Author Topic: 2013 Albums  (Read 208764 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: 2013 Albums
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2013, 10:46:08 am »
This is as adorable as it is deplorable. Lefsetz is a reasonably smart guy in the music industry but this is just laughably and sickeningly arrogant.

David Bowie

Yesterday?s news.

I?m not talking about the man himself so much as his new track, his new album? A circle jerk publicity campaign that the old wave ate up and we?ve already moved on from. I mean how can someone who used to get it so right, who was on the bleeding edge, get it so wrong?

This is the guy who did Berlin/electronic before most people had a clue who Eno was and did the Bowie Bonds deal and now he signs with Sony and puts out a new album and the sycophantic press hypes it and drives those who care, who aren?t that many, hell there are only 29,359 views on Vevo as I write this, to the video which features a song so dirgey and so mediocre as to tarnish his entire legacy, if he hadn?t been doing that himself for decades.

How come these oldsters don?t get it? They made music that lasted forever, now they just want to play for a day. Employ the old school publicity paradigm on steroids which is ignored by everybody but the aforementioned sycophants who think we?re still living in 1974.

Bowie, want to get it right?

Do it the Mumford way.

(cont.)
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2013, 10:56:03 am »
I guess old Bob doesn't understand how viral actually works.  Because on my twitter feed, with lots of like minded individuals, there is plenty of excitement about the single and the forthcoming album.  Buzz created for free, kinda like how we post on the 9:30 club stuff on the forum for free :)
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2013, 10:58:09 am »
This is as adorable as it is deplorable. Lefsetz is a reasonably smart guy in the music industry but this is just laughably and sickeningly arrogant.

David Bowie

Yesterday?s news.

I?m not talking about the man himself so much as his new track, his new album? A circle jerk publicity campaign that the old wave ate up and we?ve already moved on from. I mean how can someone who used to get it so right, who was on the bleeding edge, get it so wrong?

This is the guy who did Berlin/electronic before most people had a clue who Eno was and did the Bowie Bonds deal and now he signs with Sony and puts out a new album and the sycophantic press hypes it and drives those who care, who aren?t that many, hell there are only 29,359 views on Vevo as I write this, to the video which features a song so dirgey and so mediocre as to tarnish his entire legacy, if he hadn?t been doing that himself for decades.

How come these oldsters don?t get it? They made music that lasted forever, now they just want to play for a day. Employ the old school publicity paradigm on steroids which is ignored by everybody but the aforementioned sycophants who think we?re still living in 1974.

Do it the Mumford way.

(cont.)

Yeah I read this yesterday and was pretty ticked..

For a second I thought he might be Atomicfront

;D

The main thing is he didn't realize the video had been seen on Youtube over 2 million times not a few thousand on VIMEO! He corrected himself this morning on that point...

Bob comes off as the cranky old out of touch man he writes about!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2013, 11:01:11 am »
 ;D
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2013, 11:04:26 am »
Uh. Hm...

http://www.qotsa.com/

FYI a new Hello=Fire album would be greater than a new QOSTA one :)
T.Rex

Yada

« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2013, 11:33:45 am »

David Bowie

Yesterday?s news.

Do it the Mumford way.

(cont.)

did atomicfront write that?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2013, 11:57:41 am »
Uh. Hm...

http://www.qotsa.com/

FYI a new Hello=Fire album would be greater than a new QOSTA one :)
Not to me! But I hope you enjoy whoever that band is  ;D
‼‼?‼‼

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2013, 12:24:35 pm »
hello=fire

Dean Fertita - vocals, guitar, keyboard
    Brendan Benson - bass, vocals, guitar
    Michael Horrigan - drums
    Joey Castillo - drums
    Troy Van Leeuwen - bass
    Michael Shuman - bass, vocals
T.Rex

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2013, 02:15:55 pm »
Dang! How I never heard of them!? I'll look them up immediately...

I'm a big fan of anything new that Brendon Benson is involved in let alone Dean, Joey, Troy and Mikey!
‼‼?‼‼

atomicfront

« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2013, 02:36:15 pm »

David Bowie

Yesterday?s news.

Do it the Mumford way.

(cont.)

did atomicfront write that?

No I didn't listen to the new Bowie song because I figured it was awful.  And the Brian Eno comment is silly.  Because I am pretty sure millions of people knew who Eno was before he produced a few overrated bowie albums.  Eno's first solo album wasn't bad and has the song "Needles in the Camel's Eye" which is pretty good.  Plus he was in mutha f'in roxy music.   Both of the albums he played on were top 10 in the UK. 

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2013, 05:14:06 pm »
Justin Timberlake  :o :o :o :o :o :o
T.Rex

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #86 on: January 11, 2013, 10:54:13 am »
I heard a song should be release sometime this weekend?

I'm excited. Timberlake & Timbaland = dance magic.
‼‼?‼‼

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #87 on: January 11, 2013, 11:01:41 am »
More goodness headed our way

Per the twitter from David Holmes

"Just listened to the new freshly sequenced & mastered primal scream lp! Very Happy!"

also new Charles Bradley out on Daptones April 2nd
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2013, 01:03:21 pm »
I heard a song should be release sometime this weekend?

I'm excited. Timberlake & Timbaland = dance magic.

"Suit and Tie", listen here: http://www.buzzfeed.com/perpetua/justin-timberlakes-suit-and-tie-is-here-and-it

opening is weird, but give it ~20 seconds to settle into what i'd expect from the combo... then it peters out a bit.  jay-z cameo.  heavy R&B influence.

"Get ready to hear this song at every dance, prom, wedding reception, and miscellaneous formal event for the rest of your life."
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 01:06:15 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

K8teebug

« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2013, 01:05:30 pm »
I like it!