as part of a flight @ dogfish head in rehoboth -- not sure if I'd want a full glass, too alcohol-y

I tend to think of it like brandy when I drink it.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3148 on: July 29, 2013, 11:20:39 am »
parabola is indeed the bomb.  i have a few bottle in the cellar.  trying to hold out at least a year, so far so good.

i was given a 120 minute this weekend.  i'm wondering if i should drink it now, or age it?  if so, for how long?  it was bottled in february.
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #3149 on: July 29, 2013, 12:33:29 pm »
Damn, that Rubaeus is good. Only the second specail/seasonal beer that I've bought this year where I had one and knew I had to go back and buy some more. (Sucks was the first).