Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241423 times)

James Ford

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #3720 on: October 31, 2013, 01:15:19 pm »
interesting...Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad is $8.99 at Total Wine in MD and $12.99 at Total Wine in VA. (I got one for $9.99 at Whole Foods in DC).

atomic

« Reply #3721 on: October 31, 2013, 01:19:50 pm »
In Bev's profit is up 20 percent this quarter and revenue up too.  I am glad I don't listen to you guys about beer.   

James Ford

« Reply #3722 on: October 31, 2013, 01:25:14 pm »
We're beer lovers not businessmen.

In Bev's profit is up 20 percent this quarter and revenue up too.  I am glad I don't listen to you guys about beer.   

Yada

« Reply #3723 on: October 31, 2013, 01:35:27 pm »

I'm glad no one listens to you about anything.

atomic

« Reply #3724 on: October 31, 2013, 01:41:14 pm »

Yeah no one listens to logic.  It used to frustrate me but now I use it to my advantage.

Bagley

« Reply #3725 on: November 01, 2013, 10:56:54 am »
Sour ale night at Church Key last night.  Sampled a few then was bowled over by DC Brau's  Alpha Domina Mellis DIPA.  Wow!!!  I've always been a big proponent of Bell's Hopslam.  However, it has met its match with this honey-fermented brew.  Anyone know any place else that taps it around dc?

James Ford

« Reply #3726 on: November 01, 2013, 11:56:24 am »
I had it at Churchkey as well last Saturday (see previous page of this thread). Very good stuff.

They has it on draft at Whole Foods in Fairfax on Sunday, with growler fills. It disappeared in a few hours. Surprised they still have it at Churchkey, maybe they got multiple kegs.

Sour ale night at Church Key last night.  Sampled a few then was bowled over by DC Brau's  Alpha Domina Mellis DIPA.  Wow!!!  I've always been a big proponent of Bell's Hopslam.  However, it has met its match with this honey-fermented brew.  Anyone know any place else that taps it around dc?

« Reply #3727 on: November 01, 2013, 11:57:25 am »
Surprised they still have it at Churchkey, maybe they got multiple kegs.
hope there is some left as I was going to swing by tonight to sample
slack

stevewizzle

« Reply #3728 on: November 01, 2013, 01:16:32 pm »

Yeah no one listens to logic.  It used to frustrate me but now I use it to my advantage.

breaking news: stocks fluctuate.

other breaking news: nobody gives a shit about your investment and you sound like an asshole posting about it constantly.

even more breaking news: drink all the inbev you want. seriously. stay away from the good beer. more for us.

James Ford

« Reply #3729 on: November 01, 2013, 01:34:13 pm »
I bet my wife's Whole Foods stock is a better bet than InBev. Please buy your InBev beer at Whole Foods.

Oh wait, the nanny state of Maryland doesn't allow beer sales in supermarkets. Stupid Maryland.

hutch

« Reply #3730 on: November 01, 2013, 01:43:56 pm »

POTW!

atomic

« Reply #3731 on: November 01, 2013, 02:56:07 pm »
I bet my wife's Whole Foods stock is a better bet than InBev. Please buy your InBev beer at Whole Foods.

Oh wait, the nanny state of Maryland doesn't allow beer sales in supermarkets. Stupid Maryland.

Yeah and finding liquor anywhere in Virginia is next to impossible.

atomic

« Reply #3732 on: November 01, 2013, 02:57:59 pm »

other breaking news: nobody gives a shit about your investment and you sound like an asshole posting about it constantly.

even more breaking news: drink all the inbev you want. seriously. stay away from the good beer. more for us.

Uh there is pretty much an unlimited supply of beer.  I drink Hoegarden, Goose Island and Leffe those are good Inbev products.  What does revenue growth and income growth have to do with the price of stock flucuating?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3733 on: November 01, 2013, 03:46:56 pm »
for those not attending tomorrow's bottle share party, here's a very respectable alternative.

Novemberfest at Rustico: You Won't Believe the Beer Selection
Outdoor festival will run from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2.
http://delray.patch.com/groups/weekend-planner/p/novemberfest-at-rustico-you-wont-believe-the-beer-selection

The Neighborhood Restaurant Group is hosting a smaller version of its Snallygaster beer festival Saturday, Nov. 2 outside Rustico on Slaters Lane in Alexandria.

Novemberfest, which will run from noon to 5 p.m., will feature more than 50 stouts, porters, hopped IPAs, pumpkin ales and much more selected by NRG beer maestro Greg Engert.

Admission is $5 at the door and it includes a Novemberfest can koozie while supplies last.

Like all NRG festivals, tickets will be needed to purchase beer and food. Tickets will be available for $1 apiece. Beers will range from six to eight tickets for full 14-oz. pours and three to four tickets for most 6-oz. tasters.

Food will range from three to eight tickets. 

A glace at the growing beer and food menus:

Novemberfest Draft Menu

DC Brau Alpha Domina Mellis Imperial IPA
    Saucony Creek Captain Pumpkin's Maple Mistress
    Bluejacket, 10 Barrel & Stone Brewing Suede Imperial Porter
    Stone Enjoy By IPA 11-12-13
    Perennial Heart of Gold Wheatwine
    Southern Tier Pumking
    The Bruery Oude Tart
    The Bruery Autumn Maple
    Maine Beer Co. MO Pale Ale
    Schlafly Pumpkin Ale
    Schlafly Tasmanian IPA
    Smuttynose Straw-Barb Short Weisse
    De Dolle Arabier
    BFM Cuvee Alex Le Rouge Imperial Stout
    't Smisje Kerst
    Del Ducato Special Verdi Stout 200th Birthday Version (Whiskey Barrel-Aged Chili Stout)
    Timmermans Pumpkin Lambicus
    Schlenkerla Oak Smoke
    Prof. Fritz Briem 1809 Berliner Weisse
    Blue Mountain Long Winter's Nap
    Terrapin & Schmaltz Reunion 2013 Imperial Brown Ale
    Parkway Raven's Roost Baltic Porter
    Allagash Four
    Allagash Hugh Malone
    Starr Hill Cryptical Imperial Stout
    Goose Island Big John Imperial Stout
    Sierra Nevada Northern Hemisphere Harvest Ale
    Anchor Christmas Ale
    Ommegang Take the Black Belgian Stout (Game of Thrones Beer #2)
    Flying Dog Single Hop Imperial IPA: Simcoe
    New Belgium Accumulation White IPA
    Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout
    Sly Fox Pikeland Pils
    Avery The Reverend Quadrupel
    Bear Republic Café Racer 15 Imperial IPA
    Bell's Hopsolution Imperial IPA
    De Ranke Saison de Dottignies
    Dogfish Head Kvasir
    Dogfish Head Olde School Barleywine
    Duck-Rabbit Rabid Duck Imperial Stout
    Evolution Incubator #2
    Nøgne Ø Imperial Stout
    Victory 4 Hop Bock
    Founders Harvest Ale
    Great Divide Fresh Hop Pale Ale

On Cask

Thornbridge Raven Black IPA
    Heavy Seas Loose Cannon IPA
    Oliver's Bishop's Breakfast Oatmeal Stout
    Lost Rhino Face Plant IPA
    Schlafly Tasmanian IPA 

Ciders

Original Sin Apple Cider
    Bold Rock Draft Apple Cider

Novemberfest Food Menu

Pretzels with Beer Cheese and Mustard
    Grilled Warshore Oysters with Sofritto or Homemade Hot Sauce Fries (Poutine $1 extra, Beer cheese sauce $1 extra)
    Pulled Pork Sandwich with a Carolina BBQ Sauce & Bread & Butter Pickles
    Smoked Turkey Legs
    Homemade Chili and Vegetarian Chili with Shredded Cheddar and Onions
    Buzz Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies & Double Choco Brownies
    Red Apron Knockwurst with Mustard and Homemade Sauerkraut
    Red Apron Hot Dogs
<sig>

stevewizzle

« Reply #3734 on: November 01, 2013, 04:09:37 pm »

Uh there is pretty much an unlimited supply of beer.  I drink Hoegarden, Goose Island and Leffe those are good Inbev products.  What does revenue growth and income growth have to do with the price of stock flucuating?

your definition of "good" is limited to three brands?

and, nobody gives a shit about revenue growth, profit gains, or the stock price for inbev.  i thought you were talking again about your modest stock increase.  you bought a stable stock. updating us on anything related to it is pointless. it's the equivalent of keeping us up-to-date on the status of paint drying.