Author Topic: Club's 30th anniversary?  (Read 199681 times)

James Ford

Re: Club's 30th anniversary?
« Reply #255 on: May 27, 2010, 10:05:32 am »
Well I said that before I saw the stellar lineup that was assembled, and only in reaction to some of the tiring overhype that was going on in the forum. No offense intended and apologies if necessary to the 9:30 Club and it's staff.

I think the same thing happens with FreeFest. Some naysayers in this forum will crap all over it in advance, but then if one or two of thier favorite bands are booked, they're all over the free tickets like flies on cow manure.

That's exactly how I feel about the 30th anniversary show.

There are a few of us who never gave a rat's ass about the show since its beginning.

and that's why you will specifically be excluded from the invite list

hutch

« Reply #256 on: May 27, 2010, 10:10:47 am »
Well I said that before I saw the stellar lineup that was assembled, and only in reaction to some of the tiring overhype that was going on in the forum. No offense intended and apologies if necessary to the 9:30 Club and it's staff.

I think the same thing happens with FreeFest. Some naysayers in this forum will crap all over it in advance, but then if one or two of thier favorite bands are booked, they're all over the free tickets like flies on cow manure.

That's exactly how I feel about the 30th anniversary show.

There are a few of us who never gave a rat's ass about the show since its beginning.

and that's why you will specifically be excluded from the invite list

Well in the case of the 930 30th Anniversary show its not so much about the acts but about the community..

Even if I don't manage to be there I got to hand it to Seth for making it a free event and largely by invitation..It really is like a birthday party....

walkonby

« Reply #257 on: May 27, 2010, 10:15:17 am »
i think the cost of admission should be more than free . . . just to see hutch and julian in the same room together.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #258 on: May 27, 2010, 10:15:45 am »
Same.  *sigh*  I mostly lurk here, though.  Was the email blast limited?  Ah well.  I live nearby and can always try lurking around the club instead of lurking around the internets.

nope, this first invitation went out to forum members only.  maybe you needed a certain post count to be included?

email blast subscribers should be getting an invitation later this afternoon/tonight.
<sig>

Hoodrat

« Reply #259 on: May 27, 2010, 10:19:00 am »
Same.  *sigh*  I mostly lurk here, though.  Was the email blast limited?  Ah well.  I live nearby and can always try lurking around the club instead of lurking around the internets.

nope, this first invitation went out to forum members only.  maybe you needed a certain post count to be included?

that would make sense.  i think i've posted twice in the 3 years or so since i registered.  damn.  who knew one of my regrets would be not spending enough time online?  i'll try through the email blast.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #260 on: May 27, 2010, 10:22:18 am »
So will there be a special Forum lounge or something so we can all meet or avoid each other if we want? :)
PANTS

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #261 on: May 27, 2010, 10:28:54 am »
i was kidding about the post count thing - pure speculation.  i doubt they'd enforce that, but who knows.

Well in the case of the 930 30th Anniversary show its not so much about the acts but about the community..

this.

i heart the 930 club, it's having a birthday party, so few places i'd rather be on monday night, regardless of the lineup.  the fact that it a very decent and eclectic lineup should make a great night on the town.  fingers crossed.
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #262 on: May 27, 2010, 10:37:38 am »
never got an email . . .  :'(

atomicfront

« Reply #263 on: May 27, 2010, 10:49:44 am »
I just want to see the Slickee Boys and Trouble Funk.  Somehow I never managed to see them in the past it would be fun to see them now. 

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #264 on: May 27, 2010, 11:01:00 am »
you people and your hotmail accounts... it would appear that hotmail is not playing nicely
T.Rex

Got Haggis?

« Reply #265 on: May 27, 2010, 11:05:24 am »
hotmail will sometimes block email that comes from gmail......so stupid

wml7

« Reply #266 on: May 27, 2010, 11:09:27 am »
they said forum winners would know by noon today

hmmm.... so people with hotmail (such as myself) will have problems knowing if they won or not, since people with hotmail are having problems getting the emails?  great, just great  ;D

Vas Deferens

« Reply #267 on: May 27, 2010, 11:29:05 am »
lottery decision in 30 minutes?  :P
(_|_)

andyrichter

« Reply #268 on: May 27, 2010, 11:41:22 am »
20 minutes.   :o  good luck folks.

eltee

« Reply #269 on: May 27, 2010, 11:52:37 am »
I still haven't seen the time of event - where should I look? Thanks for the opportunity, Seth. It is nice to have a community of supporters (and of the line-up) to celebrate the club's b-day with... Good luck, all. I'm hoping my Oracle requests will grant me access...;)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 11:56:33 am by Sugartastic Tee »