Author Topic: U2 parking & logistics questions  (Read 23219 times)

Bags

U2 parking & logistics questions
« on: June 14, 2011, 03:28:57 pm »
So, I have a co-worker who's very concerned about parking for U2 next week.  Apparently the parking that was on sale is gone, but you can get parking through ticketsale websites like stubhub.  Parking is $50-90.

Is this necessary?  Are they going to RUN OUT of parking?  Is there a time I should plan to get there?

I've never been to a show at this stadium, and I have to say my co-worker is very preoccupied with this!

Any tips would be great.  THANKS

Cock Van Der Palm

Re: U2 parking & logistics questions
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 03:41:54 pm »
Plenty of parking garages in the area.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 03:42:26 pm »
I imagine all the parking lots near the vicinity of the stadium will be occupied since there will be 70,000 of you?

here's what I would do if I were preoccupied with parking:

park in a parking lot somewhere near the U of Baltimore/Mt. Royal light rail stop....then take the light rail to Hamburg Street (the stop nearest to M&T).

or if you're coming from DC, then just park at BWI then take the light rail to the same stop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BaltimoreLightRail.svg
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 03:46:23 pm by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

James Ford

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 03:46:27 pm »
park in Fells Point and walk

ggw

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 05:58:00 pm »
Tell your coworker that the only thing that will be more bloated than the parking lot is Bono's ego.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 06:21:45 pm »
Wait....parking is $50-$90? How much are the bloody tickets for the show?

K8teebug

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 08:22:09 am »
I was under the impression that parking was included with the ticket pricing.  You should all be aware that Conway Street is currently closed for preparations for the Baltimore Grand Prix.  It's causing alot of backup on 395.  The best way to get to the parking lots is to take the Russel Street exit.

But, there are PLENTY of parking garages in the city.  And you could park in the garages in Fells and walk, but it will be a long walk.

We are going up early in the afternoon and parking at our hotel.  Just didn't feel like dealing with the traffic mess this time.

K8teebug

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 08:23:42 am »
And if you do decide to go in the afternoon, this seems like a fine place to pass the time

http://alewifebaltimore.com/

There was a living social deal for it yesterday and they do accept reservations, even for lunch.

Bags

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 10:23:47 am »
Apparently parking is NOT included in tickets, and was sold separately on TM, but is sold out.

Bags

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 10:24:11 am »
PS, K8teebug, THANKS for the traffic advisory!!!

Vas Deferens

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 10:33:30 am »
don't think it will be a problem in Baltimore but apparently some people did not make it to the Oakland show....see comments

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2011/06/08/review-u2-in-oakland/

"Next time I hope U2 leaves the spaceship at home and just sings the music that their fans love them for. Otherwise I won?t be there."
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 10:36:04 am by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 10:37:03 am »
I'm not sure about the schedule for the MARC trains but do make sure that they are running after the show. Seems that was the issue at one time for evening shows in Baltimore. Of course, I don't know the times of this concert either.

You could even consider checking out the Light Rail or the Subway lines and spend the afternoon in some place not far from one of their Park And Rides. Maybe lunch and browse around in either Hampden, Towson, Hunt Valley or some other area of interest. (Not that there are lots of them alone these very limited lines.) Hampden might be fun for lunch and Hon watching. There's also a record store somewhere in Hampden that a few people around here said they liked. Then go over to one of the Park and Rides where, unlike super-gouging DC, it is FREE to park your car. I'm sure the schedules and area maps are online.

Or even just use one of the out of the city Park And Rides to park, take it downtown and hang around, then go off to the show. Again, do check the schedules. Between the two, I'd try to stick with the Light Rail over the Subway as the closer to the city areas are safer, both for hanging out in and leaving your car.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 10:41:53 am by Jaguar »

Sir HC

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 10:59:30 am »
Light rail is right there.  Stops at BWI and everywhere else.

lily1

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 11:30:53 am »
I have 2 extra tickets for the show next week if anyone is interested. Section 246.

lily1

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 11:36:10 am »
I am taking the Marc up to Camden years for the show. Staying overnight at BWI hotel as I convienently have a flight at 7 am the next morning.