Author Topic: Just Announced  (Read 10103770 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Just Announced
« Reply #23325 on: June 23, 2011, 11:14:10 am »
Chad Clark, the singer, songwriter, producer and leader of
local rock troupe Beauty Pill is getting the band back together.

Wanna watch?

The group will be recording a new album next month -- in public. From July 16 through Aug. 2, from noon until 10 p.m. each day, Clark and his bandmates
will set up shop in Artisphere?s Black Box Theatre and lay down tracks in the company of anyone who might be interested in seeing how 21st century rock
albums get made.

?People are really going to see us in a complete state of uncertainty,? Clark tells Click Track.

Clark has dubbed the project ?Immersive Ideal,? and likens the viewer experience to a visit to the zoo. Show up at the right time, you?ll catch the entire
band wailing away. Show up at the wrong time and they?ll be huddled around a computer, listening to a rough mix.

Artisphere, the cultural center that opened in Arlington last year, is hosting the project in two-parts. Once the recording is finished, it will be played
in the Theatre in surround sound, most likely this winter. (The album will also be released traditionally, but there?s no drop date or label just yet.)

احمد

James Ford

« Reply #23326 on: June 23, 2011, 11:25:23 am »
You're off the hook.

BUY MUSIC
7pm Doors
The 30th Anniversary Tour QUEENSRYCHE
MORE INFO
Candlebox will NOT be appearing.
$25.00 TUE 8/9
7pm Doors

This one made me snicker.

Tu 8/9 Queensryche w/ Candlebox

I'd go for $20.

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #23327 on: June 23, 2011, 11:45:17 am »
Chad Clark, the singer, songwriter, producer and leader of
local rock troupe Beauty Pill is getting the band back together.

Wanna watch?

The group will be recording a new album next month -- in public. From July 16 through Aug. 2, from noon until 10 p.m. each day, Clark and his bandmates
will set up shop in Artisphere?s Black Box Theatre and lay down tracks in the company of anyone who might be interested in seeing how 21st century rock
albums get made.

Wow - This is great.  Chad has been tweeting about wthe band recording again, so that's not a big surprise, but this recording in public thing  sounds like a lot of fun.   I had just assumed they'd be on Dischord again.  I wonder why that changed?

betao

« Reply #23328 on: June 23, 2011, 02:16:13 pm »
Just added to MoogFest:

Moby (live)
Amon Tobin (ISAM live)
Beak
The Antlers
Dan Deacon
Kode9
Atlas Sound
Glasser
Wham City
Lunzproject
Stickmen

walkonby

« Reply #23329 on: June 24, 2011, 04:16:23 pm »

if he would just play songs off all the albums . . . the show would have been sold out a long time ago.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #23330 on: June 25, 2011, 12:36:08 pm »
The Bottle & Cork
Dewey Beach, DE

Some highlights:

Ozomatli
Friday June 24
(Ok, we missed it.)

Citizen Cope
Wednesday June 29

The English Beat
Wednesday July 6

The Clarks
Friday July 8

Donavon Frankenreiter
Thursday July 21

Toad The Wet Sprocket
Tuesday August 9

Robert Randolph & The Family Band
Friday August 19

A tad bit of improvement since the past couple of years. At least it's not that old worn out G Love & The Special Sauce that they keep booking over and over and over! ACK!!!

If you are into extreme sports, the Dew Tour will be in Ocean City, Maryland between July 21-24.

Dew Tour Schedule

Yada

« Reply #23331 on: June 25, 2011, 03:35:43 pm »
The Bottle & Cork
Dewey Beach, DE

Some highlights:

Ozomatli
Friday June 24
(Ok, we missed it.)

Citizen Cope
Wednesday June 29

The English Beat
Wednesday July 6

The Clarks
Friday July 8

Donavon Frankenreiter
Thursday July 21

Toad The Wet Sprocket
Tuesday August 9

Robert Randolph & The Family Band
Friday August 19

A tad bit of improvement since the past couple of years. At least it's not that old worn out G Love & The Special Sauce that they keep booking over and over and over! ACK!!!

If you are into extreme sports, the Dew Tour will be in Ocean City, Maryland between July 21-24.

Dew Tour Schedule

hahah, yeah... because Toad the Wet Sprocket and the Clarks are ground breaking!

Jaguar

« Reply #23332 on: June 25, 2011, 03:53:40 pm »
^ I said that it was an improvement, not a good line up. Gesh, learn to read and consider the location. Not like I'm going to bother seeing any of these shows. No one worthwhile ever veers that far east on their tours. If you ever saw their past line-ups, you would understand. All they ever got before was G. Love, Dicky Betts and Little Feet, none of whom I've ever had any interest in whatsoever. Last year they had Ween whom I also can't stand but that too was an improvement. Maybe you should pull your bloated DC ego out of your ass.

walkonby

« Reply #23333 on: June 25, 2011, 03:55:27 pm »
don't you lay a finger on my butterfinger.

azaghal1981

« Reply #23334 on: June 25, 2011, 03:59:15 pm »
Aren't Citizen Cope and G. Love essentially the same thing?
احمد

hutch

« Reply #23335 on: June 25, 2011, 04:24:42 pm »
they got ween two or three summers ago... nice place..

Jaguar

« Reply #23336 on: June 25, 2011, 04:55:43 pm »
Aren't Citizen Cope and G. Love essentially the same thing?

Are they? I don't know. I don't like either one but it sure wouldn't surprise me in the least since that place seems to have an intense love affair with G. Love. Apparently, the Dewey Bch. & Rehoboth crowds (which consist of a high concentration of DC area people) must love them and sell out their shows since the venue keeps booking them every freaking year.

Or you could go to The Rusty Rudder in Dewey Beach and see Love Seed Momma Jump or Burnt Sienna. I'm surprised that Mr. Greenjeans isn't on their calendar. Each of those bands play every freaking where on the coast all the time!!! Not in the least interested in any of them.

Jaguar

« Reply #23337 on: June 25, 2011, 04:56:34 pm »
they got ween two or three summers ago... nice place..

Maybe you are right. Time goes so fast sometimes that I can't keep up.

azaghal1981

« Reply #23338 on: June 25, 2011, 06:13:43 pm »
They are totally different people but it's the same stupid fratboy faux hiphop/funk/blues nonsense.
احمد

Yada

« Reply #23339 on: June 26, 2011, 04:06:13 pm »
^ I said that it was an improvement, not a good line up. Gesh, learn to read and consider the location. Not like I'm going to bother seeing any of these shows. No one worthwhile ever veers that far east on their tours. If you ever saw their past line-ups, you would understand. All they ever got before was G. Love, Dicky Betts and Little Feet, none of whom I've ever had any interest in whatsoever. Last year they had Ween whom I also can't stand but that too was an improvement. Maybe you should pull your bloated DC ego out of your ass.

I'm not sure what my "bloated DC ego" has to do with it?

G. Love actually put out a decent album this past year produced by the Avett Bros, but I'm assuming you don't like them either.

The Clarks - a band from Pittsburgh that has no relevance in music as well as Toad the Wet Sprocket who had a radio hit in maybe 1993 aren't an improvement to a club's line up.

And yes, WEEN played there three summers ago and blew the roof off the place. It's unfortunate you don't like them either.