Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2126786 times)

hutch

Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #5340 on: April 22, 2016, 07:52:16 am »
Prince- Sign of the Times.... i have a nice copy of this one with the shrink and huge blue heart sticker... heck of a double album

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5341 on: April 22, 2016, 08:52:26 am »
Prince - Chaos and Disorder
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5342 on: April 22, 2016, 09:36:31 am »
Madhouse - 8
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #5343 on: April 22, 2016, 12:31:46 pm »
27>34

killsaly

« Reply #5344 on: April 22, 2016, 08:26:27 pm »
The Winstons - the Winstons
https://thewinstons.bandcamp.com/releases

I was originally checking this out because I thought it was THE Winstons, aka the Amen Break band... but it is not.  This band is a new prog/psychedelic band from Italy, who I suppose do not know how to google to see if their name was original.  Or maybe it doesn't matter if the bands are separated by oceans and decades.  Anyway, this sounds like something my dad would love.  (I like it too).  The organs and vocals and production is what I am digging...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 08:29:42 pm by killsaly »

killsaly

« Reply #5345 on: April 22, 2016, 09:04:34 pm »
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 09:06:25 pm by killsaly »

killsaly

« Reply #5346 on: April 22, 2016, 11:21:36 pm »
2016 Candlebox.  Yikes.  Just bad.  The verses would be promising and then the shittiest chorus sneaks right up and shits all over the song.

Palate cleanser:
Wytch Hazel - Prelude
https://badomenrecords.bandcamp.com/album/prelude

Kind of 70s hard rock, new wave of British heavy metal...

Edit; with medieval themed lyrics... This might be the best album of 2016. 

Look at these dudes...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 11:27:43 pm by killsaly »

killsaly

« Reply #5347 on: April 23, 2016, 02:10:12 am »
Skold - the Undoing
New jams from KMFDM etc multi-instrumentalist

bob72

« Reply #5348 on: April 23, 2016, 10:23:40 pm »
Mudhoney Superfuzz Big Muff

Most amazing album ever, Sliding in and out of grace is just pure genius

« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 10:29:37 pm by bob72 »
PENIS

killsaly

« Reply #5349 on: April 24, 2016, 12:24:49 pm »
I wish my Big Muff Pi worked right now... One of the connections went bad.  I bought a new connector but never fixed it; even though I have a soldering iron, I do not really know how to use it.. I used to use it as my main fuzz but it was replaced by a Dwevi Ever Rocket and a DBA Fuzz War (I also have a Devi Ever Shoegazer but left it off my pedal board cause 3 fuzzes seemed excessive). 

I am now also listening to Super Fuzz Big Muff (2008 2 disc deluxe version)... 

killsaly

« Reply #5350 on: April 24, 2016, 01:30:53 pm »
Aborted - Retrogore

killsaly

killsaly

« Reply #5352 on: April 24, 2016, 03:26:10 pm »
I am finally getting around to listening to the final, postmortem release by Baltimore psych rockers, Sri Aurobindo, that came out about a week ago.  I always enjoyed seeing them live... RIP.

https://friendsrecords.bandcamp.com/album/psychic-process

Friends Records release statement:
We have a surprise for everyone today. Even though the band hasn't been a band since Mid-2014, they did manage to record one last record before disolving. Today, we here at Friends Records bring you the final piece to the Sri Aurobindo puzzle. I have been listening to it for over a year now and it is by far my favorite thing that they ever did. It is the culmination of everything learned and studied over the course of their time as a functioning musical unit. Recorded by Christopher Freeland at Beat Babies Recording Studio and mastered by his brother Mickey Freeland, the album finally captures the freedom that the band found in their live performances. Heady, meandering interludes give ways to songs full of blasting energy.

For those unaware of the band, Sri Aurobindo started in Baltimore sometime around 2007. I worked with Brandon Carlo Arinoldo and Mike Romano at The Sound Garden. Mike had just left VINCENT BLACK SHADOW and started playing with Brandon, Michael Furniere and Daniel Chenault. They started playing alot of shows around Baltimore and building a name for themselves. They self released their first records, the self titled "Sri Aurobindo" and its follow up "Return To Earth". It was right around this point that Brett Yale and I started planning Friends Records. We knew that Sri had just finished recording what would become "Cave Painting" and we made plans to release it. "Cave Painting" came out on vinyl (FR002) in July of 2010.

If you didn't catch one of their breathtaking live shows during this time, I am truly sorry. You missed out on something so creatively authentic and what it truly means to pay tribute to a sound or style without ripping it off. Most people through the word psychedelic around pretty nonchalantly. I take it very serious. So did Sri Aurobindo.

Today we are releasing this new and final Sri Aurobindo record entitled "Psychic Process" on cassette w/ download code (FRCS090) through our Bandcamp and digitally around the world. You can find the record free to listen to below as well as on all of your favorite digital streaming sources, iTunes, Amazon.com, Spotify, etc.

Please get in the right head space and then hit play below
smile emoticon
It's a bit of a bummer that the band doesn't exist anymore but at least they left us with this incredible puzzle to put together for years to come. Thanks so much Brandon, Danny, Mike and Mike. You guys made a huge impact on me and you left your mark on this town. It is a real pleasure to be able to present this to the world today and I appreciate you allowing me to.

dyecraig

« Reply #5353 on: April 24, 2016, 08:19:21 pm »

prince - the black album

hutch

« Reply #5354 on: April 24, 2016, 08:30:07 pm »

prince - the black album

I have that.. pretty sure its a bootleg but its a good vinyl bootleg.. so good I was hoping it was the original legit Euro issue that filtered out before it was cancelled.. but no

I was listening to that yesterday.. today I listened to the Sign o the times 12"....and the first side of 1999...yesterday I was listening to the Ultimate Prince.. the first disc.. I had forgotten he had recorded Nothing Compares 2 u