Author Topic: Live in the Age of Covid19  (Read 105150 times)

Re: Live in the Age of Covid19
« Reply #645 on: March 04, 2021, 12:54:47 pm »
AMA= Ask Me Anything
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #646 on: March 04, 2021, 01:13:13 pm »
i dropped a keyword that i'm often guilty of

I was WONDERING what was happening with the Save Our Stages act, since I haven't been following to closely but hearing rumblings about it.  there was also SOME clause in it that seemingly made many venues ineligible due to a requirement of having only fixed seating
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #647 on: March 04, 2021, 01:39:14 pm »
AMA= Ask Me Anything

Oh ok.. for a second I thought he was doing the American Music Awards..

hutch

« Reply #648 on: March 04, 2021, 01:44:48 pm »

I was WONDERING what was happening with the Save Our Stages act, since I haven't been following to closely but hearing rumblings about it.  there was also SOME clause in it that seemingly made many venues ineligible due to a requirement of having only fixed seating

I am pretty sure venues like the 930 and Black Cat are covered but until the signature is on the bill....

If clubs without permanent seating weren’t covered the NIVA would be letting us know about it 24-7

I just hope clubs get what they need soon

Some clubs I get how they survive (if you don’t have high fixed costs for rent) but others am not sure how they manage

If I was asked to pay rent for 12 months for a building I couldn’t use I am pretty sure I would be out of business

It’s a testament to many club owners and operators (and some landlords?) that few seem to have thrown in the towel.. they must really love what they do

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #649 on: March 04, 2021, 01:47:44 pm »
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #650 on: March 04, 2021, 01:53:15 pm »

I am pretty sure venues like the 930 and Black Cat are covered but until the signature is on the bill....

If clubs without permanent seating weren’t covered the NIVA would be letting us know about it 24-7

I just hope clubs get what they need soon

Some clubs I get how they survive (if you don’t have high fixed costs for rent) but others am not sure how they manage

If I was asked to pay rent for 12 months for a building I couldn’t use I am pretty sure I would be out of business

It’s a testament to many club owners and operators (and some landlords?) that few seem to have thrown in the towel.. they must really love what they do

I sometimes wonder if Seth didn't have his little (no pun intended) kerfuffle if we'd be hearing more from him not only here but in the public regarding fighting for what's right in this industry.

hutch

« Reply #651 on: March 04, 2021, 01:54:54 pm »
Yes well Julian has a way of making people feel welcome even in their own home....

As far as the bigger battle *

With NIVA it seems like Minneapolis First Avenue club took the top leadership post but the 930 representative leads the PR

It really wouldn’t do to have DC lead the effort from top... you know the bias against DC being swampy / inside the beltway etc

*just spitballing

But Seth is on the board regular now so just reach out to him.   Hi Seth! Miss ya and the clubs! It’s killing me!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 02:14:36 pm by hutch »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #652 on: March 04, 2021, 03:13:34 pm »
New York to Allow Limited Live Performances to Resume in April
The state will allow plays, concerts and other performances to start again April 2 for audiences of up to 100 people indoors, or 200 outdoors.

again, the economics of such a small audience are going to be challenging... especially in NYC.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #653 on: March 18, 2021, 02:55:20 am »
All-star Mick Fleetwood & Friends concert celebrating the music of Peter Green to be streamed online
The one-off concert saw Fleetwood team up with Kirk Hammett, Pete Townshend, John Mayall, David Gilmour and Billy Gibbons to pay tribute to the late guitar great

For more info and to see the concert's feature-packed setlist, head over to Mick Fleetwood & Friends (in addition to the above link)
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #654 on: March 19, 2021, 04:51:57 pm »
Seriously considering this - 4K on an AppleTV might be worth it.  I can only assume their music quality is at least 5.1 surround....
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #655 on: March 26, 2021, 08:11:41 am »
The Decemberists
@TheDecemberists
Announcing: TWENTY (OR TWENTY ONE) YEARS BEFORE THE MAST: THE INTERNET CONCERTS!  Three special shows, each with their own unique setlist that span our entire career, happening on April 11, 18, 25. Tickets for individual shows and bundles available now. https://bit.ly/2Pr9O9R

https://twitter.com/TheDecemberists/status/1375137190280273925?s=20

$65 for all three shows or $135 VIP 3-Show Pass (included Q&A plus additional songs)

shows available for two weeks to stream.. which gets a big thumbs up from me...
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #656 on: March 26, 2021, 08:42:33 am »
There is also this happening on the weekend... tempted by the Lightening Seeds show, doubtful they'll ever tour the US at this point

https://twitter.com/TheNWRA_/status/1374293157643497474?s=20
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #657 on: March 26, 2021, 09:05:05 am »
The Decemberists
@TheDecemberists
Announcing: TWENTY (OR TWENTY ONE) YEARS BEFORE THE MAST: THE INTERNET CONCERTS!  Three special shows, each with their own unique setlist that span our entire career, happening on April 11, 18, 25. Tickets for individual shows and bundles available now. https://bit.ly/2Pr9O9R

https://twitter.com/TheDecemberists/status/1375137190280273925?s=20

$65 for all three shows or $135 VIP 3-Show Pass (included Q&A plus additional songs)

shows available for two weeks to stream.. which gets a big thumbs up from me...

This seems REALLY expensive

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #658 on: March 26, 2021, 11:04:16 am »
Ridiculously expensive given all of the low $ shows available the past year. Maybe they're trying to get some while all the thousandaires still have money/

...to each their own.

Yada

« Reply #659 on: March 26, 2021, 12:33:38 pm »
Ridiculously expensive given all of the low $ shows available the past year. Maybe they're trying to get some while all the thousandaires still have money/

...to each their own.

Not to mention Terrible band