Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241388 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #6420 on: February 21, 2016, 10:25:07 pm »
yuengling case at BJs up again this week.. now $17.49... for those keeping count that is a $1 per case increase in the past 2 weeks....

shits getting crazee...

Indeed it is. I just spent more than that for a single bottle of beer, called SHIT. FTR, I'm not proud of my purchase, it was an impulse buy.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 10:36:03 pm by Space Freely »

Unsanity

« Reply #6421 on: February 22, 2016, 04:48:29 am »
That looks tasty. Bruary beers are always expensive. If you see a bottle for under $9.99 from them its probably no good honestly.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6422 on: February 22, 2016, 10:43:41 am »
i had a maryland beer weekend, without necessarily planning to do so.  had:
- flying dog the truth (still solid)
- du claw retribution (was aged a few years, excellent bourbon barrel-aged RIS)
- union double duckpin (maybe a hint more malty that i might chose, but amazing citrus hop character at a decent price)
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #6423 on: February 22, 2016, 11:10:01 am »
I guess I am poor but beer is just getting too expensive for me...I'd rather buy a record with my monies..

« Reply #6424 on: February 22, 2016, 11:18:24 am »
I guess I am poor but beer is just getting too expensive for me...I'd rather buy a record with my monies..
So after an investment of around $75
You could brew your own for about $14 a case (in a similar profile of yuengling)
well there is about 6 hours of labor to save $6 total might not be worth it
but you'd have the pride to know you brewed your own and the man can stick it with his expensive beer
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #6425 on: February 22, 2016, 11:19:07 am »

An occasional expensive bottle of beer is really my only big splurge in life...and even then you're talking about a $20-$25 bottle of beer.

hutch

« Reply #6426 on: February 22, 2016, 11:29:27 am »
yes I understand.. I think i'm a lower grade/higher amount of beer consumer..
still it is remarkable.. even look at wine prices compared to beer prices.. they just have not/are not increasing at the same pace..

but I still want to participate in this thread..

Yada

« Reply #6427 on: February 22, 2016, 12:08:59 pm »
my favorite beer of the weekend.

Space Freely

« Reply #6428 on: February 22, 2016, 12:18:54 pm »
My favorite beer on the weekend was Stone Enjoy By 2/14 Unfilted. It was after 2/14 but still tasted great.

Also, the Sierra Nevada Otra Vez Gose....not mouth puckering like Westbrook or even the two Anderson Valley goses...but paired very well with the key lime pie my wife made.

Yada

« Reply #6429 on: February 22, 2016, 12:22:28 pm »
My favorite beer on the weekend was Stone Enjoy By 2/14 Unfilted. It was after 2/14 but still tasted great.

Also, the Sierra Nevada Otra Vez Gose....not mouth puckering like Westbrook or even the two Anderson Valley goses...but paired very well with the key lime pie my wife made.

I liked that Otra Vez as well...

I also drank a Kirsch Gose followed by a Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose and it didn't hold a candle to the Kirsch Gose IMO.

« Reply #6430 on: February 22, 2016, 12:26:46 pm »
Westbrook or even the two Anderson Valley goses...
I'm going to have to agree with your assement of the deliciousness of Westbrook's gose
I've had a few over the last few months and almost every time I've been like "this really isn't as good as that westbrook one"

edit: have not tried Kirsch Gose ....so that's next

New District taped their new IPA ones and zeros and I thought it was a really good pour

Their oatmeal stout was meh to yuck
But that imperial stout is the naz IMO

They are increasing capacity there and now adding Friday hours (they were only open 12-10 on Saturday)

Although with my budget constraints in 2016...not sure I can keep getting 10oz pour for $9.61 (after tax, before tip!)
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #6431 on: February 22, 2016, 12:34:35 pm »

I liked that Otra Vez as well...

I also drank a Kirsch Gose followed by a Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose and it didn't hold a candle to the Kirsch Gose IMO.

Looking forward to the Kirsch Gose later this Spring. I want to try it side by side with the Ommegang Rosetta. Maybe underneath the cherry blossoms (if the Kirsch Gose is available by then).

« Reply #6432 on: February 22, 2016, 01:53:44 pm »
Curious if anyone has been to the Brew Shop in Arlington
I thought it was going to be just Homebrew Supplies...but thankfully a lot more
just read this write up
http://www.arlbrew.com/

they have growler fils too...don't list price
DC Brau Alpha Domina Melllis Double IPA -
Alewerks Shorty Time Session IPA -
Hardywood Raspberry Stout -
Three Notch'd Jack's Java Espresso Stout -
Port City Colossal V -
Old Ox Brewery Saison D'Ox -
Escutcheon Brewing John Riggins 4th and 1 Pilsner -
Adroit Theory We Want You Soul Belgian IPA -

From this post on twitter...looking like good price on the growler fills
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 02:02:45 pm by Sidehatch ★ |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ❄️ »
slack

Unsanity

« Reply #6433 on: February 23, 2016, 05:39:20 am »
Kirsch Gose really is great, I can't wait to have it again. I love that Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose too. I must have bought 5 sixers of it. That stuff was like crack to me. The Sierra Nevada Gose sounds interesting, I have not seen it anywhere yet but was not really looking.

Space Freely

« Reply #6434 on: February 23, 2016, 10:28:57 am »
Mighty nice draft list here. Bet at least a few of them will be leftover for the all draft $4 Happy Hour on Monday.

FIRESTONE TAP TAKEOVER AT GEORGETOWN ON FEBRUARY 27
Saturday, February 27, 2016
11:30am 11:00pm 11:30 23:00
?   Pizzeria Paradiso Georgetown3282 M St NW Washington, DC United States
Draft List
?   Firestone Walker Velvet Merkin
?   FIrestone Walker Helldorado
?   Firestone Walker XVIIII
?   Firestone Walker Velvet Merlin
?   Firestone Walker XVII
?   Firestone Double DBA
?   Firestone Sucuba