Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3242130 times)

walk,on,by

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #6930 on: May 17, 2016, 01:26:55 pm »
new brewery, coming to the old town walking mall, Winchester, va!!  this summer.  I think it will be called aleliscious, or something like that.

Space Freely

« Reply #6931 on: May 17, 2016, 01:56:15 pm »
Kind of had a different beer in mind tonight to pair with what I'm cooking, but realized this would be the perfect beer to serve tonight to the person I was married to 13 years ago today...might have to drink more than six ounces of beer on a Tues.

Bagley

« Reply #6932 on: May 17, 2016, 01:59:03 pm »
Happy Anniversary Space!

« Reply #6933 on: May 17, 2016, 02:19:47 pm »
Happy Anniversary Space!
yes...that woman must have a heart of gold
congrats
fitting to find a beer perfect for the ocasion
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #6934 on: May 17, 2016, 02:53:34 pm »
Happy Anniversary Space!
yes...that woman must have a heart of gold
congrats
fitting to find a beer perfect for the ocasion

Possible proof that there's somebody in the world for everybody...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6935 on: May 17, 2016, 03:34:09 pm »
WoB, mellow mushroom, downtown crown... has craft beer become so mainstream that even rockville is developing a scene?!?  all welcome new for me!

I was wondering the same about Mellow Mushroom, opening yesterday in Rockville.

MM strikes me as the Mickey-D's of craft beer: bright colors, all plastic, chintzy, very family friendly, loud.  i look forward to taking my little tykes there some day for 'za and a brew (for me), but doesn't strike me as a place that i would hang out at on my own or with buddies - unless maybe they had something amazing on tap, but MM never posts their draft list online which is a big minus for me.  sounds like they had a few issues on opening day.  i'll give the place a try but expectations are low.

Finally -

As per Downtown crown wine and beer in Ghettosburg, MD----

Big News!! Mark the date!!

Founders Brewing Company is finally coming to Maryland!

We're kicking things off in a HUGE WAY!

Friday May 27th, 5-8pm..

The official Montgomery County Launch Party & Tap Takeover!

so there.

(and LOL @ "Ghettosburg")
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6936 on: May 17, 2016, 03:41:59 pm »
I had lunch at Full On the other day.  Good food, decent beer list for MoCo.  Not sure what the evening vibe is...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6937 on: May 17, 2016, 04:23:11 pm »
I had lunch at Full On the other day.  Good food, decent beer list for MoCo.  Not sure what the evening vibe is...

we've stopped in there a few times, we live down Norbeck (towards R'ville).  love the sandwiches.  wish they had more than 4 taps, but at least they always have 4 good choices.  never been there at night.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #6938 on: May 17, 2016, 06:02:13 pm »
27>34

Yada

« Reply #6939 on: May 18, 2016, 08:53:46 am »
The Veil - Master Shredder

Have enjoyed a few cans of this over past couple of weeks. What a delicious beverage.

Light, tropical, lil' juicy... and only 5.5%. I also hope to get to this brewery by 2019.

Space Freely

« Reply #6940 on: May 18, 2016, 08:56:26 am »

Have enjoyed a few cans of this over past couple of weeks. What a delicious beverage.

Light, tropical, lil' juicy... and only 5.5%. I also hope to get to this brewery by 2019.

Dude, it's in Richmond. That's an easy day trip. Take the family to Lewis Ginter, and stop at the Veil afterwards.

Space Freely

« Reply #6941 on: May 18, 2016, 08:58:26 am »
This went extremely well with my creamy salmon pasta last night. Of course, it was the 2015 bottle for us.

Yada

« Reply #6942 on: May 18, 2016, 09:03:35 am »

Dude, it's in Richmond. That's an easy day trip. Take the family to Lewis Ginter, and stop at the Veil afterwards.

We typically don't plan our activities around brewery visits, but I will keep this in my back pocket!

Space Freely

« Reply #6943 on: May 18, 2016, 09:04:15 am »
WoB, mellow mushroom, downtown crown... has craft beer become so mainstream that even rockville is developing a scene?!?  all welcome new for me!

I was wondering the same about Mellow Mushroom, opening yesterday in Rockville.

MM strikes me as the Mickey-D's of craft beer: bright colors, all plastic, chintzy, very family friendly, loud.  i look forward to taking my little tykes there some day for 'za and a brew (for me), but doesn't strike me as a place that i would hang out at on my own or with buddies - unless maybe they had something amazing on tap, but MM never posts their draft list online which is a big minus for me.  sounds like they had a few issues on opening day.  i'll give the place a try but expectations are low.

Finally -

As per Downtown crown wine and beer in Ghettosburg, MD----

Big News!! Mark the date!!

Founders Brewing Company is finally coming to Maryland!

We're kicking things off in a HUGE WAY!

Friday May 27th, 5-8pm..

The official Montgomery County Launch Party & Tap Takeover!

so there.

(and LOL @ "Ghettosburg")

I *wish* we had a Mellow Mushroom around the corner from us. It was always our after-race place after running the Charlottesville Marathon, back in the day. Great prices on pitchers of craft beer (I remember Founders Centennial and Oskar Blues Gubna)...so nothing special but always many solid choices...and some interesting pizzas...

Instead, we have a Yards at the newly revamped mall (right next to Dave and Busters!), and a totally dismal Ledo's Pizza (that serves craft beer but it's so bleak that it's best to do takeout, when your kid is insisting on Ledo's.)

Space Freely

« Reply #6944 on: May 18, 2016, 09:06:10 am »

We typically don't plan our activities around brewery visits, but I will keep this in my back pocket!

Well you're planning your visit around Lewis Ginter,  the VMFA, and Maymont. If you just happen to stumble across a great brewery, you kind of have to sto, don't you?  ;)