Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241405 times)

brennser

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #4830 on: September 05, 2014, 11:02:23 am »

Yada

« Reply #4831 on: September 10, 2014, 09:13:00 am »

James Ford

« Reply #4832 on: September 10, 2014, 09:53:13 am »
wow, some of those ring uncomfortable true. luckily, I have a partner who supports the cause and has as many beer tshirts as I do.

http://firstwefeast.com/drink/dating-a-beer-nerd/

James Ford

« Reply #4833 on: September 10, 2014, 09:54:13 am »
very, very happy to see this beer return...

DOWNINGTOWN, PA, September 4, 2014 ?Victory Brewing Company® (Victory) is pleased to announce the release of Mooonglow Weizenbock, a bottle conditioned German style ale, rich in malt tones, spicy fruit aromas and warming flavors which combine to create the perfect autumnal elixir.

Originating from German brewing tradition, this 'bock' beer utilizes German hops and a strain of 'weiss' ('wheat') beer yeast, which plays a major role in charging the ale with flavors reminiscent of clove, vanilla and honey. As per traditional German style conventions, it is comprised of two different types of malted wheat totaling nearly 60% of the grist among the seven varieties of malted grains employed. This recipe, with its historic roots, revitalizes a refreshing, well-made style of ale that is rare today.

Drinking a Moonglow Weizenbock is much like traveling back in time, due to the strict, age-old, quality controlled brewing process it adheres to. Simultaneously, the brew stands out amongst the current trend of hoppy, American ales with a fresh, exciting flavor profile, driven by malt and yeast. Harvest fruit flavors conjuring fresh apple and pear lead into notes of caramel and toffee, resolving into spicy characteristics that leave a satisfying impression comparable to frothy banana bread in this tempting ale.

Moonglow Weizenbock, has an ABV of 8.7% and is available at craft beer bars, bottle shops, beer distributors and major gourmet grocery stores throughout Victory?s 35 state distribution footprint, with a suggested retail price of $9.99 and will be sold in 12 ounce 4 packs. Use Victory?s Beerfinder to discover a nearby location, or download the free Victory Mobile app for Android or iPhone.

?This beer is a vivid example of what our company is all about ? the exploration of German brewing traditions combined with our individual creative ingenuity,? said President and Brewmaster, Bill Covaleski. ?Whether clearing new paths or rediscovering old roads via glow of the autumnal moon, this is a product that celebrates the spirit of that journey.?

About Victory Brewing Company

Victory Brewing Company is a craft brewery headquartered in Downingtown, Pennsylvania. Founded by childhood friends, Bill Covaleski and Ron Barchet, who met on a school bus in 1973, Victory officially opened its doors in February of 1996. In addition to the original Downingtown brewery and brewpub, Victory recently opened a second state-of-the-art brewery in Parkesburg, PA to expand production capabilities and serve fans of fully flavored beers in 35 states with innovative beers melding European ingredients and technology with American creativity. To learn more about Victory Brewing Company visit us on the web at www.victorybeer.com.

James Ford

« Reply #4834 on: September 11, 2014, 11:16:53 am »

Split one of each of these with my wife with dinner last night.

Paired it with a rather unhealthy fettucini alfredo dish and healthy arugala salad I made.

The Jacobins Rouge went better with the food. Just and awesome sour.

The Duchesse is a bit too sweet, not bad, more of a dessert beer, imo.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 11:18:58 am by James Ford »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4835 on: September 11, 2014, 05:12:46 pm »
anybody, ever have this thing i saw, the other day called

stevewizzle

« Reply #4837 on: September 11, 2014, 11:28:09 pm »

#8 + #10 ring true for me. and that's a bad ass local option t-shirt.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4838 on: September 12, 2014, 09:58:42 am »

really good list, but i have a few edits:

6) ?YOU?LL FIND YOURSELF WITH NOTHING TO DO FOR THE FIRST TEN MINUTES YOU SIT DOWN AT A BAR AS HE METICULOUSLY STUDIES THE BEER MENU.?

false.  beer nerds look up the bar's online beer menu beforehand.  a beer nerds walks in an already knows what he wants to try.

7) ?HE?LL NEVER WANT TO TAKE PHOTOS OF YOU?ONLY OF HIS BEERS.?

not quite: he'll only take pictures of you with beer.  so if you want to show up on his instagram feed, point out how cute you look holding a pint of whatever pretentious beer he ordered for you.

#8 doesn't apply to me as i've never gotten into Ontappd, but i realize i'm in the minority on this one.
<sig>

stevewizzle

« Reply #4839 on: September 12, 2014, 10:37:23 am »
false.  beer nerds look up the bar's online beer menu beforehand.  a beer nerds walks in an already knows what he wants to try.

guilty of that, too.

James Ford

« Reply #4840 on: September 12, 2014, 10:44:10 am »
I'm more likely to have a list of three or four that I want to free sample before choosing.

And my wife is the photographer in the family, so it's usually my ugly hand holding the beer.

guilty of that, too.

Unsanity

« Reply #4841 on: September 12, 2014, 01:19:19 pm »
That Jacobins looks pretty awesome Mr. Ford. Where can you find that?

James Ford

« Reply #4842 on: September 12, 2014, 01:29:37 pm »
Single bottles at Fairfax Whole Foods.

I also think I saw it when I went beer shopping in Richmond.

And Binny's in Chicago has it in four packs if you're out that way.

That Jacobins looks pretty awesome Mr. Ford. Where can you find that?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4843 on: September 12, 2014, 02:09:26 pm »
anybody, ever have this thing i saw, the other day called

Arrgh.  Passed up a visit to Avery this week.  OTOH, living and breathing Odell :)

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4844 on: September 12, 2014, 03:38:19 pm »
where i saw it, it was 13 a bottle.  too much?