Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1179529 times)

atomic

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #3360 on: May 01, 2014, 11:54:31 am »
it's a shame Station Masters has gone offline, it was like the only website where one could easily get maps of where the actual exits were out of the stations online. 

Does this make sense to anyone.

through deductive reasoning I have come to the conclusion that there must have been a website at one point that noted where exits were located in metro stations.

Metro Stations?  Him that was really hard to get.  I was thinking service stations or radio stations.   Never crossed my mind that he meant Subways stops. 

stevewizzle

« Reply #3361 on: May 01, 2014, 01:14:25 pm »
it's real easy to win POTW when you award it to yourself

i never knew, it was, a competition.

why else would we come here?

also: why do you use so many commas? i have, a theory about it, but i want, to hear you out first.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3362 on: May 01, 2014, 01:18:44 pm »
it's real easy to win POTW when you award it to yourself

i never knew, it was, a competition.

why else would we come here?

also: why do you use so many commas? i have, a theory about it, but i want, to hear you out first.
My pet theory is that Walkie is William Shatner and he's using some sort of perceptive voice-to-text program for some reason. It actually would explain a lot.
LVMH

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3363 on: May 01, 2014, 01:20:42 pm »
i write as if i am speaking, with pause in places, whether for a dramatic chance to catch my mental breathe, or to make the sentence structure take on a life of being more digestible.  if one stops long enough, for the mind to catch up to what they are comprehending from what they are reading, then somehow, the words mean so much more as they attempt to hold your attention; otherwise, they drift off into . . . oh who really gives a shit.

im dying, to know, your theory.

stevewizzle

« Reply #3364 on: May 01, 2014, 02:55:53 pm »
a long time ago i concluded that you were christopher walken.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3365 on: May 01, 2014, 03:13:13 pm »
I just feel like Shatner has a better chance of being a homosexual. Walken seems like a poon hound.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #3366 on: May 01, 2014, 03:31:38 pm »
I am bored. 3 more hours of work which seems like forever.  I should have gotten "sick" and went to the O's doubleheader.  I would start some threads to amuse myself but you guys dont' seem to appreciate them. 

James Ford

« Reply #3367 on: May 01, 2014, 03:40:07 pm »
I jogged to the 9:30 Club and bought a Camera Obscura ticket today at lunch.

Four miles round trip, a week after kyphoplasty to repair my fractured vertebrae.

Best money I've spend in awhile (for the back procedure, we'll see about the ticket).

atomic

« Reply #3368 on: May 01, 2014, 03:44:54 pm »

Four miles round trip, a week after kyphoplasty to repair my fractured vertebrae.

Best money I've spend in awhile (for the back procedure, we'll see about the ticket).

Maybe your jogging is what made your back weak in the first place.  I swam 24 laps, did a hot-tub, and relaxed in the sauna at lunch.  My lunch sounds better than yours.  I saw Camera Obscura at the 930 club years ago.

James Ford

« Reply #3369 on: May 01, 2014, 03:55:49 pm »
My back was fine.  Then I broke my vertebrae sledding. I continued running with a broken vertebrae, and that messed up other parts of my back. Then I got the vertebrae fixed, and now the other parts are improving.

So in a way you are wrong and you are right. The running didn't  weaken my back and leave me susceptible to a traumatic injury. Other than perhaps my negligence of core exercises in favor of running all the time. It was the running AFTER the injury that made things worse.

I've always loved Camera Obscura on record, but have always thought they'd be boring live. Are they? But Laura Cantrell is opening (another potential snoozer, but I've seen her and she wasn't) and it's only $20 on a Friday night, so what the hell.

Maybe your jogging is what made your back weak in the first place.  I swam 24 laps, did a hot-tub, and relaxed in the sauna at lunch.  My lunch sounds better than yours.  I saw Camera Obscura at the 930 club years ago.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3370 on: May 01, 2014, 04:14:52 pm »
im not sure what it better . . . being captain kirk, or being the wolf.

stevewizzle

« Reply #3371 on: May 01, 2014, 05:14:20 pm »
I just feel like Shatner has a better chance of being a homosexual. Walken seems like a poon hound.

first you steal my my celebrity theory thunder, and now you want to rub it in my face that yours is a more realistic choice.

>:(

atomic

« Reply #3372 on: May 07, 2014, 03:36:05 pm »
I played Raquetball at lunch today. It is more exhausting than Basketball. 

stevewizzle

« Reply #3373 on: May 07, 2014, 04:18:49 pm »

do you work next to a gym?

racquetball is intense.

atomic

« Reply #3374 on: May 07, 2014, 04:28:48 pm »

do you work next to a gym?

racquetball is intense.

Yeah Gym is right next door.    Pretty nice, swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, raquetball courts, basketball courts.  We have been playing Basketball outside as not everyone is a member of the gym though and we probably would be embarrased to play next to people who actually play at a high level.