Author Topic: How "old" are you?  (Read 23225 times)

hutch

Re: How "old" are you?
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2013, 01:30:13 pm »
get out of here! stipe looks like shit.. he has for like 20 years when he turned into a human lightbulb..

Stipe really looks like Peter Gabriel does now... not a compliment...  he looks old for his age

atomicfront

« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2013, 01:46:42 pm »
Why, because he has (older men always look stupid with long) hair?

I'm going to agree with Walkonby. Stipe looks better now.

Stipe is 10 years younger but looks 20 years older. 

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2013, 01:50:35 pm »

atomicfront

« Reply #48 on: July 31, 2013, 01:52:36 pm »
As for old guys looking stupid with long hair I guess you are right.  There is no way this guy would ever be able to find a chick:

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2013, 02:00:29 pm »
Also James Ford (not #that# James Ford).

Yada

« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2013, 02:02:20 pm »

atomicfront

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2013, 02:04:17 pm »

I would put Axl in the hasn't aged well category. 

James Ford

« Reply #52 on: July 31, 2013, 02:20:14 pm »
I'm sorry, but that (lack of a) haircut looks stupid on a guy his age. Johnny Depp as well. They both look much better with shorter hair. To say nothing of the white V-neck t-shirt with a suit jacket.

As for old guys looking stupid with long hair I guess you are right.  There is no way this guy would ever be able to find a chick:

James Ford

« Reply #53 on: July 31, 2013, 02:26:19 pm »
That's the most 2005 looking haircut I've seen since, oh about 2005.

atomicfront

« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2013, 02:49:34 pm »
That's the most 2005 looking haircut I've seen since, oh about 2005.

If you looked that good you wouldn't be so bitter.

atomicfront

« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2013, 02:51:58 pm »
I'm sorry, but that (lack of a) haircut looks stupid on a guy his age. Johnny Depp as well. They both look much better with shorter hair. To say nothing of the white V-neck t-shirt with a suit jacket.

I am sure they really care about your opinion.  How old is too old in your bald-headed opinion?

James Ford

« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2013, 02:55:58 pm »

http://www.11points.com/Misc/11_Ages_When_Men_are_Too_Old_For_Certain_Fashion_Choices

I am sure they really care about your opinion.  How old is too old in your bald-headed opinion?

atomicfront

« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2013, 03:43:56 pm »
My wife loves this guy Father John Misty.  So in 2 years he will be to old for long hair and he will have to cut it?  That would be good.  I don't think she would like him as much with short hair.

I think Jim James looks better with long hair than short hair and he is 35. I think your list might be wrong.  Maybe you should just decide how to look on your own. 

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2013, 08:57:07 pm »
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2013, 10:28:34 pm »
my thoughts on hair

there are a few factors at play:

1. men as they age lose their hair.. A LOT of men..so of course these men are going to argue about how great short hair is...they have no choice! its a natural defense...

2. long hair has always been associated with hippies and rebellion and kids and rock stars etc etc.. its not considered appropriate to be an older man with long hair...its just not viewed as professional but rather than say to themselves "I keep my hair short due to peer pressure and in order to fit in at my job" people ratiionalize that long hair in men looks terrible.. sometimes its easy to lie to oneself........ i'm also reminded of how post 9-11 hair seemed to get shorter very quickly...

3. longer hair is higher maintenance.. people not willing to put in time are going to rationalize that they look better with short hair..

i guess what i'm saying is that when people say they think long hair is stupid their view is really being influenced/formed by above even if they don't realize it or want to admit it...

personally i'm pro-long hair.. short hair in men is so boring.. its like taking hair out of the equation.....are there men who look great with short hair? sure.. but few... can i find pictures of people who look like shit with long hair? of course

and think about it this way... why should long hair be any different in men than women?

« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 10:31:40 pm by hutch »