Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2697939 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #2565 on: October 14, 2010, 10:38:25 am »
Here's mine:

Morning: Run Marine Corps Marathon
Afternoon: Lie in bed, get foot and back massages from wife.
Evening: Take daughter trick or treating. She's dressing up as Baby Jaguar. Wife is sewing the costume.(probably way more expensive than just buying one.)
Monday morning: Sleep in (until 7am if I'm lucky)Call in sick even though I'll probably feel fine. Maybe rake some leaves. Take day off from running.

hey, the missus is running the marine corps too.  i'll be sure to yell ironic encouragement as you go by.  plan is for me to jump the fence and do the last 6 miles with her.

i'd like to see blond redhead/pantha that evening, but between needed to nurse her, visiting in-laws, and very likely early-morning travel the next day, things aren't looking good.
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #2566 on: October 14, 2010, 11:33:43 am »
^That new Blonde Redhead is kind of a piece of crap, anyway.
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #2567 on: October 14, 2010, 12:06:21 pm »
az, at galaxy hut, with a backdrop of old horror movies.

nkotb

« Reply #2568 on: October 14, 2010, 01:47:09 pm »
I'm planning on running too, but my training has dropped way off in the last few weeks.  Finding it pretty hard to find 3 hours for running on a weekend with a baby.  We'll see if I can make up the time, but I might be sitting this one out.

Here's mine:

Morning: Run Marine Corps Marathon

hey, the missus is running the marine corps too.  i'll be sure to yell ironic encouragement as you go by.  plan is for me to jump the fence and do the last 6 miles with her.

James Ford

« Reply #2569 on: October 14, 2010, 02:04:28 pm »
Three hours? Shit, you must be fast. I put in over four hours on Monday, and I still was a few miles shy of 26.2.

This is my first marathon in 4.5 years, first with a child. My wife did her first post-child marathon in April. Hopefully, losing nearly 20 pounds this year and breaking free of my crack habit will help me fare well in this one. By "fare well" of course I mean avoiding death.

nkotb

« Reply #2570 on: October 14, 2010, 02:12:13 pm »
Well, I'm rounding a bit.  I'm doing much better in my training this go-around; previously for NYC, I was stopping every 6 miles or so for a break.  This time, I've been running upwards of 13 without a stop, which has me psyched.  And even though I'm way behind, I ran 9 the other day in a little over an hour and 15, so I'm feeling pretty confident.  And that's far faster than I've ever run before.

Of course, its my long runs that have suffered; I have a 14, 15, 18 and 20 to still run as part of the training (try to squeeze in a 22 as well, but that's not going to happen this year). 

We'll see if I actually can get my act together to run it...

Three hours? Shit, you must be fast. I put in over four hours on Monday, and I still was a few miles shy of 26.2.

This is my first marathon in 4.5 years, first with a child. My wife did her first post-child marathon in April. Hopefully, losing nearly 20 pounds this year and breaking free of my crack habit will help me fare well in this one. By "fare well" of course I mean avoiding death.

James Ford

« Reply #2571 on: October 14, 2010, 02:49:28 pm »
THe race is 17 days away and you're still planning on doing those four long runs? Seriously?

I'll probably do one more 13 miler this weekend, then no more double digit runs until the race.

I'm so old I don't worry about speed training or interval running anymore. Though I think I'll be faster than my last marathon because I'm fitter and the course is easier (DC vs. Charlottesville).

Well, I'm rounding a bit.  I'm doing much better in my training this go-around; previously for NYC, I was stopping every 6 miles or so for a break.  This time, I've been running upwards of 13 without a stop, which has me psyched.  And even though I'm way behind, I ran 9 the other day in a little over an hour and 15, so I'm feeling pretty confident.  And that's far faster than I've ever run before.

Of course, its my long runs that have suffered; I have a 14, 15, 18 and 20 to still run as part of the training (try to squeeze in a 22 as well, but that's not going to happen this year). 

nkotb

« Reply #2572 on: October 14, 2010, 02:58:18 pm »
No way I'm doing them all.  I'd liek to do either one 18 or 20, just to have my body prepared a bit, but otherwise, I'm starting to slow down on the training.  Those were just the ones I've missed for various reasons.

THe race is 17 days away and you're still planning on doing those four long runs? Seriously?

I'll probably do one more 13 miler this weekend, then no more double digit runs until the race.

I'm so old I don't worry about speed training or interval running anymore. Though I think I'll be faster than my last marathon because I'm fitter and the course is easier (DC vs. Charlottesville).

Relaxer

« Reply #2573 on: October 14, 2010, 03:17:59 pm »
wrong thread
oword

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #2574 on: October 14, 2010, 04:21:04 pm »
She's dressing up as Baby Jaguar.

Ah, how sweet.   :)

May the Jaguar spirits stay with her.

Would love to see some photos of this, even if they are privately emailed.

James Ford

« Reply #2575 on: October 14, 2010, 04:29:11 pm »
Half the time she makes us call her "Diego", the other half the time "Baby Jaguar". She calls us Alicia and whatever the character she presently isn't.

There will definitely be pics on the 31st.

I just want my baby girl back!

Anyway, sorry for the inadvertant threadjack.

She's dressing up as Baby Jaguar.

Ah, how sweet.   :)

May the Jaguar spirits stay with her.

Would love to see some photos of this, even if they are privately emailed.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #2576 on: October 14, 2010, 05:08:49 pm »
^ Sounds like she has a rich imagination, maybe even is very right brained. Good for her!

Bet she'll be reading early and take well to music, art and other creative pursuits. She probably also very much appreciates her dream life and will be the inventive sort. All good qualities though she'll have to learn to adjust and compensate to living in an extremely left brained world that all too often prefers to close its mind to any sort of holistic or alternative thinking. She sounds pretty special, and I DON'T mean the deficient version of that word.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #2577 on: October 14, 2010, 09:56:18 pm »
DJing the Super Diamond / The New Romance show Sat night!  Guilty pleasures and beyond!
T.Rex

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #2578 on: October 15, 2010, 07:27:02 am »
Going to see Craig Ferguson on Saturday.

Bags

« Reply #2579 on: October 15, 2010, 06:22:20 pm »
The disciples of pollard were loving it (including a number of 40-somethings who were reliving their college days and have a blast at it).
If they're 40-somethings, they're just reliving their mid-20s!  And for me, it's my 30s as I came to GBV around 2000.  ;)  Saw them in Vegas, LOVED it (the crowd makes the show as much as anything), and seeing them in DC, NY and Philly.  G - B - V!