Author Topic: Need help, trying to get an autograph for best friend's birthday  (Read 35174 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Need help, trying to get an autograph for best friend's birthday
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2015, 12:57:01 pm »
Perhaps if you posted some photos of the female friend this is for, it would humanize the request. Put a face to it, so to speak.
LVMH

sgoldberg08

« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2015, 12:57:23 pm »
but is there even a remote possibility that any of this will lead to an autograph from London Grammar?
Again with the autograph request! You're like an Arfin with a bone! I'm starting to think you don't care about us at all!

In all honesty, I would find the possibility of you getting an autograph through this board extremely, extremely remote. Personal message Seth or Eddie; I don't think anyone else on here has any real pull. Perhaps our poor treatment of you will encourage them to look upon you kindly?

Thank you, would you kindly tell me Seth and Eddie's handles so I can PM them?

LVMH

sgoldberg08

« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2015, 01:10:50 pm »
Wow, I didn't realize you guys took my cause elsewhere.  I thought the thread had just turned into (failed) attempts to get me constantly looking over my shoulder.  I appreciate it!

« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2015, 01:18:13 pm »
dang this thread has some legs
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2015, 02:02:47 pm »
we live in a community that has trolls and those trolls need to be combated by men with google.

right, and walalce was a troll.  a worthy target.  good riddance.

but sgoldberg08?  they seems like a nice person trying to do something nice for a friend.  they clearly have a sense of humor, putting up with 5 pages of shinanigans.  unless i've missed something here, there is no reason to dox this person per your misplaced call to arms:
Who will be first to post an actual picture of this guy and risk a ban? Kosmo, what sort of mood are you in today?
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2015, 02:06:10 pm »
Today we are all Goldberg.

« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2015, 02:07:38 pm »
No one doxxed this guy. Running a google search on an email address is not doxxing. No one has posted any personally identifiable info of this guy on here, unless his dog's name counts. People confirmed he is a real person, not an atomic/Brian Wallace. Whatever info anyone has found, they haven't posted it or done anything with it, to the best of my knowledge.

And I also did not call anyone to arms. I, in no way, encouraged anyone to post a picture of the guy and alluded to the (proper) punishment for doing so: a ban.
LVMH

sgoldberg08

« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2015, 02:27:26 pm »

There, it's out in the open.  That's me, and below is my dog, Arfin (though he prefers to go by Arf, Arfie, or Derp).  I really am just trying to do something nice for a friend. 

While I'm starting to doubt this is going to happen, I still appreciate the help I've gotten so far.  I'm at least closer than I was before.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #69 on: January 27, 2015, 02:31:07 pm »
Hey arfie . . . I got dibs, on that leg!

« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2015, 02:31:45 pm »
Perhaps if you posted some photos of the female friend this is for, it would humanize the request. Put a face to it, so to speak.
LVMH

« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2015, 02:39:07 pm »
Google Reverse Image Search shows neither of those photos showing up anywhere else, although the visually similar images results for the first one is a rather humorous collection.
LVMH

ggw

« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2015, 02:41:57 pm »
You know, if Julian was really a community organizer he would probably have some sort of "welcome" package for new folks rather than creepily discussing ways to stalk them or goading them into posting pictures of themselves, their pets, and/or their female friends.  Just sayin'

sgoldberg08

« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2015, 02:42:36 pm »

Sorry, gonna respect her privacy and decline to post any pictures of her.  Suffice it to say she's a normal looking girl with brown hair and a pretty smile.  You'll have to close your eyes and use some imagination past that.

« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2015, 02:47:20 pm »
You know, if Julian was really a community organizer he would probably have some sort of "welcome" package for new folks rather than creepily discussing ways to stalk them or goading them into posting pictures of themselves, their pets, and/or their female friends.  Just sayin'
I think you misunderstood my use of "organizer." You're thinking I meant "guy who helps grow the community," whereas I meant more of a "organize a mob" type thing. Easy mistake to make!

That said, if sgoldberg08 will PM me his address, I will prepare him a welcome package which will, sadly, not include an autographed photo of a band I'd never heard of until yesterday but, happily, will include my famous gluten-free, sugar-free vegan banana cookies!
LVMH