Author Topic: Oasis  (Read 34656 times)

Relaxer

Re: Oasis
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2008, 02:45:53 pm »
The band came on, they played the same setlist posted above, they reached the end of the setlist and they left. That was about it. I've never felt such a "let's just get this gig over with so we can go home" vibe from a band.

So, an... all right show, sounded good, production was quality, band sounded tolerable. I dug the Doobie Brother they had on keyboards. Andy Bell's facial expression throughout the entire show was one of someone sitting at home alone watching Law & Order. And it is pretty funny how Liam's one "showman" trick -- his only one -- is to stand perfectly still for 30-45 seconds at a time.

Reminded me why I strongly prefer to see new, hungry bands at small, shitty clubs.
oword

saintangelsin

Re: Oasis
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2008, 01:40:20 am »
Last night was my first time seeing Oasis live, but it was my second time seeing Ryan Adams. I'm a huge fan of both. I got tickets for my dad as a christmas and birthday gift (his b-day is new year's eve). I got pretty damn lucky with my tickets...Section 1, Row E, and we were on the isle. My father was totally surprised and shocked about the seats I scored him. (my dad is a huge Oasis fan)

As for the show... Matt Costa was pretty cool. Never really listened to his stuff before but he seemed to have a good sense of humor about himself.

Ryan was great. I loved the set. As a fan, I was quite happy honestly. He was pretty spot on and the Cardinals are a tight band. Plus, I got a huge kick out of being so close because I got to yell a few things to the band and they said stuff back. But really there are some reasons why I thought the set was great.

1. Ryan was a lot more talkative and bubbly. When I saw him back in October of 07 at DAR, he barely talked to the crowd during his 3 hour set. So it might sound lame, but the jokes were quite nice.

2. He played "Come Pick Me Up." Huge deal for me, because he didn't do that one when I saw him last. Also, me and this guy kept yelling to him to play it, so it was sweet he did the song. (I'm assuming it wasn't on the originally intended setlist) The song itself is great, but I really enjoyed the rocked out version of it. He also did some great variations of some of his other songs...mostly the stuff from Easy Tiger.

3. While I didn't like the new album, hearing the songs live was really great and well now, I do like his new album. I'm a really picky fan and the fact after seeing him live convinced me to give Cardinology a chance I think says something.

Now as for Oasis, I fucking loved it. It was the total Gallagher swagger that I was looking for. Though I've seen the tour's set list, I was quite pleased with it. The sound was great, the visuals on the screen were great, and the song choices were fantastic. I pretty much got to hear all the songs I was hoping to hear (well except for "Live Forever", "D'you Know What I Mean",  "She's Electric", "Roll With It" and "Go Let It Out").

As for favorite moments...The Beatles cover was pretty fucking sweet. My other favorite moments have to be "Don't Look Back in Anger" and "Supersonic." I thought it was pretty funny how these girls behind me kept trying to get Liam and Noel to read their sign and Liam was like "Ladies, these glasses aren't prescription glasses. I can fucking read from where I am..." I also thought Liam's posing on stage was quite humorous. Another thing, Noel's guitar work was really great and the band was tight. My dad is a musician and can be highly critical of bands, so I was really happy to see that he enjoyed every moment of the show. (He was really impressed with Ryan Adams as well...I forgot to mention that earlier)

All and all, I thought it was a great night. I got to see one of my favorite bands and one of my favorite singer/songwriters. Not to mention, I got to have some high quality time with my dad.