Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241527 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #7155 on: July 27, 2016, 01:47:23 pm »

Let me know where you can afford to live on 64k a year in DC.
well get your point on that
but think if you didn't spend $100 a week on good beer
and travel is a part...so I could only imagine that you'd be visiting breweries all over the country on the SI dime

So I agree one could not live (and raise a family) in dc on that salary alone, but say your SO had a good 6 figure job...that'd be adequate

but be a buzz kill

DOOOD... I still think it's a cool job, just not feasible unless.... you have a trust fund, live in a group house, or Nebraska... or maybe you're under 25 with no dependents... or live 80 miles west of DC.

Are you telling me the people who clean my office or the people who work at the Walmart down the street from my office, some of whom I'm sure have families, make 64K a year?

Yada

« Reply #7156 on: July 27, 2016, 01:48:06 pm »
There are entire swaths of the country on which 64k a year for a single person is -- while not wealthy by any means -- good money you can buy a house and a new car and put cash away for retirement on. In fact, I'd say places where that is not the case are really the exception, not the rule.

Absolutely, and I wish I lived in one of those places.

Yada

« Reply #7157 on: July 27, 2016, 01:49:09 pm »

Let me know where you can afford to live on 64k a year in DC.
well get your point on that
but think if you didn't spend $100 a week on good beer
and travel is a part...so I could only imagine that you'd be visiting breweries all over the country on the SI dime

So I agree one could not live (and raise a family) in dc on that salary alone, but say your SO had a good 6 figure job...that'd be adequate

but be a buzz kill

DOOOD... I still think it's a cool job, just not feasible unless.... you have a trust fund, live in a group house, or Nebraska... or maybe you're under 25 with no dependents... or live 80 miles west of DC.

Are you telling me the people who clean my office or the people who work at the Walmart down the street from my office, some of whom I'm sure have families, make 64K a year?

Quit trollin.. but that cleaning person prob lives out by walky, in a low income apt, or a group house of 12 people.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #7158 on: July 27, 2016, 01:52:13 pm »
I'm more concerned with what these Walmart workers and janitors BMIs are.
LVMH

« Reply #7159 on: July 27, 2016, 03:25:07 pm »
it's fake, but it's funny

slack

Bagley

« Reply #7160 on: July 27, 2016, 04:42:11 pm »
Anyone try the Southern Tier Cherry Gose?  They call it an Imperial Sour Ale (8.3%)

Unsanity

« Reply #7161 on: July 28, 2016, 04:55:22 am »
Anyone try the Southern Tier Cherry Gose?  They call it an Imperial Sour Ale (8.3%)

Sounds right up my alley. I shall be on the look out.

« Reply #7162 on: July 28, 2016, 10:20:41 am »
ok for those with kids who want to go to dinner/drinks but don't want to drop $60 or more on a babysitter

http://kidfriendlydc.com/2016/07/28/kidfree-babysitting-compliments-of-chime-neighborhood-restaurant-group/

You can try it out for FREE now through Labor Day. All you have to do is sign up for the service, and the first time you use it, enter the code NRG to receive four hours of babysitting credits ? that?s a $60 value! There?s no charge to register, and it?s subscription free. When you use the service beyond the first time, you just pay a flat hourly rate based on the average cost of babysitting in DC ($15).

. Current businesses include Iron Gate, Birch & Barley, ChurchKey, EatBar, Evening Star, Vermilion, Rustico, Red Apron, Buzz Bakery, Planet Wine, Bluejacket, Columbia Firehouse, B Side, The Sovereign, and Hazel.
slack

Yada

« Reply #7163 on: July 28, 2016, 10:21:54 am »
Two recent #porchbombs

Trillium in cans may be the best thing to happen to beerz in 2016!

« Reply #7164 on: July 28, 2016, 11:11:39 am »
I seriously low balled my estimate that you spend $100 a week on beer
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7165 on: July 28, 2016, 11:16:16 am »
Two recent #porchbombs

sweet haul, brah.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #7166 on: July 28, 2016, 11:28:19 am »
ok for those with kids who want to go to dinner/drinks but don't want to drop $60 or more on a babysitter

http://kidfriendlydc.com/2016/07/28/kidfree-babysitting-compliments-of-chime-neighborhood-restaurant-group/

You can try it out for FREE now through Labor Day. All you have to do is sign up for the service, and the first time you use it, enter the code NRG to receive four hours of babysitting credits ? that?s a $60 value! There?s no charge to register, and it?s subscription free. When you use the service beyond the first time, you just pay a flat hourly rate based on the average cost of babysitting in DC ($15).

. Current businesses include Iron Gate, Birch & Barley, ChurchKey, EatBar, Evening Star, Vermilion, Rustico, Red Apron, Buzz Bakery, Planet Wine, Bluejacket, Columbia Firehouse, B Side, The Sovereign, and Hazel.

I'm pretty sure you can go to any of those places for dinner and drinks with your kids.

« Reply #7167 on: July 28, 2016, 11:38:51 am »

I'm pretty sure you can go to any of those places for dinner and drinks with your kids.
no shit Sherlock
but some normal people like to enjoy a nice dinner with out their kids
I know you don't fit in that normal category so you are excluded from this offer

« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 12:15:17 pm by Sidehatch |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| 🍺 👻 »
slack

Yada

« Reply #7168 on: July 28, 2016, 11:45:27 am »

You sir, are incorrect.

« Reply #7169 on: July 28, 2016, 12:16:02 pm »

You sir, are incorrect.
that porch bomb was easily $200+ worth of beer
slack