Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2693911 times)

challenged

• Instagram
Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #8100 on: April 12, 2016, 10:27:17 am »
Feels
Saturday

Need a report on that Mountain Goats York PA show Vas Def...

Relaxer

« Reply #8101 on: April 12, 2016, 10:36:09 am »
Might walk up to RnR Hotel to see the Subways tonight. Saw them at the club more than a decade ago, when their 'schtick' was "teenagers playing awesome garage rock". It will be interesting seeing them all grown up. Kind of like seeing Ash in the current age after last seeing them on the 1977 tour.
oword

Vas Deferens

« Reply #8102 on: April 12, 2016, 10:40:59 am »
I like the opener Pins....you might like them

Might walk up to RnR Hotel to see the Subways tonight. Saw them at the club more than a decade ago, when their 'schtick' was "teenagers playing awesome garage rock". It will be interesting seeing them all grown up. Kind of like seeing Ash in the current age after last seeing them on the 1977 tour.
(_|_)

Relaxer

« Reply #8103 on: April 12, 2016, 11:26:04 am »
Great to know, thanks. I'll be sure to go early enough to catch them.
oword

Yada

« Reply #8104 on: April 12, 2016, 11:29:06 am »
WEEN.

Hey hutch, stay away from Josh Homme this weekend or you're bound to get beat up.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #8105 on: April 12, 2016, 04:27:48 pm »
Think I'm gonna hit up the Napalm Death  / Melvins show tonight.

Unfortunately that's it for this week :(

bearman🐻

« Reply #8106 on: April 12, 2016, 05:53:50 pm »
WEEN.

Hey hutch, stay away from Josh Homme this weekend or you're bound to get beat up.

I don't suspect Hutch is making a career off his signed merch. Josh has a bite to match his bark but most of the time he's fairly benign.

« Reply #8107 on: April 12, 2016, 08:23:38 pm »
WEEN.

seriously pissed for missing both those shows
life will go on, but I'm lamenting in advance
slack

hutch

« Reply #8108 on: April 12, 2016, 10:53:18 pm »
WEEN.

haha..

to be honest I'm not feelin the autograph seeking buzz lately... would love to get Iggy but I'm guessing not possible.. I wouldn't try to get Josh Homme ..

bearman🐻

« Reply #8109 on: April 13, 2016, 09:48:31 am »
WEEN.

haha..

to be honest I'm not feelin the autograph seeking buzz lately... would love to get Iggy but I'm guessing not possible.. I wouldn't try to get Josh Homme ..

I met Josh the night at the 9:30 when he reamed the guy for throwing stuff on stage. I told him that he was one of my favorite guitarists of all time and he seemed a little unimpressed. Then I said, "plus...you're hot as hell". I don't know what possessed me to do that but I seized the moment because nobody was around. He looked confused for a moment (like he misheard me) and then went "awwwww...thanks dude!" and put his arm around me with a little half hug. Then he signed my cd and wrote "you/me" with a heart around it and signed his name. True story. Josh is someone that I think would be your most loyal friend, but he'd be your biggest enemy if you crossed him. I also think he's sharp as a knife and a human b.s. detector. But incredibly grateful for his real fans. I think being respectful is mandatory for him, and I understand that totally.

hutch

« Reply #8110 on: April 13, 2016, 09:58:54 am »
yeah.. I totally get that... which is why I wouldnt try to get his autograph... cause I wouldn't be feeling it and he would sense that... I respect the guy

that's the thing about autographs.. I dont' try to get them unless it would really mean something to me.. and its not going to mean something to me unless its music that has really affected me...

« Reply #8111 on: April 13, 2016, 10:41:59 am »
WEEN.

haha..

I met Josh the night at the 9:30 when he reamed the guy for throwing stuff on stage. I told him that he was one of my favorite guitarists of all time and he seemed a little unimpressed. Then I said, "plus...you're hot as hell". I don't know what possessed me to do that but I seized the moment because nobody was around. He looked confused for a moment (like he misheard me) and then went "awwwww...thanks dude!" and put his arm around me with a little half hug. Then he signed my cd and wrote "you/me" with a heart around it and signed his name. True story. Josh is someone that I think would be your most loyal friend, but he'd be your biggest enemy if you crossed him. I also think he's sharp as a knife and a human b.s. detector. But incredibly grateful for his real fans. I think being respectful is mandatory for him, and I understand that totally.
great story

two things:
1. post a pic of that CD
2. should go in as an entry on that book you are writing
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 11:04:47 am by SideBurner |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| »
slack

killsaly

« Reply #8112 on: April 14, 2016, 01:53:29 pm »
This is might be a fun lunch excursion if I end up working from home tomorrow.
https://www.facebook.com/events/888560181253519/
Join us at WTMD Studios on Friday, April 15th for a Live Lunch with Thao & The Get Down Stay Down.

Doors open at 11:30. The show starts at Noon and lasts an hour. Live Lunch is FREE as always.

killsaly

« Reply #8113 on: April 17, 2016, 01:44:36 pm »
Thursday - Amon Amarth, Entombed A.D., Exmortus at Fillmore
Sunday - Fetty Wap at UMBC
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 10:07:12 pm by killsaly »

bob72

« Reply #8114 on: April 17, 2016, 04:51:33 pm »
Dag Nasty Thursday
PENIS