Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241400 times)

Yada

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #6825 on: April 25, 2016, 02:56:30 pm »
Perennial Artisan Ales (St. Louis, MO) ? ?Pink Pallet Jack? Belgian-Style Saison
Fun fact: both Perennial and DC Brau own pink pallet jacks. The similar piece of brewery equipment lends its name to their collaboration. The ?Pink Pallet Jack? takes a traditional style (Belgian-style Saison) and adds a twist with the addition of Rose Hips and Hibiscus, which will give the beer a ?pinkish? hue.

This beer was kind of disgusting IMO.

Space Freely

« Reply #6826 on: April 25, 2016, 03:11:09 pm »
Perennial Artisan Ales (St. Louis, MO) ? ?Pink Pallet Jack? Belgian-Style Saison
Fun fact: both Perennial and DC Brau own pink pallet jacks. The similar piece of brewery equipment lends its name to their collaboration. The ?Pink Pallet Jack? takes a traditional style (Belgian-style Saison) and adds a twist with the addition of Rose Hips and Hibiscus, which will give the beer a ?pinkish? hue.

Have you had other beers that used Rose Hips and/or Hibiscus?

Space Freely

« Reply #6827 on: April 25, 2016, 03:12:48 pm »
when you drink a bunch of fresh Trillium and Treehouse IPAs and Aslin's Master of Karate kind of blows them all out of the water (at least ALL of the tree house beers, nipping at the heels and better than some of the Trillium brews). How exciting to have this brewery in the DC area!!
pedaled by on sunday and wanted to stop in and get a fresh MoK...but time was not on my side
Penn druid sounds awesome, really want to make a road trip out there...too bad it's not of the bike path :/

Don't remember exactly where you live, but it's 71 miles from Arlington. Would be one heck of a round trip bike ride just to make it to a brewery!

Yada

« Reply #6828 on: April 25, 2016, 03:40:38 pm »

Not that I recall.

« Reply #6829 on: April 25, 2016, 03:45:04 pm »
when you drink a bunch of fresh Trillium and Treehouse IPAs and Aslin's Master of Karate kind of blows them all out of the water (at least ALL of the tree house beers, nipping at the heels and better than some of the Trillium brews). How exciting to have this brewery in the DC area!!
pedaled by on sunday and wanted to stop in and get a fresh MoK...but time was not on my side
Penn druid sounds awesome, really want to make a road trip out there...too bad it's not of the bike path :/

Don't remember exactly where you live, but it's 71 miles from Arlington.
good... as that shouldn't be public knowledge...don't need any smut subscriptions please

Would be one heck of a round trip bike ride just to make it to a brewery!

yeah...looked at it on the map...biggest issue is lack of trails or decent roads to take out there
71 is a bit much one way....but was thinking I could drive to Warrenton and ride from there

this summer might do some stretches of the Skyline drive by bike (driving to skyline) then hitting this place when I'm done

but I don't have a problem doing a 50+ mile ride with a brewery in there
just have to stick to no more than 2 8oz pours and lots of water
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #6830 on: April 25, 2016, 03:54:22 pm »

Not that I recall.

So maybe it's a Yada doesn't like the style thing rather than that beer thing?

The Rosee Hibiscus beer from Dieu de Ciel is tasty. And my wife said we tried the Boulevard Hibiscus Gose and liked it (though I don't remember). I have tried anything from the DC Brau mix pack yet.

Anyone get the Founders Sumatra Mountain Brown? I picked up a four pack but haven't tried it yet. I don't drink coffee, but I'm generally a fan of coffee flavored beers.

Yada

« Reply #6831 on: April 25, 2016, 03:57:25 pm »

Not that I recall.

So maybe it's a Yada doesn't like the style thing rather than that beer thing?

The Rosee Hibiscus beer from Dieu de Ciel is tasty. And my wife said we tried the Boulevard Hibiscus Gose and liked it (though I don't remember). I have tried anything from the DC Brau mix pack yet.

Anyone get the Founders Sumatra Mountain Brown? I picked up a four pack but haven't tried it yet. I don't drink coffee, but I'm generally a fan of coffee flavored beers.

Quite possibly, not a huge fan of belgian saisons, but seem to know a good one when I have one. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6832 on: April 25, 2016, 05:02:08 pm »
this weekend i had 4 of the 6 beers from the DC Brau mix-pack.  only ones i haven't tried yet are the hibiscus saison and the dunkel.  the 4 i have had were all very good to excellent.  would buy this mix-pack again just based on those 4.
<sig>

« Reply #6833 on: April 26, 2016, 02:41:04 pm »
Aslin-- APR 30
Mind The Hop Release
Sat 11 AM

(local regular I met said this is the one to get)
slack

« Reply #6834 on: April 26, 2016, 03:18:27 pm »
In 2015, Virginia was among four states to see a net increase of more than 20 breweries.

https://www.porchdrinking.com/articles/2016/04/26/lake-anne-brew-house/
slack

« Reply #6835 on: April 26, 2016, 03:22:05 pm »

Now in its third year, Wicked Weed Funkatorium Invitational is a gathering of sour and wild ales from across the country featuring well established and up and coming breweries that are paving the way for sour and wild craft beer.

?We believe strongly in this craft and the cause it supports,? states Head Blender, Walt Dickinson. ?We want to be a voice moving the conversation about sour beer forward in the Southeast. Wicked Weed Funkatorium Invitational's goal is to bring breweries, who are dedicated to the craft of sour beer from all across the country into our own back yard to showcase the full potential of American barrel-aged sour and wild ales.?

*TICKETS GO ON SALE IN MAY*

Attending Breweries (Subject to Change)

10 Barrel
 Beechwood
 Black Project
 Blue Jacket
 Breakside
 Creature Comforts
 Funkwerks
 Lost Abbey
 Night Shift Brewing
 Other Half
 Perennial
 Rare Barrel
 Sante Adarius
 Scratch Breweing Co
 Transmitter Brewing
 Trintity
 TRVE
 Yazoo
 Allagash
 Almanac
 Avery
 Boulevard
 Bruery Terreux
 Burial
 Fonta Flora
 Cascade
 Crooked Stave
 Ecliptic
 Goose Island
 Green Bench
 Green Man
 Grimm
 Haw River
 Jester King
 Jolly Pumpkin
 Natty Greene's
 New Belgium
 New Holland
 Off Color
 Prairie
 Steel String
 Stone
 Trophy
 Upland
 Westbrook
 Wooden Robot
 Wrecking Bar
 Zebulon
 ... and more
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #6836 on: April 26, 2016, 04:03:16 pm »
Aslin-- APR 30
Mind The Hop Release
Sat 11 AM

It's really, really subjective and all their IPA's taste somewhat similiar...

That's their #3 for me.

brennser

« Reply #6837 on: April 26, 2016, 04:09:13 pm »
Aslin-- APR 30
Mind The Hop Release
Sat 11 AM

It's really, really subjective and all their IPA's taste somewhat similiar...

That's their #3 for me.

Master of Karate may be my fave but its splitting hairs

Excited to try Astro Zombie

« Reply #6838 on: April 26, 2016, 09:50:26 pm »
So, not sure any of you are excited about the Cap City SpingFest Mid Atlantic Beer Festival at Shirlington
I got a free pass so am going early

Just got an email of all the breweries:

CCBC Beer
Spencer Devon
Corcoran
Adventure
Ornery
Smartmouth
O?Connor
Honor
Full Tilt
Forge
Pleasure House
Heritage
Tin Cannon
Tall Tales

James River
Lost Rhino
Mad Fox
Caboose
DuClaw
Gordon Biersch
District Chophouse
Port City
Rock Bottom
Hellbender
Fair Winds
New District
3 Stars
Adroit Theory
Atlas
Starr Hill
DC Brau
Bold Rock (Cider)
Flying Dog
Heavy Seas
Old Bust Head
Devils Backbone
Copa di Vino (Wine)
Three Notch?d
Hardywood
Mustang Sally (even though I've never heard of these guys...I refuse to drink from them on principal)

So the first group of 13 I've yet to try (or even heard of these breweries)
any one have any opinions of ones are must trys?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 09:54:43 pm by SideBurnedOut 🍺 |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| 🍱 »
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6839 on: April 27, 2016, 09:27:29 am »
Picked up some Waldo yesterday.  This is my first new favorite beer in a very long time, I'll be sad to see it go.  Love the bright tangerine / mango / pineapple mashup right in the middle of all those hops.  Well balanced, hides the 12% blast.  I may have another tonight...