Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3242865 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #7350 on: September 06, 2016, 01:00:50 pm »
Here's one for fans of Wicked Weed who may not frequent the Beer Advocate forums....

Wicked Weed will also be at Smoke and Barrel on 9/14. 15 drafts. All 1/2 price from 5-7.

Genesis Blonde Sour with Mango, Guava, Papaya, Pineapple
 Recurrant Sour Red with Black Currants
 Garcon de Ferme Brettanomyces-fermented Saison with Peaches
 Myrtille Golden Sour with Blueberries
 Amorous Sour IPA
 Brettaberry Tart Farmhouse with Strawberries, Blueberries, Blackberries
 Pernicious West Coast IPA
 Freak of Nature Imperial IPA
 Napoleon Complex Hoppy Pale Ale
 Lunatic Belgian Blond Ale
 Coolcumber Golden Ale with Cucumbers, Juniper, and Basil
 Juiceless Wheat IPA collaboration with Creature Comforts
 Pacificmost Gose with Mango and Guava
 Xibalba Imperial Pumpkin brewed with Peppers, Cocoa, Spices
 Bourbon Barrel-Aged Xibalba

« Reply #7351 on: September 06, 2016, 01:35:21 pm »
Made it out to Waredeca and I have to say, one of the best DMV breweries as far as 'place to enjoy whilst drinking a beer'
I thought the Coffee Stout, the Session Pale Ale and their Peach Gose were all scrumptious

Nice... I'm heading there this weekend and have heard it's a nice place to hang out. I've had that stout and thought it was above average.
very kid and dog friendly
plus there is a horse farm next door to watch whist drinking
they even have hops growing, so you can grab a cone and break it up to smell a real hop
slack

Yada

« Reply #7352 on: September 06, 2016, 02:09:07 pm »
Made it out to Waredeca and I have to say, one of the best DMV breweries as far as 'place to enjoy whilst drinking a beer'
I thought the Coffee Stout, the Session Pale Ale and their Peach Gose were all scrumptious

Nice... I'm heading there this weekend and have heard it's a nice place to hang out. I've had that stout and thought it was above average.

that's why we're going brah! and it's my bday! :)

Space Freely

« Reply #7353 on: September 06, 2016, 04:08:04 pm »

they even have hops growing, so you can grab a cone and break it up to smell a real hop

Is there anything else to do in that area? Sounds like a good time, but can't see myself driving 40+ miles *just* to go there.

Yada

« Reply #7354 on: September 06, 2016, 04:19:09 pm »

Is there anything else to do in that area? Sounds like a good time, but can't see myself driving 40+ miles *just* to go there.

Annapolis Rock appears to be a few miles away.

« Reply #7355 on: September 06, 2016, 08:40:21 pm »

Lots of Apple orchards and horse farms
I'm sure there is some decent antiquing too
slack

shemptiness

« Reply #7356 on: September 07, 2016, 09:27:27 am »
Brookeville Beer Farm is also close by and is also very kid and dog friendly.  The grapefruit IPA is great. 

shemptiness

« Reply #7357 on: September 07, 2016, 09:39:25 am »
Thinking of doing this on our anniversary:

$75/person

WHAT?S INCLUDED

Tasting & Behind the Scenes Look of the Finest Frederick Breweries in Two Itineraries

Olde Mother Brewing Company
Mad Science Brewing Company
Monocacy Brewing Company
Flying Dog
Barley & Hops
Appetizers
At Barley & Hops serving ?great American casual food?and the best selection of on-site brewed craft beer in the area?
Shuttle Service with Professional Driver
We provide shuttle service to all the stops starting and ending at the Hampton Inn @ 5311 Buckeystown Pike in Frederick, Maryland.*option to overnight at the Hampton Inn with prior reservations
All parking & gratuities Included
*We must have a minimum of 10 people to run this tour.
FALL TOUR DATES & DETAILS

Itinerary A- Available November 12 & December 10, Saturdays
Taste & tour the Monocacy Brewing Company, Barley & Hops, Olde Mother Brewing Company
Saturdays
12:30 Meet Hampton Inn.  Approx 4:45 return to cars

Book Now!

Itinerary B- Available October 29 & November 26, Saturdays
Taste & tour Flying Dog, Barley & Hops, and Mad Science Brewing Company
Saturdays
12:30 Meet Hampton Inn.  Approx 4:45 return to cars

Book Now!

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #7358 on: September 07, 2016, 12:15:19 pm »
Brookeville Beer Farm is also close by and is also very kid and dog friendly.  The grapefruit IPA is great. 

Finally a beer joint I can skateboard to (and have)!

Both BBF and Wardeca are nice spots and draw crowds.  Beers are hit or miss. Both places have an above average stout and IPA.

« Reply #7359 on: September 08, 2016, 11:53:02 am »
I might get Bomb'ed tonight
double duck too!

slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7360 on: September 10, 2016, 11:54:38 pm »
<sig>

« Reply #7361 on: September 11, 2016, 08:43:24 pm »
I like beer, but road trip to Boston isn't even an option
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #7362 on: September 11, 2016, 09:12:47 pm »
Meh, not enough hoppy ipa's on that list.

hutch

« Reply #7363 on: September 11, 2016, 09:38:53 pm »
Lagunitas....

Yada

« Reply #7364 on: September 12, 2016, 12:26:31 pm »
Imma go out on a limb here and say that Waredaca is the nicest brewery in terms of environment/atmosphere that I've ever been to. It reminded me of more of a vineyard than a brewery. The kid friendliness was perfect, weather was gorgeous, beer was average at best out of the seven I tried. Peach Gose was delicious and would drink again, Coffee Stout was great as well... everything else was slightly better than a drain pour. Would return again.