Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2692083 times)

killsaly

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #2925 on: March 28, 2011, 01:44:38 am »
I hope to check this out on Saturday.  Dog Leathers album is great, and I missed them at Ehse on Ice earlier this year by not going.
at   STR8 CAVIN
Heralding the release of "Greezy Man and Stinky Man Meets Smutty Ranks on Tarantula Hill".

Dog Leather
Dope Body
Lil Ugly Mane

Dj sets by
A-Flex Color Boy
Twig "Broken Knuckles Malone" Harper
Adam Boysen
Owen Gardner

Hosted by Rusty and Gay Lady

+ Secret Special Guests

Weird Vibes
Bitch Asses
Crossed Out Eyes
Piss is Spraying Wildly
Blue Lights
Pretty Smiles
Ugly Grins
Scabs on the Lyfestyle
Stains on the Brain
"They Tried to Tame Us But Got Thrown Up On"
Supple Mounds
Sweet Breath On Our Necks
Red and Purple Veins Coursing Down The Shaft Of Our LIves
Rip it Up,,, Sip IT Up, Damn

Only 3$ !!!!!

K8teebug

« Reply #2926 on: March 28, 2011, 09:43:52 am »
Heading up to NYC for LCD on Saturday night. 

TheREALHunter

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #2928 on: March 28, 2011, 02:12:55 pm »
Tomorrow: LCD SS
Sat: LCD SS
HeyLa

wml7

« Reply #2929 on: March 28, 2011, 02:26:58 pm »
LCD on Sat, make sure you all say hi  ;D

hutch

« Reply #2930 on: March 28, 2011, 02:29:54 pm »
i don't know how anyone can go put money in James Murphy's pockets when he's basically scalping his own fans.. sorry.. I might have gone to this final show but the party will have to go one without me.. I draw the line at ripping off your own fans/ lying to your fans etc.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #2931 on: March 28, 2011, 02:36:20 pm »
for some of us who live in NYC - this is going to be a fun show. And $45 for his last show wasnt obscene.

I also got tix for MSG in the initial presale - or else Id not be at that show. But a Tues night in NYC (considering that I live right here) - its going to be an awesome time.

This show has been nothing but craziness since it was announced. I dont think anyone expected half the world to want/need tix to this show.

And I also got all the shows paid - as someone desperately offered me a ton of money for my 2nd ticket at T5. I cant complain too much (and yes I offered it for face on boards and other places, but at that price no one wanted it - the second it was name your price the offers were obscene).
HeyLa

K8teebug

« Reply #2932 on: March 28, 2011, 02:39:01 pm »
I really am not buying into the conspiracy about the scapled tickets for the last LCD show.  sorry.

hutch

« Reply #2933 on: March 28, 2011, 02:43:19 pm »
I really am not buying into the conspiracy about the scapled tickets for the last LCD show.  sorry.

Reuters story - James Murphy?s role in the LCD Soundsystem ticket fiasco
Another take on the LCD Soundsystem NY final show(s) ticketing fiasco... This definitely conflicts what James Murphy has said previously.

From Reuters:

James Murphy, of LCD Soundsystem, is not on Twitter a lot. In the past month, he?s tweeted precisely eight times. But when he was trying to sell tickets to his final show at Madison Square Garden back in February, he was very active. He started on Tuesday February 8, with two tweets to announcements of a ticket presale on February 9. And then after the presale released tickets onto the market, he started getting angry, with a series of eleven tweets expressing violent and profane anger towards scalpers in general and StubHub in particular. It seems his ire was raised by someone selling a single ticket for $1,500.

But there?s something very interesting going on here. I talked to Glenn Lehrmann of StubHub today ? himself the subject of an irate Murphy tweet ? and he said that when Murphy started sending his tweets out, there were roughly 1,000 tickets for the LCD Soundsystem show available on StubHub. Most of them were priced at about $130 to $140, with about 90% under $200. The tweets, however, ?significantly raised demand? and the perceived value of the tickets. By the time that tickets officially went on sale to the public on the morning of Friday February 11, fewer than 30 tickets had asking prices of less than $200, and the average price was around $500.

When the tickets went on sale, no one got any. And so the demand moved naturally to StubHub ? of the 1,915 tickets to LCD Soundsystem?s MSG show that StubHub has sold to date, roughly one third were sold on February 11, when prices were at their peak. Right now, prices are much lower; the average is $212, and the lowest-priced tickets are about $100.

Lehrmann confirmed to me that StubHub saw no increase in the number of tickets available for sale after 11am on Friday. The official James Murphy theory ? that scalpers with bots had bought up all the tickets and were flipping them with StubHub ? is simply not true: substantially all of the tickets which sold on StubHub that day came from the American Express pre-sale on the 9th.

?It?s not humanly possible to sell 9,000 tickets in one minute,? Lehrmann told me, adding that if MSG or Bowery Presents (the promoter) or Murphy himself simply published the manifest for the show, that would clear everything up, by showing to the public just how many tickets were sold on February 11 when the bulk of the tickets ostensibly hit the market. ?The artists and promoter aren?t going to share the ticketing manifest, so they hide behind the bots theory,? says Lehrmann. ?But if the bot theory was true, wouldn?t you be waving the manifest from the tallest mountain??

The fact is that the number of LCD Soundsystem tickets sold on StubHub is entirely normal for the venue ? the Lady Gaga show in February, for instance, saw more than twice as much activity on the site.

So what?s going on here? ?I?m not revealing any huge industry secret,? says Lehrmann, ?when I say that the majority of tickets are held back, and are sold either to local brokers or directly resold on a secondary site.?

Essentially, what happens is that bands set the face value of the tickets artificially low, so as not to look as though they?re ripping off their fans. But they only release a fraction of tickets to the public at face value. Lehrmann told me that a Taylor Swift show at National Arena last year sold just 13% of its tickets to the general public, with another 30% going to American Express and to the fan club. Fully 57% of the tickets were sold through some kind of back channel, presumably at a substantial mark-up from face value. In the case of MSG, it?s clear that?s going on: ?at $40 face value,? says Lehrmann, ?the promoter probably isn?t even paying the rent on the building.?

Between them, the band and their promoter build up long-standing relationships with ticket brokers, who then sell on their wares in a variety of ways. Some appear on StubHub and other secondary-market sites; others are sold directly to clients; others still are hawked on the street on the evening of the show. The risk is borne entirely by the brokers: the promoter has sold its inventory to them, and then leaves it up to the brokers to determine how, where, and when those tickets might appear for sale.

In the case of LCD Soundsystem, it looks very much as though the overwhelming majority of tickets went to brokers, and few if any were sold at face value on the public on-sale date. Murphy can rage against the scalpers as much and as loudly as he likes. But looking at the numbers from StubHub, it seems that Murphy himself ? and/or his promoters at Bowery Presents ? are exactly the people putting those tickets into the scalpers? hands. If Murphy wants to go around blaming people, he should first come clean on how much his own behavior caused the very problem he?s complaining about.

- Felix Salmon, Reuters

K8teebug

« Reply #2934 on: March 28, 2011, 02:51:19 pm »
I read that before.  I am just not buying into the whole "the scalping thing is all james Murphy's fault" idea everyone seems to have in their head.  This is the last LCD SS show.  Everyone knew scalpers would be buying them.  They buy tickets to everything else, why not this?  I just chose to believe that they didn't want to rip off their fans.  Just doesn't seem to be their style, from everything else I've ever read about them.  I think people are just whining to do so.

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #2935 on: March 28, 2011, 02:59:58 pm »
So did James do the same thing to The Strokes show that is happening on the 1st at MSG? Please tell me, because the same ticket fiasco went down.

Also - please remember that while MSG holds a good 18k for sports events (and prince in an all-around format), most shows arent selling that many tix. Theres prob 12k tix and when half the world wants them, this is what you get.

You do realize people are coming from the UK/California/South America and wherever else to see this _last_ show. And dont forget about us New Yorkers that want to see him one last time.

Here is a good read about the situation. This coming from a guy who goes to tons of concerts in the area.
http://www.joshmorrissey.com/post/3259358314/lcd-soundsystem
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:07:45 pm by xneverwherex »
HeyLa

wml7

« Reply #2936 on: March 28, 2011, 03:00:08 pm »
anyone in here been to a show there thats in the pit?  How is it??   ;D

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #2937 on: March 28, 2011, 03:03:58 pm »
Saw Interpol in the pit. It was awesome. Of course, we were there quite early to be at the very front of the stage. It was quite packed - but Im guessing nowhere near as packed as it will be for LCD SS.

anyone in here been to a show there thats in the pit?  How is it??   ;D
HeyLa

hutch

« Reply #2938 on: March 28, 2011, 03:09:05 pm »
So did James do the same thing to The Strokes show that is happening on the 1st at MSG? Please tell me, because the same ticket fiasco went down.

Also - please remember that while MSG holds a good 18k for sports events (and prince in an all-around format), most shows arent selling that many tix. Theres prob 12k tix and when half the world wants them - and they put them all up during the presale - this is what you get.

So yes - naturally the scalpers but 10,000 tix as thats the only way this is possible. YOu do realize people are coming from the UK/California/South America and wherever else to see this _last_ show. And dont forget about us New Yorkers that want to see him one last time.

Here is a good read about the situation. This coming from a guy who goes to tons of concerts in the area.

I don't know anything about the strokes but I do know this: if the show sold out in 1 second and they were all bought by scalpers then where are they??? why aren't they on stubhub?

they weren't bought by scalpers per se from TM.. i used the term loosely... they were funneled directly to brokers..

look we been though all this.. i'm not going to get into it.. but there's a lot of things that make one go ummmhh.. bowery presents promotes MSG show but also owns terminal 5 which happened to be dark for like a bunch of days in a row. ...

in any case nothing prevents bowery presents/lcd/james murphy from releasing the ticket manifest.. lets see how many tickets actually were on sale!  the fact that this info is not released is most damning.

i undertsand these guys are people's heroes but when they behave like zeroes you gotta call them on it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:14:02 pm by hutch »

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #2939 on: March 28, 2011, 03:39:23 pm »
wow! I was kidding with the 10,000 tix were bought my scalpers. I honestly think that fans bought most the tix and the demand was insane. Yes, Im sure ticket brokers bought some, but no one could have predicted the show would go down this insane. Yes, its a last show, but their other shows were never this popular.

But I seriously blame tm and msg and bowery presents for this fiasco. considering its happened on other shows at MSG it cannot be entirely blamed on james murphy and him being greedy.  and the demand for the terminal 5 shows is insane as well.

this happened in the past with bruce springstreen - i am sure our lovely congressman, Mr. Schumer, will be involved if there was anything illegal about it.

and if youre so angry - why even bother posting. some of us wanna go dance and have one hell of a last time with them. ive paid a lot more for other shows and walked out highly disappointed. at least i know that i paid a reasonable amount and the show will be awesome.

youre a bit late to the party anyway. this has all been discussed ad nauseum on BV and so many other boards.

btw - MSG and even the 9:30 club never discusses the #'s game.

Also - please remember that while MSG holds a good 18k for sports events (and prince in an all-around format), most shows arent selling that many tix. Theres prob 12k tix and when half the world wants them - and they put them all up during the presale - this is what you get.

So yes - naturally the scalpers but 10,000 tix as thats the only way this is possible. YOu do realize people are coming from the UK/California/South America and wherever else to see this _last_ show. And dont forget about us New Yorkers that want to see him one last time.

I don't know anything about the strokes but I do know this: if the show sold out in 1 second and they were all bought by scalpers then where are they??? why aren't they on stubhub?

they weren't bought by scalpers per se from TM.. i used the term loosely... they were funneled directly to brokers..

look we been though all this.. i'm not going to get into it.. but there's a lot of things that make one go ummmhh.. bowery presents promotes MSG show but also owns terminal 5 which happened to be dark for like a bunch of days in a row. ...

in any case nothing prevents bowery presents/lcd/james murphy from releasing the ticket manifest.. lets see how many tickets actually were on sale!  the fact that this info is not released is most damning.

i undertsand these guys are people's heroes but when they behave like zeroes you gotta call them on it.
HeyLa