Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2691924 times)

Bagley

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #4005 on: July 02, 2012, 11:32:56 am »
As much as I hate using this term, White Lung killed last night. Girlstabs (2/3 of Priests and one other girl) and Mary Christ were really good, too.

Purling Hiss on Monday were pretty awesome. They're veering away from the psych toward a more indie-pop direction which surprisingly works. The Young were ok and I only caught a little bit more than a song from The Convocation but thoroughly enjoyed what I heard.

Mary Christ opening for the Men thusday night at DC9

killsaly

« Reply #4006 on: July 02, 2012, 11:37:49 am »
Farm Fest on Saturday!!!!

azaghal1981

« Reply #4007 on: July 02, 2012, 07:44:03 pm »
Morgan Evans Weiler/Weed Tree/Carni Klirs at Crittenden Tuesday
Tough call between Washerwoman and The Men Thursday.
Downtown Boys/Cave Girls/Priests (will not miss them this time!) at Asefu's Friday
احمد

Unsanity

« Reply #4008 on: July 03, 2012, 03:17:37 am »
Count down to Farm Fest!

hutch

« Reply #4009 on: July 03, 2012, 09:36:31 am »
would like to catch chris robinson brotherhood on the 5th but its looking dicey...the new album is pretty good and very enjoyable

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #4010 on: July 03, 2012, 10:29:14 am »
Furthur:

Saturday: Philly
Sunday: Merriweather

azaghal1981

« Reply #4011 on: July 03, 2012, 01:42:14 pm »
Dear Club staffers: enjoy the degenerate convention Thursday! ;D
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #4012 on: July 03, 2012, 03:49:31 pm »
Count down to Farm Fest!
"Gates 1pm
Music starts 3pm

Schedule:
DJ Nick Hope
Sitarist Ryan McBride
Bad Liquor Pond
Max Pain & The Groovies
The Pilgrim
Serpent Throne
Rude Girls Burlesque
White Hills
The Flying Eyes
Celebration
Black Moth Super Rainbow
DJ EGB III/Turnaround vs. Immediate (Eddie of An Albatross) till we call it quits"
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 08:58:28 am by killsaly »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4013 on: July 03, 2012, 07:04:52 pm »
sun -  furthur 

mon  - coldplay

thurs  - the wall

what an odd triple play.  pizza by the slice either monday or thursday.  f-yeah.

oh wait, that's next week.  oh well . . . pizza by the slice gets me excited.

killsaly

« Reply #4014 on: July 06, 2012, 08:58:49 am »
But 105 to 110 degree temperature that day?!?! Im really considering changing plans, though I should probably go.
Count down to Farm Fest!

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #4015 on: July 06, 2012, 02:15:44 pm »
But 105 to 110 degree temperature that day?!?! Im really considering changing plans, though I should probably go.
Count down to Farm Fest!

No need to let that stop you. First off, it's a little further north and it's at a higher elevation which means that it will be at least a few degrees cooler. Plus, it's a farm. No real concrete to trap and hold the heat. In fact, you may still wish to have a layer to add later in the evening as it does get much cooler there than in the cities. My friend hates heat and I had a very hard time convincing her that she'd be chilly once the sun went down. She learned though. The sun went down and she got chilly. Maybe it will be comfortable with the extra heat but always a good idea to drag along an extra layer in case you need it. The place isn't that large so you can easily just keep it stashed in the car.

Take a cooler filled with ice and whatever drinks and food you may want. I kept mine in the car and went back and forth whenever I wanted to get something. You could even take a smaller one to stash a few between trips to the car. Was surprised how much ice was left when I got home!

Also, stop in the Dollar Store and buy a couple spray bottles. Fill them up with ice water to spray yourself with throughout the day. Wear white cotton or white gauze for maximum comfort.

Take extra water and make sure you drink plenty of it throughout the day. Don't depend on drinking beer or some other alcohol, or even soda, to rehydrate. A good ratio to stick to with this heat and humidity would be 1:1. One bottle of water for every non-water beverage.

You should go; get you out of the sweltering city.

Oh, and get there early enough to see Bad Liquor Pond. Surprised they are playing so early! Cool Baltimore Psychedelia.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 02:17:33 pm by Jaguar »

Unsanity

« Reply #4016 on: July 07, 2012, 01:57:01 am »
it was hot last year too. but yeah it got cold and wet real quick haha. Eddie's DJ thing cancelled, bummer! Screw the heat come have fun.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #4017 on: July 07, 2012, 09:39:07 am »
RE: Farm Fest: would love to see Black Moth Super Rainbow again...don't care for the rest

why aren't you going, Jaguar?
(_|_)

killsaly

« Reply #4018 on: July 07, 2012, 09:49:07 am »
It looks like we will go.

And Vas, you dont like Celebration/White Hills/Flying Eyes?

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #4019 on: July 07, 2012, 09:57:02 am »
RE: Farm Fest: would love to see Black Moth Super Rainbow again...don't care for the rest

You know, I didn't care about a lot of the bands that played when I went but, in the end, it all didn't matter. It was just such a nice day out in the country around music and people without it being too crowded or crazy. Besides, I love farms and it was nice to just be in that environment, even though the animals were of the human variety.  ;D  Just kidding. There were some cows over yonder.

why aren't you going, Jaguar?

Combination of no money and major car problems that I can't afford to get fixed yet and don't feel safe driving that far until they are done. Would like to go but I'm not crying about it considering that it's only supposed to get to about 95 here today and I plan to go to the pool for awhile. We are now into my very favorite 2 weeks of the year so I'm quite happy.

Why aren't you going? Or, are you?

Killsaly, you pointed out some of the highlights. I'd love to see White Hills. Definitely get your butt rolling though so you don't miss Bad Liquor Pond. Glad you are going!

Looking forward to everyone's after-show reports.