Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241397 times)

James Ford

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #3945 on: December 11, 2013, 06:39:46 pm »
I split 12 oz with my wife. That's still a potential for having 365 different beers in a year.

Though tonight we're going a little crazy and each having our own 12 oz can of Jai Alai IPA.

I typically drink six ounces of beer a day. Maybe 12 ounces on a weekend day. And much, much more one day every couple of months when there is a 9:30 forum bottle share.

How do you drink 6 ounces of beer.  What do you do throw half your beer away?   You sure talk a lot about beer for someone who doesn't drink it.

atomic

« Reply #3946 on: December 11, 2013, 06:54:00 pm »
I split 12 oz with my wife. That's still a potential for having 365 different beers in a year.

Though tonight we're going a little crazy and each having our own 12 oz can of Jai Alai IPA.

I typically drink six ounces of beer a day. Maybe 12 ounces on a weekend day. And much, much more one day every couple of months when there is a 9:30 forum bottle share.

How do you drink 6 ounces of beer.  What do you do throw half your beer away?   You sure talk a lot about beer for someone who doesn't drink it.

Spliting a 12 oz bottle of beer.  Now I have heard everything.   What did you do in the beirgartens when they gave you a liter serving size? 

James Ford

« Reply #3947 on: December 11, 2013, 07:16:02 pm »
Split a liter. Actually split two liters of two different beers. We drink more when we're on vacation, if we're not driving.

How about you?

Spliting a 12 oz bottle of beer.  Now I have heard everything.   What did you do in the beirgartens when they gave you a liter serving size? 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3948 on: December 11, 2013, 07:18:45 pm »
fascinating.

James Ford

« Reply #3949 on: December 11, 2013, 07:23:55 pm »
I agree. Almost as fascinating as some of the scintillating conversations that take place on Facebook.

fascinating.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3950 on: December 11, 2013, 07:30:13 pm »
facebook . . . is the antichrist.  with pictures of ugly kids.  and birthday wishes.

James Ford

« Reply #3951 on: December 11, 2013, 07:42:40 pm »
The Bruery Night Tap Takeover/Rare Bottle Raffle on 12/18 at Georgetown - See more at: http://www.eatyourpizza.com/the-bruery-night-tap-takeoverrare-bottle-raffle-on-1218-at-georgetown/#sthash.QJsXsU7o.dpuf

Half price draft of Bruery beers. Oooh. That could be good. That could be really good. Might have to have more than 6 ounces of beer that night too.

atomic

« Reply #3952 on: December 11, 2013, 07:49:37 pm »
Split a liter. Actually split two liters of two different beers. We drink more when we're on vacation, if we're not driving.

How about you?

My 78 year old mother drank 2 liters of beer a sitting. 

James Ford

« Reply #3953 on: December 11, 2013, 07:55:11 pm »
That's what she told me last night.

How about you?

My 78 year old mother drank 2 liters of beer a sitting. 

Yada

« Reply #3954 on: December 12, 2013, 10:07:50 am »
The beer wars have begun.

From Citizen's Brewing Company:

This weekend we received a surprise from DC Brau Brewing Company in the form of a Cease & Desist letter. We'll take their threat of litigation as a compliment. They believe in our success just as much as we do! In order to focus on opening our doors in Summer 2014 and creating the best brewery we can for you, we're changing our name and announcing the new moniker later today. We're proud to be bringing craft beer to downtown Silver Spring no matter what name you call us!

Probably best to not name your brewery after a less than mediocre beer.

James Ford

« Reply #3955 on: December 12, 2013, 10:18:10 am »
I think that most of the cease and desist stuff that goes on with brewery/beer names is rubbish, but that one makes a bit of sense.

Why would you pick a name for your brewery that is already taken by a beer produced in the same Metro region?

Yada

« Reply #3956 on: December 12, 2013, 10:21:20 am »
I think that most of the cease and desist stuff that goes on with brewery/beer names is rubbish, but that one makes a bit of sense.

Why would you pick a name for your brewery that is already taken by a beer produced in the same Metro region?

Especially one that tastes like garbage.

James Ford

« Reply #3957 on: December 12, 2013, 10:38:20 am »
Agreed.

Only their three basic beers make it to my local WF shelf. Wish either the hefe or the porter did instead of Citizen. I see them both in DC WF.

Especially one that tastes like garbage.

fatskippy

« Reply #3958 on: December 12, 2013, 10:40:34 am »
I'm surprised they still brew the Citizen as one of their 3 main year-round beers. It's weak and I can't imagine the sales are very good compared to the Public or Corruption.

Yada

« Reply #3959 on: December 12, 2013, 10:46:38 am »
I can't remember if I posted about my Three Stars visit, but I have to say I was highly impressed with everything I tasted there, especially the Zombie Date Night.

As a whole, I think the beer there was much better than DC Brau, however, OTWOA is still my favorite DC brew.