Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241382 times)

Yada

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #4155 on: January 25, 2014, 11:49:01 am »
Anyone going to 3 Stars on Sunday?

what's going on there on sunday?  they're usually closed so i assume some special event.  i've looked around and couldn't find any mention...

i might be there tomorrow (saturday), or my buddy will go for me.  3 Stars has hooked up some local homebrewers with a deal on bulk grain. we'll be picking up the malt in the morning.  an exceptionally cool move on their part.  3 Stars' support of the the homebrewing community has been incredible.  thank you 3 Stars!

Illuminati kick off.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4156 on: January 25, 2014, 01:53:43 pm »
Illuminati kick off.

oh, right.  i hemmed and hawed, and the club sold out before i made a decision... so the decision was made for me.

please let us know what the beers are, as they come out.  i'm very curious about these limited releases.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4157 on: January 25, 2014, 02:15:22 pm »
Illuminati kick off.
You know nothing of our organization. Our fiscal year starts in May and we certainly wouldn't have our annual kickoff anywhere you'd know about it.
LVMH

stevewizzle

« Reply #4158 on: January 26, 2014, 12:05:47 am »

just built this guy today :D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4159 on: January 26, 2014, 12:16:19 am »
sweet!

per your own words, "very jelly".
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #4160 on: January 26, 2014, 11:20:24 pm »
Illuminati kick off was awesome, sounds quite promising...hopefully they continue to deliver with some killer brews.

Had  pandemic porter, zombie date night, and two to the dome. All fresh and delicious.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4161 on: January 27, 2014, 11:56:44 am »
did you get your first limited-edition beer?
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #4162 on: January 27, 2014, 01:39:58 pm »
did you get your first limited-edition beer?

Negative... this was more of just a welcome party/celebration. The first bottles will be distributed close to the end of Feb.

James Ford

« Reply #4163 on: January 30, 2014, 12:08:24 pm »

Bagley

« Reply #4164 on: January 31, 2014, 11:31:21 am »
I know there are a lot of haters out there but I can't wait to get up to Pa to claim my case of 2014 Hopslam.  Anyone give it a try?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4165 on: January 31, 2014, 11:44:18 am »
a good IPA top-ten list: http://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/the-definitive-top-10-ipas-as-chosen-by-a-hopped-up-panel-of-beer-writers

and for the IPA haters, this is what you sound like when you go on your "i hate IPAs" rant: http://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/why-i-hate-ipas-thrillist-nation.  it's a great look, isn't it?  yeah.  that's you.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4166 on: January 31, 2014, 11:50:26 am »
it's a great look, isn't it?  yeah.  that's you.
Yeah, fuck people for not all liking how the exact same things taste. What a cretin, with their taste buds and different preferences and shit.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4167 on: January 31, 2014, 11:58:43 am »
it's a great look, isn't it?  yeah.  that's you.
Yeah, fuck people for not all liking how the exact same things taste. What a cretin, with their taste buds and different preferences and shit.

nothing wrong with not liking something, and voicing one's opinion on the dislike.  it's that IPAs seem to engender a stupid kind of hate.  every IPA hater i've come across doesn't hate the beer so much as the idea of the beer - and that's just f*cking annoying.  dunno if you read that article, but the author comes across as a douche IMO.  he doesn't like it because you can't chug it.  how refined.  that opinion is just calling out for respect.
<sig>

stevewizzle

« Reply #4168 on: January 31, 2014, 12:42:37 pm »
a good IPA top-ten list: http://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/the-definitive-top-10-ipas-as-chosen-by-a-hopped-up-panel-of-beer-writers

didn't we already see this a few months ago?  or am i thinking of something else? why is deadbeat brews overachiever ipa not listed?

stevewizzle

« Reply #4169 on: January 31, 2014, 12:53:40 pm »
i've really grown to appreciate the lager over the past month.  it kind of started with a destination wedding which only served light beer and budweiser... i drank A LOT of budweiser that weekend, and really enjoyed every one i had.  crisp, fresh, mildly tasteful, and easy drinking.  i've had some other quality lagers as of late, notably jack's abby smoke and dagger and edelstoff helles lager, but that budweiser was damn good in comparison.  just like IPAs, it has it's time and place and it really can be paired perfectly with food.