Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3242060 times)

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #6795 on: April 21, 2016, 11:34:09 am »
I feel, from now on, yada should post gifs of people taking huge dumps , instead of saying this Festival or this beer "looks like the . . ."

bring back tubgirl?
I think he is feeling left out...got an hot pics of dudes giggling things?
slack

Yada

« Reply #6796 on: April 21, 2016, 11:38:50 am »
I feel, from now on, yada should post gifs of people taking huge dumps , instead of saying this Festival or this beer "looks like the . . ."

bring back tubgirl?
I think he is feeling left out...got an hot pics of dudes giggling things?

for walky...

that DC Brau corruption is da....

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6797 on: April 21, 2016, 11:43:39 am »
road trip, brahz? This looks like da

[ img suppressed to keep sh*t on topic ]

http://copenhagenbeerfest.com

Damn, that sure looks pretty awesome.

The festival does too.

I'd be willing to say this looks like one of the best beer fests I've sen advertised in a loooong time.

great lineup of breweries, but until we know exactly what beers are being brought i'd hold off on the superlatives.  if everyone on that list brings their flagships: meh (sure, you have hill farmstead and jester king which can't go wrong, but otherwise...)
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #6798 on: April 21, 2016, 11:49:00 am »

The festival does too.

I'd be willing to say this looks like one of the best beer fests I've sen advertised in a loooong time.

great lineup of breweries, but until we know exactly what beers are being brought i'd hold off on the superlatives.  if everyone on that list brings their flagships: meh (sure, you have hill farmstead and jester king which can't go wrong, but otherwise...)

true... true.

walk,on,by

« Reply #6799 on: April 21, 2016, 11:58:14 am »
I would applaud, you yada, but that gif was already used in my gif thread, posted by me, during the phase when I tried to kill the thread.

and I did not feel left out; I enjoy women breasteses . . . all men do.

« Reply #6800 on: April 21, 2016, 12:06:02 pm »
and I did not feel left out; I enjoy women breasteses . . . all men do.
oh happy day...keep em coming (or bouncin') yada
slack

« Reply #6801 on: April 21, 2016, 12:09:42 pm »
anyone check out Lake Anne Brewhouse grand opening this weekend?

http://lakeannebrewhouse.com/

Wow, what a weekend it was! We opened the doors at Lake Anne Brew House on Saturday morning to greet a line that continued to wrap Lake Anne Plaza for 13 hours until we finally shut the gate at 11 PM. First to go was our Lake Anne Skinny Dip Kolsch, followed closely behind by Live-Work-Play IPA. Reston Red didn't see much past 8 PM on Saturday, and by Sunday at 2 PM, Pontoon Pale Ale was also dry. We closed the doors on Sunday at 5 with just traces left in the sight glass on our Brown's Chapel Brown and our Simon's Stout. You, our adoring fans, consumed nearly 3000 pints of beer in just a day and a half; pat yourselves on the back! We are overwhelmed; we are thrilled; and we are out of beer.

Brewmaster Jason has been working around the clock, and our fermenting tanks are again full, but beer takes time. In light of this, our taproom will remain closed until Friday, April 29th at 4 PM, when we will resume our normal taproom hours. We could not have anticipated the enormous attendance on opening weekend and will be working hard to keep up with demand going forward. Thanks again for your support.
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #6802 on: April 21, 2016, 01:23:04 pm »

The festival does too.

How hard should i push my friend to make the 20 mile trek to Jester King when he's in Austin for a work conference? He'll have a car rental, but he'll also have his not interested in beer wife and kids in tow.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6803 on: April 21, 2016, 02:05:58 pm »
i've only tried two JK beers, and they were both awesome sours.  i'd certainly make that trek.

as to how hard you should push your workmate... depends on cost vs. reward.  assume the worse, that's it a horrible trip and his wife and kids hate him for it.  how much will he resent you, how much will you can, and does he have any power to get back at you? ;D
<sig>

« Reply #6804 on: April 21, 2016, 02:10:35 pm »
yeah...I'd go straight to the wife
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #6805 on: April 21, 2016, 02:12:52 pm »
i've only tried two JK beers, and they were both awesome sours.  i'd certainly make that trek.

as to how hard you should push your workmate... depends on cost vs. reward.  assume the worse, that's it a horrible trip and his wife and kids hate him for it.  how much will he resent you, how much will you can, and does he have any power to get back at you? ;D

He's a good friend who just happens to be a workmate at this point. We rarely do work that overlaps. I told him about it, as well as pointed him toward a couple of other promising beer spots...it's up to him to take it from there...I'm sayin no more.

Speaking of sours, sweet deal on Lolita on draft at P Street right now. Don't tell anyone, I want there to be some left after work tomorrow.

« Reply #6806 on: April 21, 2016, 03:27:31 pm »
Edit...nevermind...April fools joke

kinda missed this news....

« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 03:29:27 pm by SideBurner |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| 🚀 »
slack

Bagley

« Reply #6807 on: April 22, 2016, 11:37:29 am »
So I finally got to Aslin last night and tried the highly acclaimed Master of Karate.  Wow.  Blown away!
Probably the best beer I've ever had, let alone the best IPA. No one else compares IMHO - not Hopslam, Pliny, Alpha Domina Mellis,  Dirt Wolf nor Heady.  A true fruit bomb.  Everything about it was tremendous.  The aroma itself is a beautiful thing.  I kept waiting for the cloudiness to dissipate and it never did.  Nice head as well.  Filled my growler.  Also thought the Deceiver imperial stout was excellent.  Kudos to Aslin.  They've really got something special going on.

« Reply #6808 on: April 22, 2016, 01:59:44 pm »
So apparently this is a thing http://blackflagbrewingco.com/ in Columbia MD...but no Raymond Pettibon references (not open yet, but pretty soon)

I read that gordon biersch navy yard is going to be releasing a Sour on tap

and looks like Sehkraft is finally pouring their own beers...only 6 months after actually opening?

and Wicked weed is coming to philly on 5/3

The debut of Wicked Weed Brewery in Philly- meet Walt    Tuesday, May 03, 2016     4-7pm     Cash Bar 

Monk's is thrilled to host the Pennsylvania debut of Wicked Weed during the Craft Brewer's Conference.  Join us in the back bar for a meet and greet with brewer Walt Dickinson and the Wicked Weed crew, who will be taking our over taps with up to 20 of their incredible brews, as well as bringing up a few select bottles from their southern cellar.

Walt and his brother Luke started Wicked Weed in 2009 in Asheville, North Carolina. "This is the best beer to come out of the South - Period!" says Monk's co-owner Tom Peters. "I met Walt while I was attending a Sandor Katz fermentation school in Asheville. His sour beer program is exceptional and Luke's IPA program produces award winning ales." 

Wicked Weed's Pernicious IPA won the Silver Medal for American Style India Pale Ale (a category with a record-breaking 336 entries) at the 2015 Great American Beer Fest, and their sours knocked our socks off at the festival. 

You seriously don't want to miss this event.

Walt just got back to us today with this insane list.

Angel of Darkness

Bedeviled

Bourbon Oblivion

Bramble Barrel

Brettaberry

Chocolate Black Angel

Dark Age

Dark Arts

Ferme de Cran

Freak

Golden Angel

Gose

Infadel

La bonte Pear

Lunatic

Napoleon

Oaxacan

Pericious

Red Angel

Ricks Zwickel

What an amazing variety of flavors and styles. You will be blown away. Be the first in Philly to sample such a wide range of  Wicked Weed ? beer that is.

They are all coming in 1/6 kegs so we?ll probably serve them in 5 or 6 ounce size so more guest have a chance to taste these great beers.

slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6809 on: April 22, 2016, 04:31:47 pm »
tried to hit WF to grab Parabola which came in today but i got there too late at 12:15.  thanks, beeradvocate.

instead, i got:

1) a pour and a half growler of rye-on-rye-on-rye.  sweet baby bajeebus that stuff is awesome.  highly recommended, if you can get some.

2) a bottle of Stone's Best After 4.20.17 brett IPA, because i'm a sucker for all things Stone.

3) a DC Brau collaboration six-pack from this past weekend's 5th anniversary party.  i should have grabbed a second one, this mixer looks solid:

• Austin Beerworks (Austin, TX) ? ?Celestial Garden? India Pale Lager
    Will Golden and Adam Debower, 2 of the 4 founders of Austin Beerworks, are alum of Frederick?s Flying Dog Brewing Company along with Jeff. Both breweries opened around the same time, so the trio figured this was the perfect opportunity to collaborate on a brew. They decided to put a fun riff on the traditional India Pale Ale style with an IPL that incorporates 3 types of fruit puree to the brew.
  • Cigar City Brewing (Tampa, FL) ? ?The Wise and The Lovely? Imperial Stout
    Jeff and his team have known the boys at Cigar City for a couple of years, and have been itching to work with them on a collaboration. The name derives from a poem written by Edna St. Vincent Millay, which has dark undertones in its context that fit perfectly with the almost pitch black color of this beer. ?The Wise and the Lovely? is a strong stout brewed with lactose and cocoa nibs from Brazil.
  • Perennial Artisan Ales (St. Louis, MO) ? ?Pink Pallet Jack? Belgian-Style Saison
    Fun fact: both Perennial and DC Brau own pink pallet jacks. The similar piece of brewery equipment lends its name to their collaboration. The ?Pink Pallet Jack? takes a traditional style (Belgian-style Saison) and adds a twist with the addition of Rose Hips and Hibiscus, which will give the beer a ?pinkish? hue.
  • Port City Brewing (Alexandria, VA) ? ?Zehn von Zehn? German-Style Dunkel
    ?Zehn von Zehn? is DC Brau and Port City?s take on a traditional German-Style Dunkel. The name, which translates to ?10 by 10,? references Washington, DC?s original 10 mile by 10 mile border that included parts of Alexandria, VA. Both breweries opened their doors just weeks apart in 2011.
  • Sun King Brewing (Indianapolis, IN) ? ?Ripa the Dipa? Double IPA
    ?Ripa the Dipa,? brewed with our friends at Sun King Brewing, is a Double India Pale Ale brewed with malted and unmalted Rye. The name was strictly a working title, but everyone liked it so much, it stuck.
  • On the Wings of Armageddon
<sig>