Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3241422 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #10290 on: March 03, 2021, 11:20:50 am »
$120 for a 12pack...sounds right in my price range

saw this in there
Russian River Brewing Co. (Windsor, California)
Double Dry-Hopped Pliny the Elder (Two Stage Double Dry Hopped Double IPA); 8%; 16oz can

LOL at their Mid-Atlantic beer choice.

Space Freely

« Reply #10291 on: March 03, 2021, 11:25:12 am »
Got added to Legends' distro this week.  Need to get me some Zombie Dust.

How recently have you had it?

I got a pack in upstate New York right after they started distributing it there in September. Probably as good as it's always been, but kind of pales in comparison when you're on a steady diet of Other Half and Tree House (or Triple Crossing, or Veil, etc.) Probably about as good as the Lagunitas Born Yesterday I bought at the same time.

Of course, if you've never had it, at least trying it is a must.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #10292 on: March 03, 2021, 11:25:21 am »
Astrolab
Silver Branch
Diamondback
Cushwa
Burley Oak/Sapwood tied for 5th

You and Space listed many of the really good ones.  Listing a top 3 (Sapwood, Burley, Elder Pine) is easy.  After that not so much.  There are a handful that I really enjoy but am reluctant to say are among the very best MD has to offer. RAR used to be one of them but they've taken a few steps backwards of late. Diamondback, Astro, Cushwa, Checkerspot, Nepenthe and a few others fall into that category.

Checkerspot and Silver Branch have definitely come along.  Didn't care for either of them at first.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #10293 on: March 03, 2021, 11:28:42 am »

Been a few years, for sure. Your comment does make me think but I enjoyed the hell out of it previously.

Starting to wonder whether a steady diet of juice bombs has wrecked my palate so I've started backing off of them a bit. Even Pliniy might taste "off" at this point.

Yada

« Reply #10294 on: March 03, 2021, 11:38:13 am »

Been a few years, for sure. Your comment does make me think but I enjoyed the hell out of it previously.

Starting to wonder whether a steady diet of juice bombs has wrecked my palate so I've started backing off of them a bit. Even Pliniy might taste "off" at this point.

What you said... also good to back off for the sake of your belly.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #10295 on: March 03, 2021, 01:34:20 pm »
That, too. 

Space Freely

« Reply #10296 on: March 04, 2021, 12:34:10 pm »
After all the trips I've made to the Three Floyds Brewpub it pick up Zombie Dust, I never dreamed I'd be able to drive to Total Wine here in VA and get it, but that i did yesterday.

The reason this will probably only be a one time purchase....the cans are dated, but they are in packaging where you can't read the can date. I knew the first batch would be relatively fresh (2/18), but in the future, who knows when the cans will be from.

And Zombie Dust drops off quickly.

Yada

« Reply #10297 on: March 04, 2021, 01:06:12 pm »
Hops really fall off in 48 hrs.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #10298 on: March 04, 2021, 01:08:05 pm »
Have you had any yet? DTC had ZD but I was busy with work and didn't check it out in time.   

Cigar City did the same thing.  When I was in FL I'd pick up Jai Alai cans dated within a week. They've since boxed them and made that impossible.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10299 on: March 04, 2021, 02:33:25 pm »
Cigar City did the same thing.  When I was in FL I'd pick up Jai Alai cans dated within a week. They've since boxed them and made that impossible.

CC is one of the few craft breweries that my local grocery carries that doesn't date-stamp the outside of their boxes.   i'd be willing to pick some up every now and then if i could figure out how fresh it was... but since i can't, i don't.
<sig>

brennser

« Reply #10300 on: March 04, 2021, 03:47:04 pm »
After all the trips I've made to the Three Floyds Brewpub it pick up Zombie Dust, I never dreamed I'd be able to drive to Total Wine here in VA and get it, but that i did yesterday.

The reason this will probably only be a one time purchase....the cans are dated, but they are in packaging where you can't read the can date. I knew the first batch would be relatively fresh (2/18), but in the future, who knows when the cans will be from.

There is dating on the ZD packages

« Reply #10301 on: March 04, 2021, 04:18:30 pm »
for those close to Arlington, The Brewshop has Zombie Dust on tap in 32 oz crowlers to go
not sure when they got the kegs
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #10302 on: March 04, 2021, 04:37:35 pm »

There is dating on the ZD packages

Took me a minute, but found it. Thanks. There's a lot going on with the packaging graphics. Wonder if the aforementioned Jai Alai has the same?

Haven't had one yet. Good beer to take on a hike, and next week's looking like hiking weather.

Space Freely

« Reply #10303 on: March 04, 2021, 04:38:56 pm »
for those close to Arlington, The Brewshop has Zombie Dust on tap in 32 oz crowlers to go
not sure when they got the kegs

I think i saw somewhere else in VA getting a keg, so this sounds reasonable.

Yada

« Reply #10304 on: March 04, 2021, 06:07:08 pm »
#triggerwarning