Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2121152 times)

hutch

Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #6690 on: March 20, 2017, 02:55:40 pm »
I picked up an Incubus CD this weekend for, like, 25 cents, never having listened to the band ever.  I was transported back to the 90's for as long as I was able to bear it.

sounds painful

to me the 90s are not incubus or any of that crap

hutch

« Reply #6691 on: March 20, 2017, 03:03:12 pm »
The Time- What Time is It?

Yada

« Reply #6692 on: March 20, 2017, 03:05:47 pm »
dude, there's like 30,000 shows available from the 60s and 70s.. why bother with 91?

i have some good ones too.. believe me.

JGB performed in the 60's?? Oh ok.

For the reading comprehension impaired: Obviously I'm talking about Jerry's voice...

For the dicks, the music is still awesome and in some ways JGB is sometimes more enjoyable than the Dead.

hutch

« Reply #6693 on: March 20, 2017, 03:07:36 pm »
dude, there's like 30,000 shows available from the 60s and 70s.. why bother with 91?

i have some good ones too.. believe me.

JGB performed in the 60's?? Oh ok.

For the reading comprehension impaired: Obviously I'm talking about Jerry's voice...

For the dicks,
Really dude?

::)

agree about JGB

Relaxer

« Reply #6694 on: March 20, 2017, 03:15:19 pm »
I'm not much of a fan of the JGB. Feels like they just play the same songs over and over in every performance, plus half of the songs are covers and I'm just not that interested in hearing Jerry sing How Sweet It Is, Second That Emotion, and a bunch of Dylan songs.

oword

hutch

« Reply #6695 on: March 20, 2017, 03:22:51 pm »
some of the JGB shows were much better than the Dead shows the last few years.... because the JGB let him do whatever he wanted (ie, drugs).. I've seen videos of concerts the same year with the JGB and the GD and they look like two different people... on one of them Jerry with the Dead is clearly strung out and he's dying out there.. sweat coming out of every pore and then with JGB he looks cool as a cucumber and is having a blast and playing/singing great... incredible difference..

I just don't need to hear every show Jerry sang at so I can pick my favorite periods and focus on those..

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #6696 on: March 20, 2017, 03:24:31 pm »
poor billy squire.. you know he blames that video for destroying his career.. i'm not convinced..

Those moves were all his. Check out the video for The Stroke. His dancing seems to be a form of juggling.
😐 🎶

Yada

« Reply #6697 on: March 20, 2017, 03:24:50 pm »
some of the JGB shows were much better than the Dead shows the last few years.... because the JGB let him do whatever he wanted (ie, drugs).. I've seen videos of concerts the same year with the JGB and the GD and they look like two different people... on one of them Jerry with the Dead is clearly strung out and he's dying out there.. sweat coming out of every pore and then with JGB he looks cool as a cucumber and is having a blast and playing/singing great... incredible difference..

I just don't need to hear every show Jerry sang at so I can pick my favorite periods and focus on those..

Let's be honest, if you could spend $32 on a CD bundle with a Jerry pube in it, you'd be all over it.

hutch

« Reply #6698 on: March 20, 2017, 03:25:38 pm »

Let's be honest, if you could spend $32 on a CD bundle with a Jerry pube in it, you'd be all over it.

umm... no.

hutch

« Reply #6699 on: March 20, 2017, 03:26:45 pm »
I do have a really cool note Phil wrote my friend (who passed away).... pretty priceless stuff... and I think  I have a record with Mickey's autograph

hutch

« Reply #6700 on: March 20, 2017, 05:03:00 pm »

Love this record.. and the cover.. good find of past few days was this original still fully in shrink...

and listen to Jerry's voice on this.. on the Dr John What Goes Around he reaches perfection..

I happen to love the covers but on the live sets they can get a bit long.

of course this record opens up with a nice cover of Chuck Berry's Let it Rock which hits the spot.

hutch

« Reply #6701 on: March 20, 2017, 05:08:53 pm »
and a bunch of Dylan songs.

and this is a bad thing????  :o :o :o :o

hutch

« Reply #6702 on: March 20, 2017, 05:32:25 pm »
LZ III

hutch

« Reply #6703 on: March 20, 2017, 06:31:21 pm »
Stoneground 3

hutch

« Reply #6704 on: March 20, 2017, 07:08:59 pm »
LZ II   RL Cut in beautiful shape... I have four RL's.. I thought they were all in rough shape but this one is in great condition.. I note I bought it at Orpheus for $1 (the label has the infamous Orpheus marker red dot!).. Rick just didn't know what he was doing!