Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241376 times)

James Ford

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #3285 on: August 16, 2013, 10:07:35 am »
Probably one of the worst and least interesting choices on that list to me. What about it sounds interesting to you?

The Flying Dog Snake Dog (Nitro) sounds interesting.   

atomicfront

« Reply #3286 on: August 16, 2013, 10:08:46 am »
Probably one of the worst and least interesting choices on that list

You are the worst and least interesting person in this thread.  I am sure you never had it before so once again you are talking about something you know nothing about.

stevewizzle

« Reply #3287 on: August 16, 2013, 10:16:50 am »
Any reports from BeerWeekDC?

just in general? i've managed to catch a few events.

meridian pint sour takeover was fantastic on monday. it was a zoo.

glen's market had local rarities... it was okay.  good bratwurst.  it was a zoo.

last night hit up churchkey for bell's black note, bourbon cherry stout, and batch 9000.  all beers were delicious.  black note... that beer rules.  it was a zoo.

also went to smoke and barrel last night.  nothing blew me away. it was a zoo.

fun week of events and great beer!

James Ford

« Reply #3288 on: August 16, 2013, 10:20:50 am »
I've had many an ipa including Flying Dog Snake Dog, and it's below average to me, as far IPA's go. Nothing else they make that I've tried (probably eight to ten of their regular and special release beers) have ever been anything better than "good". And most are prettty "meh".

There are a number of breweries/IPA's they are pouring that I think more highly of that I would opt for in terms of trying something "new" or going with an old favorite.

Hence Snake Dog would be way, way down on my list.

Is it the "nitro" part that you find interesting?

You are the worst and least interesting person in this thread.  I am sure you never had it before so once again you are talking about something you know nothing about.

atomicfront

« Reply #3289 on: August 16, 2013, 10:23:04 am »
I've had many an ipa including Flying Dog Snake Dog, and it's below average to me, as far IPA's go. Nothing else they make that I've tried (probably eight to ten of their regular and special release beers) have ever been anything better than "good". And most are prettty "meh".

There are a number of breweries/IPA's they are pouring that I think more highly of that I would opt for in terms of trying something "new" or going with an old favorite.

Yes the Nitro.  I have had Snake Dog in bottle, draft, cask.  The interesting part is how Nitro compares to the over versions.  I really like the cask version not crazy about the other versions of it.

« Reply #3290 on: August 16, 2013, 10:25:55 am »

glen's market had local rarities... it was okay.  good bratwurst.  it was a zoo.

last night hit up churchkey for bell's black note, bourbon cherry stout, and batch 9000.  all beers were delicious.  black note... that beer rules.  it was a zoo.

I think they should do beer week like the do NoisePop in SF or like SXSW (I think) where you can buy a badge and they limit the amount of people at the bar and always make sure there room for badge holders. Probably wouldn't work and the bars would gripe due to lost revenue.   But I think you could sell badges for $100 and people would line up to buy them.
It really makes it no fun when it's just insanely packed.  I've tried to invite mild beer fans to these events and the get to the door and they are like 'there is no way I'm going into that bar'  
I don't know why some of these bars don't just do two nights of the same event?  Obviously they are bringing in cash hand over fist on a weeknight
slack

James Ford

« Reply #3291 on: August 16, 2013, 10:31:32 am »
Ok, I understand. Not a priority of mine, but I can certainly see where you're coming from.

Yes the Nitro.  I have had Snake Dog in bottle, draft, cask.  The interesting part is how Nitro compares to the over versions.  I really like the cask version not crazy about the other versions of it.

fatskippy

« Reply #3292 on: August 16, 2013, 10:35:21 am »
I hope Churchkey sells tickets for Zwanze Day this year. It's just not worth going to if its going to be as big of a clusterfuck as last year.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3293 on: August 16, 2013, 10:36:07 am »

It seems you should have just gone to the zoo.

atomicfront

« Reply #3294 on: August 16, 2013, 10:42:11 am »

It seems you should have just gone to the zoo.

Brew at the Zoo?  I always say I am going to go to that but never end up making it.

stevewizzle

« Reply #3295 on: August 16, 2013, 10:48:22 am »

I think they should do beer week like the do NoisePop in SF or like SXSW (I think) where you can buy a badge and they limit the amount of people at the bar and always make sure there room for badge holders. Probably wouldn't work and the bars would gripe due to lost revenue.   But I think you could sell badges for $100 and people would line up to buy them.
It really makes it no fun when it's just insanely packed.  I've tried to invite mild beer fans to these events and the get to the door and they are like 'there is no way I'm going into that bar'  
I don't know why some of these bars don't just do two nights of the same event?  Obviously they are bringing in cash hand over fist on a weeknight

i would be down for this. i'd also probably get fired because of it.

as my buddy proclaimed immediately when i finally found him at the bar at churchkey, "it's fucking amateur hour in here!".  lots of mild beer fans, crowding in to the city's best beer bar because it's an easy excuse to go out.  but hey, fuck it, if that means more people are interested in craft beer, and more beer bars open, and the city keeps getting better beer because of it, i'm all for it.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3296 on: August 16, 2013, 11:04:48 am »
if you go to zoos, or support zoos . . . then i should be able to take your family and children from you, put them in cages, and stare at them for my amusement.  fuck zoos.

« Reply #3297 on: August 16, 2013, 11:26:50 am »
if you go to zoos, or support zoos . . . then i should be able to take your family and children from you, put them in cages, and stare at them for my amusement.  fuck zoos.
yes Zoos do depress me too, kinda like the same way I feel at strip clubs

but sadly the only way we are going to save lots of species as we're destroying their habitat as fast as we possibly can
slack

Yada

« Reply #3298 on: August 16, 2013, 11:36:14 am »

I loathe zoos.

atomicfront

« Reply #3299 on: August 18, 2013, 08:49:57 pm »

I loathe zoos.

Zoos are cool..it is the slaughterhouses which are bad.  I find it funny that we have a bacon thread on here and no one has a problem with that but  zoos are wrong.

I had allagash dubbel and fat tire pumperkick tonight.  Both were ok.