Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2126574 times)

Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #10215 on: February 18, 2022, 09:29:38 am »
it's actually working for me
thumbs up so far!
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #10216 on: February 18, 2022, 09:39:47 am »
while short attention span scrolling of worldebook last night a sponsored ad appears promoting someone's remake of Air's Moon Safari... i'm like ok I'll bite and check it out what the heck.. turns out it's done by the keyboard player in Death Cab For Cutie, so this could be of interest to some here

it's actually working for me and i wonder how many bartenders are putting on this version to play with people's mind  ;D

https://davedepper.bandcamp.com/album/moon-safari
Well, I know what I'm doing tonite.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10217 on: February 18, 2022, 01:12:24 pm »
while short attention span scrolling of worldebook last night a sponsored ad appears promoting someone's remake of Air's Moon Safari... i'm like ok I'll bite and check it out what the heck.. turns out it's done by the keyboard player in Death Cab For Cutie, so this could be of interest to some here

it's actually working for me and i wonder how many bartenders are putting on this version to play with people's mind  ;D

LSD?
<sig>

« Reply #10218 on: February 18, 2022, 01:18:40 pm »

LSD?
Close, Quaaludes while I watch the Cosby doc with this record on in the background.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10219 on: February 18, 2022, 05:33:20 pm »
^ lol
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10220 on: February 18, 2022, 05:34:02 pm »
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #10221 on: February 22, 2022, 11:25:37 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wFGF9gqVzA

Pizza Crunch - Coma-Inducing Gibberish

Actual Band Name and new Forum Theme Song  :P
T.Rex

Starsky

« Reply #10222 on: February 22, 2022, 08:19:00 pm »

Starsky

« Reply #10223 on: February 23, 2022, 09:22:18 am »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #10224 on: February 23, 2022, 01:20:03 pm »
Dexys Midnight Runners - Searching For The Young Soul Rebels

quite the debut album...
T.Rex

« Reply #10225 on: February 23, 2022, 01:58:14 pm »
Dexys Midnight Runners - Searching For The Young Soul Rebels

quite the debut album...
never thought to go backwards with them, so far so good

this was a funny footnote on this album
During their time with EMI Records the band consistently experienced troubles with their contract: upon their initial negotiations only three members of the group (Rowland, Archer and Geoffrey "Jeff" Blythe), called the "nucleus", were signed to the label, which caused a stir within the group. They were also only being paid 6% of the royalties, whereas most bands receive 10–12%. This led to Rowland threatening to steal the album from the studio and hold it ransom until their pay was increased, which EMI laughed at. However, on the last day of mixing the record, while Wingfield was out of the studio to get a cup of coffee, the members of the group locked the door to the studio, each taking a carton of magnetic tape and ran through the building to their getaway vehicle, a Morris Minor which belonged to Saunders' girlfriend and drove to Rowland's parents' house in Birmingham. EMI demanded the tapes back but the band had already set off on their sell-out UK tour. The band gave the tapes back when EMI raised their pay to 9%, but they almost destroyed them by travelling through the London Underground, which could have demagnetized them and wiped everything.

guess the never thought how 6% would be fantastic to what they are getting on spotify today
slack

« Reply #10226 on: February 23, 2022, 03:21:01 pm »
this was a funny footnote on this album
During their time with EMI Records the band consistently experienced troubles with their contract: upon their initial negotiations only three members of the group (Rowland, Archer and Geoffrey "Jeff" Blythe), called the "nucleus", were signed to the label, which caused a stir within the group. They were also only being paid 6% of the royalties, whereas most bands receive 10–12%. This led to Rowland threatening to steal the album from the studio and hold it ransom until their pay was increased, which EMI laughed at. However, on the last day of mixing the record, while Wingfield was out of the studio to get a cup of coffee, the members of the group locked the door to the studio, each taking a carton of magnetic tape and ran through the building to their getaway vehicle, a Morris Minor which belonged to Saunders' girlfriend and drove to Rowland's parents' house in Birmingham. EMI demanded the tapes back but the band had already set off on their sell-out UK tour. The band gave the tapes back when EMI raised their pay to 9%, but they almost destroyed them by travelling through the London Underground, which could have demagnetized them and wiped everything.
Fucking incredible. You just know some EMI executive uttered the line "never negotiate with terrorists" with a straight-face while discussing how to handle this.
LVMH

Starsky

« Reply #10227 on: February 23, 2022, 04:18:02 pm »
Neil Young - Tuscaloosa

Starsky

« Reply #10228 on: February 23, 2022, 08:50:33 pm »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #10229 on: February 24, 2022, 02:13:27 pm »
Irvine Welsh reminded me of this album and it is indeed a shame they only ever got to release one album

questionable name aside the Dogs Die In Hot Cars album "Please Describe Yourself" is a good one, couple real belters on this one for sure..
T.Rex