Author Topic: Buju Banton  (Read 8398 times)

betao

Re: Buju Banton
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 01:25:51 pm »
Yea, one of my friends here at VCU has been arguing on the National's FB page.

Honestly, this whole thing is stupid.  The venue has a contract with the artist.  They shouldn't have to cancel the show just because some people take offense.  I'm not anti-gays at all, but this whole thing is just ridiculous.

Let him play, and see how many people show up.  Protest, that's cool too.  But saying the National has to cancel the show is just foolish.  This Buju fellow has the freedom to perform, provided a venue is provided for him.  That has happened, so be it.  I'm sure many unfavorably characters have played there, or the 930 before, and it doesn't make me any less likely to go to shows there.

I've got a friend at VCU who has also been protesting on the Nat'l FB page. There are ALOT of complaints about it going down. Kinda interesting to read.

walkonby

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 03:29:45 pm »
"Insane Clown Posse raps about the glories of misogyny, homophobia, and violence" . . . and they are playing the national.  what is being said about them?  anything?  or is that not the "cool thing" to do for  hatemongers of hatemongers?  they (icp) are also playing at 6 venues, so far, that are owned by livenation on their latest tour.  gee, how strange.

could it be that buju, in this country, is not much of a draw and wouldn't make that much $$ for promoters, clubs, livenation, where as icp almost sells out everything they touch and with drink sales alone at the venues that have them . . . $$ beats out caring everytime.  cyndi lauper wasn't wrong.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 03:38:48 pm by walkonby »

azaghal1981

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 08:13:51 am »
Someone's in for a bit of a rough time.

How long before he's taken on a ride to poundtown?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 08:15:32 am by azaghal1981 »
احمد

betao

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 11:13:56 am »
It's a shame this show got canceled. The show should have gone on IMO.

walkonby

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 03:17:42 pm »
boom bye bye buju.   ;)

azaghal1981

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2009, 04:52:37 pm »
Time for yet another playlist.
احمد