:)
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

hutch

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #1969 on: September 04, 2013, 01:50:23 pm »
http://www.upworthy.com/a-pastor-asks-a-politician-why-he-supports-gay-marriage-it-seems-he-wasnt-prepared-for-his-reply

Here you go.

Beautifully done.

that is good..very good and I shared it on my facebook

the only thing I find myself needing to add is that I think this division of people into gay and straight is silly.. i think we all or at least an overwhelming majority have the capacity to love anybody if we only allow ourselves...Gore Vidal has written a lot about that and I happen to agree with him...  putting people into box 1 or box 2 is beyond simplistic and silly...sexuality and love is far more complex...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1970 on: September 04, 2013, 01:52:38 pm »
one.
the only thing I find myself needing to add is that I think this division of people into gay and straight is silly.. i think we all or at least an overwhelming majority have the capacity to love anybody if we only allow ourselves...Gore Vidal has written a lot about that and I happen to agree with him...  putting people into box 1 or box 2 is beyond simplistic and silly...sexuality and love is far more complex...
Samantha on S&TC made a similar point saying in a generation no one will identify as gay or straight, they'll just be in love with individuals.

If I remember correctly it was season 4, episode 4 "What's Sex Got to Do with It?," although it could have possibly been episode 5 "Ghost Town."
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 01:54:35 pm by Julian, Former Weblebrity »
LVMH

killsaly

« Reply #1971 on: September 04, 2013, 04:51:25 pm »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1972 on: September 04, 2013, 05:36:11 pm »
you know, as a gay person, one of the few gay people, i think, discussing this topic, you know, about gay people, here and now . . . thinks, oh you know this is going to be good.  this gay person loves it when straight people wrap their disbelief in the fact that yes, you can love, you can not hate as an viable option.  so fascinating to see.  so human zoo like, where people are studied and learned of, the way that extraterrestrial people study us.  god, i love extraterrestrial people.  why do people run so fast from love.  i know hate is easier, the way a frown is easier than the effort to show that smile.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1973 on: September 04, 2013, 06:08:57 pm »
gay people will always be hated, by some.  the way black people will always be hated, by some.  the way jewish and muslim people will always be hated, by some.  the way women and children, will always be hated by some.  and they will be killed, sometimes, due to that some kind of hate.  hatred is so strong, so natural.  are we born with it, or do we learn it.  the extraterrestrial people have yet to figure such things out.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1974 on: September 04, 2013, 08:12:56 pm »
Jajaja he said extraterrestrial 'people'.  Dontcha know by now we prefer the term squafloobertinians?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1975 on: September 05, 2013, 08:04:03 am »
Holey Moley did anyone else see the first episode of the newest Luther Series  :o  WOW
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1976 on: September 05, 2013, 07:51:15 pm »
No one else is watching Luther?  This series is at the level of The Wire and Breaking Bad. Brilliant writing, acting and production.  Seriously damaged lead character played by Idris Elba investigating serious screwed up criminals.
T.Rex

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1977 on: September 05, 2013, 11:18:03 pm »
No one else is watching Luther?  This series is at the level of The Wire and Breaking Bad. Brilliant writing, acting and production.  Seriously damaged lead character played by Idris Elba investigating serious screwed up criminals.
I've never even heard of this show. What network is it on?
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1978 on: September 06, 2013, 07:44:44 am »
I've never even heard of this show. What network is it on?

It's a BBC production that BBCAmerica is currently showing the latest four episode series of it.  Might be able to catch on the repeats, as they showed all four episodes in a row this time around. Like many BBC series, Luther is in third go around of 6 and 4 show sets. 
T.Rex

stevewizzle

« Reply #1979 on: September 06, 2013, 08:44:29 am »

i watch.

that show rules.

gotta get caught up with breaking bad, broadchurch, and ray donovan before i dive into the new luther series though.